Steven Guilbeault working for China

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Steven Guilbeault working for China

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Ya gotta be kiddin' me!

How is this even possible?

Guilbeault wants China as ally, serves as adviser to Beijing

Justin Trudeau’s environment minister, Steven Guilbeault, is pulling double duty as an official adviser to the Chinese government. Turns out, he also wants to make Beijing an ally on the environmental issue and will head to coal-powered China at the end of the month after lecturing Canada’s premiers on using fossil fuels.

During an exclusive interview Guilbeault granted to environmental activist media outlet the National Observer, he acknowledged that he’d be criticized for the trip.

snip

Anyone would be justified in pointing out the foolishness of Guilbeault looking to find an ally in Beijing.

Guilbeault is going to a meeting of the China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development (CCICED). It is described as a think tank but is actually a creation of China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment.

The ministry, part of the Communist Party of China, selects the leadership as well as “providing guidance for its operations, implementation, and daily management.” The council is tasked with conducting research and offering proposals to the Chinese government.

Guilbeault is also currently listed as Executive Vice Chairperson of the Executive Committee of the CCICED.

He sits alongside Ding Xuexiang, who serves as the chair of the CCICED. Xuexiang is also the first vice premier of the People’s Republic of China and stands just behind Xi Jinping in the pecking order of the Communist Party of China.

There truly is no length that the Trudeau Liberals won’t go to cozy up to China. It’s one thing for diplomats to have discussions, to deal with irritants at international conferences but this is something else.

Guilbeault wants to treat a country that undermines our democracy, that intimidates and harasses Chinese-Canadians as an ally. He is a formal adviser to the government of China on the environment while also serving as Canada’s environment minister, it’s an untenable situation.

snip

According to Our World in Data, run by Oxford University, China’s CO2 emissions in 2021 were 54.59 billion tonnes, up from 52.59 billion tonnes in 2020. That means China’s annual increase of 2 billion tonnes is more than all of Canada’s emissions, pegged at 777 million tonnes.

And while Guilbeault picks fights with provincial governments across Canada for generating a small and shrinking amount of electricity from coal or natural gas, China last year built roughly two coal plants per week. According to the group, Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air, the coal power capacity of the generating stations China put under construction last year was six times that of the rest of the world.

These are Steven Guilbeault’s friends and allies. Canadians, it seems, are his enemies.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... to-beijing
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.
George Orwell 1984
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Steven Guilbeault working for China

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

And the Chinese laughed and laughed . How many times will China slap the liberals face ? How many times must Canada be left standing on the playground with our pants pulled down as the Chinese Laugh and Laugh?
George Orwell 1984
Grand Pooh-bah

How many time have the liberals cosied up to China ? Covid-19 JT desperately tries to be BFF with Xi . Here ya go Canadas supply of PPE . In return we received mask and equipment that went to the landfill . The Winnipeg lab debacle and the Chinese operatives scurry out of the country - jt refuses to investigate . China has been interfering in our elections, jt refuses to investigate How many more instances ? Today we Guilbeault again attempting to cozy up to China . They are not our friends ! Wake up !
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

That should prove to be an interesting meeting.
Will Guilbeault be lecturing the Chinese or will they be lecturing him?

A likey outcome and scenario,
Guilbeault returns from China and states that due to China being unable to reduce its carbon output, Canada will do its part by quadrupling its carbon taxes immediately.
In return China will be purchasing all of Canada's carbon credits and Canada will use that money to build accommodation for Chinese students studying in Canada.

PM trudeau, his entire cabinet and advisors will be flying to Beijing to sign this agreement.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
George Orwell 1984
Grand Pooh-bah

Yes a few billion dollars to China to help with their carbon output, sounds about right :-X
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

How much is Beijing paying Guilbeault to be part of the communist government's committee?

You’ve surely noticed that Guilbeault shows aggression and disdain when dealing with Western Canada, and openly seeks to undermine the key industries of the West, while showing empathy and respect towards Communist China.

We see the same pattern with Justin Trudeau, who has never shown the same level of anger towards China that he has towards people in parts of the country that ‘dare’ to vote Conservative and oppose his political agenda.

Real leaders are able to set aside internal political disputes and understand that their first duty is always to protect the interests of their own Citizens, and then their democratic allies in other nations, long before considering what hostile Communist States and authoritarian dictatorships want.

Yet, Guilbeault and Trudeau seem to have this completely backwards.

They demonize and divide their own fellow Citizens, seek to pit region against region, and seek to use government power to crush entire sectors in Conservative parts of the country, while doing everything possible to placate Communist China.

Not only that, but Guilbeault is literally part of a committee within China’s government, raising serious doubts about who is actually working for. This also makes the Liberal refusal to hold a public inquiry into China’s interference look even more suspicious.

Clearly, the radicalism of Guilbeault and Trudeau is a threat not only to our economy, but to our national unity, and – given Guibeault’s advisory role with China – potentially our national security as well.

