Marco Mendicino should resign

Should Marco resign for repeatedly lying to you?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 47

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Marco Mendicino should resign

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Marco's constant lying on the firearms file should have been enough to scuttle his confiscation of property from law abiding citizens, but here we are, with Justin carrying his lunch for him on yet another breach of trust fiasco.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Voting shut down before I could cast my opinion.

Please add another vote in favour of punting Mendacity. In fact, make the punting retroactive.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Just hearing it on the TV.

I do not for a minute believe that Trudeau was not fully aware of this transfer.

I do not for a minute believe Minister Mendicino was not aware also. What a crock, toss his employees under the bus. Is he not in charge of these issues?? He is being paid for a political appointment in my opinion.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Ken7 wrote: Jun 18th, 2023, 11:37 am Just hearing it on the TV.

I do not for a minute believe that Trudeau was not fully aware of this transfer.

I do not for a minute believe Minister Mendicino was not aware also. What a crock, toss his employees under the bus. Is he not in charge of these issues?? He is being paid for a political appointment in my opinion.
Every decision made by his Ministers goes through PMO. Paul Martin’s, Minister made a serious mistake giving Karla Homolka an unconditional release.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote: Jun 18th, 2023, 12:36 pm

Every decision made by his Ministers goes through PMO. Paul Martin’s, Minister made a serious mistake giving Karla Homolka an unconditional release.
she was given the light sentence because she was testifying against Bernardo. The prosecution didn't know how heavily involved Homolka was in luring the girls and also participating in their torture and rape until after they saw the video tapes, which Homolka's defense counsel had withheld until after the deal was struck. Pretty slimy but that's defense counsel for you. And shame on the prosecutors for not doing more thorough work to determine just who was doing what and why.
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jun 18th, 2023, 1:18 pm
GordonH wrote: Jun 18th, 2023, 12:36 pm

she was given the light sentence because she was testifying against Bernardo. The prosecution didn't know how heavily involved Homolka was in luring the girls and also participating in their torture and rape until after they saw the video tapes, which Homolka's defense Council had withheld until after the deal was struck. Pretty slimy but that's defense Council for you. And shame on the prosecutors for not doing more thorough work to determine just who was doing what and why.
Anywhere she lives and people recognize her, they will be watching her like a hawk… I hope.
That kind of sickness doesn’t just disappear.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Guaranteed Marco and Justin knew all about it back in March when their offices were first informed about it.

They hoped no one else would notice or find out that Bernardo was moved to a life of luxury. So some poor staffers are being told to fall on their swords to save their Lords and Masters. Wonder if they'll get a brown paper bag full of Chinese Yuan for doing so?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 18th, 2023, 10:13 pm

Guaranteed Marco and Justin knew all about it back in March when their offices were first informed about it.

They hoped no one else would notice or find out that Bernardo was moved to a life of luxury. So some poor staffers are being told to fall on their swords to save their Lords and Masters. Wonder if they'll get a brown paper bag full of Chinese Yuan for doing so?
Hopefully Bernardo goes out into general population, isn’t able to return to his cell.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Isn't this so very Trudeau-esq.

Justin and Marco fought Bernardo's victims in court to "protect" Bernardo's "privacy," and now they're suing the French and Mahaffy families for court costs.

The Trudeau govt fought the families of Kristen French & Leslie Mahaffy in court, to prevent them from obtaining Parole Board & Correctional Service 🇨🇦 info to prepare for the parole hearing of Paul Bernardo. The govt sought $19K in costs from the families.

https://twitter.com/DonPlett/status/1671235292353929216
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 21st, 2023, 1:08 pm Isn't this so very Trudeau-esq.

Justin and Marco fought Bernardo's victims in court to "protect" Bernardo's "privacy," and now they're suing the French and Mahaffy families for court costs.

The Trudeau govt fought the families of Kristen French & Leslie Mahaffy in court, to prevent them from obtaining Parole Board & Correctional Service 🇨🇦 info to prepare for the parole hearing of Paul Bernardo. The govt sought $19K in costs from the families.

https://twitter.com/DonPlett/status/1671235292353929216
Oh, good grief!

