Another day, another Liberal ethics breach

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Another day, another Liberal ethics breach

Post by Gone_Fishin »

You know who ordered him to do it.

It's right in the news article, bolded for your convenience.

Liberal MP Greg Fergus breached Conflict of Interest Act with letter, watchdog rules

Liberal MP Greg Fergus breached the Conflict of Interest Act by writing a letter in support of a television channel's application for mandatory carriage, the federal ethics commissioner has found.

The letter was submitted to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission last year to encourage required distribution of Natyf TV, which serves a multicultural francophone audience, as part of digital basic services.

Fergus, who represents the Quebec riding of Hull-Aylmer, is also parliamentary secretary to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Treasury Board President Mona Fortier, and he has served as chair of the parliamentary Black caucus.

The Canadian Press came across Fergus's letter during a routine examination of filings with the CRTC last fall. Ethics commissioner Mario Dion opened an investigation in early October after the news agency asked his office about the letter.

In a report released Tuesday, Dion said Fergus sought to improperly further Natyf's private interests because he intervened in the decision-making process of the broadcast regulator, a quasi-judicial tribunal.

snip

"There is no doubt that the letter of support was intended to influence the decision of the CRTC so as to further the private interests of Natyf Inc."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/41 ... hdog-rules
Trudeau has worn Dion out.
Dion also announced Tuesday that he is stepping down as commissioner effective Feb. 21 due to "persistent health issues."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Another day, another Liberal ethics breach

Post by polelady »

(persistent health issues)... does that mean someone or something is a pain in my *bleep* he says to doctor !
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I just crossed that, it isn't a normal day unless we read about another!!

Should keep a score card. Trudeau is up to three now isn't he. How many ministers??
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

Ken7 wrote: Feb 14th, 2023, 6:04 pm I just crossed that, it isn't a normal day unless we read about another!!

Should keep a score card. Trudeau is up to three now isn't he. How many ministers??
Three that we know about!
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

JT Comments DUDDLE DUDDLE...lol
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Ken7 wrote: Feb 14th, 2023, 6:04 pm I just crossed that, it isn't a normal day unless we read about another!!

My adding machine ran out of paper when I tried to get a tally.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

polelady wrote: Feb 14th, 2023, 5:33 pm (persistent health issues)... does that mean someone or something is a pain in my *bleep* he says to doctor !
That "someone" has fled to Barbados just as Dion and Lucki announce their resignations.

Weird, eh? Almost like he planned to avoid questions and scrutiny on the announcements... :135:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Canada”