Both of them have no business remaining in office. Canadians have the right to know we can trust our leaders to at the very least work in the interests of Canada, and Guilbeault and Trudeau simply don’t meet that low bar.

https://spencerfernando.com/2023/08/16/ ... ist-regime
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Guilbeault should be a greeter at Walmart. He'd at least be at home selling all of that Chinese crap they sell there. I never thought that Canada could get a dumber environment minister than Climate Einstein McKenna but here we are, with a raving lunatic imbecile given carte blanche by his brain-dead PM and propped up by the spineless moronic NDP to destroy Canada's economy, with China's blessing. Just disgusting.
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself." - James Carville
featfan
Lord of the Board

Post by featfan »

Wow, I would be banned if I said what I am thinking right now about China.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

featfan wrote: Aug 16th, 2023, 5:22 pm Wow, I would be banned if I said what I am thinking right now about China.
Me too, if I said what I really think of Putz & Co.

Shall we drive over the cliff together, ala Thelma & Louise, after we speak our true thoughts, featfan?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
featfan
Lord of the Board

Post by featfan »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 16th, 2023, 7:56 pm
featfan wrote: Aug 16th, 2023, 5:22 pm Wow, I would be banned if I said what I am thinking right now about China.

Shall we drive over the cliff together, ala Thelma & Louise, after we speak our true thoughts, featfan?
Heck no, I just got my first pension cheque last month.
I want to get back some of what I paid into for fifty plus years.
Thanks for thinking of me.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

featfan wrote: Aug 16th, 2023, 9:56 pm
Catsumi wrote: Aug 16th, 2023, 7:56 pm

Heck no, I just got my first pension cheque last month.
I want to get back some of what I paid into for fifty plus years.
Thanks for thinking of me.
:up:
Congratulations. I hope there's many more to come.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Aug 16th, 2023, 4:40 pm That should prove to be an interesting meeting.
Will Guilbeault be lecturing the Chinese or will they be lecturing him?
Guilbeault will be sent back to Canada with instructions from Xi to drive Canada further into debt and push more citizens into the poor house.

That's the plan, that's the path the Liberals have been pursuing since Beijing bankrolled them into power into 2015.

China wants Canada as weak as possible. We have everything they want to strengthen their position in the world. Weaklings are easy to control. Hence the weak leader, the weak economy, the weak military.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Adam Pankratz: Steven Guiltbeault's net-zero plan is laughably impossible

Canada’s Minister of Environmental Magic, Steven Guilbeault, is at it again. His next trick, more daring than scaling even the tallest skyscraper, is to eliminate fossil fuels from Canada’s electrical grid by 2035 . If rammed through, this latest government act of wand waving will cost Canadians more for a lower standard of living and drag our federal finances further towards the abyss. His plan is already encountering push back as it comes up against that which Minister Guilbeault hates most: reality.

Let us first consider the facts of the matter. Canada’s electricity grid is already very clean by international standards. Approximately 82 per cent of our electricity currently comes from renewable and non-carbon emitting sources, with the majority accounted for by our vast hydro-electric capabilities. The distribution is not even, however. In B.C. electricity is 87 per cent hydro and almost 95 per cent renewable already and in Ontario over 90 per cent of electricity is from non-emitting sources, the majority being nuclear. In Alberta the story is different: non-renewable sources account for 90 per cent of electrical generation there. It is hardly surprising then that B.C. and Ontario have remained silent while Alberta has blown a (natural gas fuelled) gasket over the Liberal plan.

All provinces should, however, be careful. Eighty-two per cent clean electricity is not 100 per cent and that 18 per cent is meaningful both in terms of quality of life and expense. The key question is: what does that 18 per cent actually represent? In 2019 Canada generated 632.3 terawatt-hours of electricity . If 82 per cent produced little or no carbon emissions, that still leaves 113.8 terawatt-hours from natural gas, coal and oil.

B.C. is currently building a massive hydroelectric dam called Site-C. This project, for which planning began in the 1990s and construction only started in 2015, will cost approximately $16 billion and generate 5,100 gigawatt-hours of electricity for British Columbia . That’s 5.1 terawatt-hours. So, were we to use hydro to make up for the electrical shortfall eliminating fossil fuels creates, at minimum we would need to build 22 Site-C equivalents. At B.C. prices that’s $352 billion dollars. Even if we could pretend to ignore that mind-boggling sum, does any one believe we could build 22 such infrastructure projects in 12 years given our recent track record? If you do, I have land to sell you upon which to build them.

Perhaps we could use nuclear? Well, yes we could. However, anyone in Ontario familiar with the Darlington nuclear plant fiasco can tell you what magnitude of costs we are talking about. The current refurbishment which, on time and on budget though it is, will still cost nearly $13 billion . Its generation capacity is large at 31 TWh annually. But current costs are only a refurbishment. To build a new plant is far more expensive. In Georgia the phase 3 and 4 of the Vogtle plant will cost over $USD 30 billion , while generating 17.5 TWh of power . This means Canada could be looking at five or more reactors and a bill anywhere between $52 billion on the unrealistic low end and $262 billion on the Georgia-experience end.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... a544&ei=11
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself." - James Carville
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Good point!

Danielle Smith
34 minutes ago
·
After a recent news report that Minister Steven Guilbeault is a vice-chair of a 🇨🇳 CCP environmental group, I am concerned why the Minister wants to force Alberta to 2035, but its okay with China getting there by 2060...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Canada”