How embarrassing to be called Canadian now.

I see there is a Gofundme to help the French and Mahaffy families out. I wish that they raise enough money to see them through this awful episode, as if losing their daughters to Bernardo wasn’t enough grief.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Day by day, Marco's lies see some sunlight.

Just resign already, you steaming pile of turds!

Corrections head questioned how Mendicino was kept in dark over Bernardo transfer

The back-and-forth emails between federal officials and Mendicino himself in the days leading up to and after Canadians learned of the transfer were released to The Canadian Press through the Access to Information Act.

The public safety minister and his staff have been under heavy scrutiny over the past month as more details have emerged about the timeline of the prison transfer. Questions have also swirled around who knew what when, with the Opposition Conservatives demanding that Mendicino resign.

snip

Two weeks later, the correctional service revealed it had first told Mendicino's office about the possibility of a transfer in early March and then again in late May after a date for the move had been set. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was briefed on May 29, the day the transfer took place, while Mendicino has said he found out the next day.

One of the emails released to The Canadian Press shows that Kelly herself reached out to Shawn Tupper and Tricia Geddes, the deputy minister and associate deputy minister of public safety, respectively, three days before the transfer was scheduled to go ahead.

"I had said I would confirm the transfer with you. It will occur next week," Kelly wrote on May 26 in an email with "High Profile Offender" in the subject line.

She told them the federal Public Safety Department, Mendicino's office, the Privy Council Office and the Prime Minister's Office "have been advised" and that "we have media lines ready."

Tupper replied just minutes later to thank Kelly for the confirmation.

A spokeswoman for Mendicino's office has confirmed it was first asked about Bernardo's possible transfer by a staffer in Trudeau's office, who learned of the matter from the PCO.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/43 ... o-transfer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Can it get worse for Marco?

Well, it seems it has. He's caught in another lie.

Privacy Act allows disclosure for inmate transfers, Mendicino said it restricts them

Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino, whose handling of the prison transfer has dogged him for weeks, has said that the Correctional Service of Canada, which was responsible for the decision, owes Canadians an explanation given the severity of Bernardo’s crimes.

But he has also said the Privacy Act was getting in the way of transparency.

“The Privacy Act and other legislation currently puts significant limits on what can be discussed publicly, including information surrounding specific inmate transfers,” Mendicino said in a statement on June 14.

He added he wanted Philippe Dufresne, the federal privacy commissioner, to propose new procedures about sharing information with the public and victims in high-profile cases.

Newly released emails show that got the attention of Dufresne’s office.

snip

The day after Mendicino blamed privacy legislation for restricting what could be shared with Canadians, Dufresne was provided with notes prepared for him by his staff ahead of a meeting with Catherine Luelo, the chief information officer of Canada.

They had been scheduled to discuss privacy-related matters. Mendicino’s comment was listed among topics to discuss.

“This is shared in case you wish to give … an advance warning on our position vis-a-vis the minister’s statement … on the Privacy Act placing ’significant limits on what can be discussed publicly’ about inmate transfers,” Dufresne’s chief of staff wrote on June 15, saying media lines and “factual information” about the law were attached.

The Privacy Act “currently allows federal government institutions to disclose personal information in the public interest,” and says that such decisions must be made by the head of an institution on a case-by-case basis, the staffer wrote.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/pr ... l-bernardo
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Marco proclaimed that the Chinese Police Station in Montreal was closed.

Done. Kaput. No more. He met with them and it's closed, he said.

However, it's actually fully operational, and just recruited 20 people to help out with the CCIFF.

The Service à la famille chinoise du Grand Montréal (SFCGM, 满城华人服务中心), a community group allegedly hosts China's secret police stations and overseen by Brossard Council Xixi Li (李西西), recruited 20 volunteers for the CCIFF's (China-Canada International Film Festival) MTL opening ceremony.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

polelady
Board Meister

Post by polelady »

From his past statements... " Marco Mendicino" seems to be careless with the truth so why believe him now ?

Return to “Canada”