How to make the RCMP proud again

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: How to make the RCMP proud again

Post by Ken7 »

PoplarSoul wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 2:03 pm
Ken7 wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 1:49 pm Call me misogynistic....I like that word.

I was one of few who stopped the old boys club. Let he become a regular. IF she can do the task great, if she can't then you have a time to complain. In policing some of the males, shouldn't have been!!

Yes you are correct I know a number of white males who have tried over the past ten years and they have not been given an opportunity to try and compete for a position. Right now it is minorities, we need minorities, also even locally who are all the officers in Kelowna Detachment?? There is a serge or need to promote females.

Again, not my choice, I always say hire the one who is best suited for a position, although sex and race shouldn't be on the candidates application to fill a vacancy.
Wondering, if the female was best suited for a position, do her male counterparts believe she's only there because she's female?
How do they work with each other with trust and respect?
Is there animosity?
I can't answer that here in Kelowna.

I'd have to snoop with some of the members. I know others from Sask and it is apparent the current promotions are not always the best of those competing. Each case has it's own I'm sure as you know.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Ken7 wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 2:16 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 2:03 pm Wondering, if the female was best suited for a position, do her male counterparts believe she's only there because she's female?
Is there animosity?

I'd have to snoop with some of the members. I know others from Sask and it is apparent the current promotions are not always the best of those competing. Each case has it's own I'm sure as you know.
No, I don't know. I know nothing about the RCMP.
My questions were in general, not just in Kelowna. Are they working with each other with respect?
I was just curious.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

PoplarSoul wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 2:03 pm
Ken7 wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 1:49 pm Call me misogynistic....I like that word.

I was one of few who stopped the old boys club. Let he become a regular. IF she can do the task great, if she can't then you have a time to complain. In policing some of the males, shouldn't have been!!

Yes you are correct I know a number of white males who have tried over the past ten years and they have not been given an opportunity to try and compete for a position. Right now it is minorities, we need minorities, also even locally who are all the officers in Kelowna Detachment?? There is a serge or need to promote females.

Again, not my choice, I always say hire the one who is best suited for a position, although sex and race shouldn't be on the candidates application to fill a vacancy.
Wondering, if the female was best suited for a position, do her male counterparts believe she's only there because she's female?
Is there animosity?
Well if course! I mean only a white male can honestly do the best job as a cop.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

PoplarSoul wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 2:26 pm
Ken7 wrote: Mar 12th, 2023, 2:16 pm

No, I don't know. I know nothing about the RCMP.
My questions were in general, not just in Kelowna. Are they working with each other with respect?
I was just curious.
I can't say for certain only the Departments I still have active member friends with. Years ago we fought to get rid of the sexes.

Canadian Association even removed MENS from anything to stop the gender distinction. A Constable is a constable and so on. We don't have different pay grades for male and females. As of late there is now a Woman's Officers Association in Saskatchewan.

I'm baffled why the ladies want to have this, although I don't walk in their boots. As far as I know it is not a huge problem. The only time I've heard other is when a promotion was favored and the best candidate was not promoted. That is why Police have Unions in an effort to stop that. The RCMP have just recently become more Unionized.

Return to “Canada”