Trump discussion

johnny24
Board Meister

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by johnny24 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 29th, 2017, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

whats the point you are proving ? that some americans had no clue what trump was really about and are now coming to see that it was all smoke and mirrors ?

haha dick chaney said today that russia commited an act of war . everyone on trumps election team was all kissy kissy with russians . the americans might as well anounce putin as the real prez and be done with it :smt045
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 29th, 2017, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

johnny24 wrote:
Strange how the poorly educated are all infatuated with Trump.

Oh come on now, Johnny. Give a guy a break there fella!

Even the most highly of educated persons can't help but stop to watch a train wreak and there will

be a few among those that will find the need to commiserate over all the varying possibilities of how it happened. :up:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 29th, 2017, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Barney Google wrote:Oh come on now, Johnny. Give a guy a break there fella!

Even the most highly of educated persons can't help but stop to watch a train wreak and there will

be a few among those that will find the need to commiserate over all the varying possibilities of how it happened. :up:

Was nothing personal, was a fact. He had a lot of support from the poorly educated, and it's interesting to why that is. He even acknowledged that on his campaign. In his supporter's eyes, he can do nothing wrong.

I'm not a leftist, but it's pretty sad when my best source of entertainment is watching people run a country.

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Interesting juxtaposition between Trump's touting of coal, and bringing back coal mining jobs and reality. https://psmag.com/does-coal-have-a-future-in-the-united-states-992bb95ce82a

"Goldman Sachs takes a similar view. The renowned house of money declared in January that it’s time to slowly ease coal out of the energy mix, with a friendly pat on the head for all the good it did for the U.S. economy."

Trump has filled his cabinet with Goldman Sachs folks - so he obviously likes their world view and analysis. But he gets up there on the podium and touts coal, and that it will bring prosperity to the US. Brazenly lying to his supporters.

Meanwhile, Trump wants to sabotage Obamacare, which while badly flawed (after all, it was a Republican idea), which offers some sort of lifeline to these folks. Trump wants to chop the heck out of a number of programs that help these laid off miners, some of whom are veterans.

Obama's retraining efforts for these folks failed. Even with some assistance for relocation, many are older workers in their fifties - and that runs them into the brick wall of age discrimination.

The kind of work these folks are good at is fading away fast as automation and technology roar past them. These coal miners are not alone. Auto parts workers and manufacturing workers in general. Textile workers. http://www.businessinsider.com/declining-industries-in-america-2013-12

When you look at this: https://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_table_105.htm the magnitude of the problem becomes apparent.

Every industry is dropping workers as fast as they can. That's the Wall St. way. Nobody has a plan for them. Wall St. doesn't care. Obama and HRC had the "same old" with retraining (for what? jobs). The Republicans have the "you're on your own" attitude. Trump offers what? A return to the past? Just illusions of MAGA.

Time for some real plans. Not Trump nonsense or the "same old" from the Dems or the "tough luck" Republican approach.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Great post hobbyguy. Sad thing is Trump's budget requires Reaganist type of growth rates (4-5%) to limit the deficit and as your post demonstrates, that's just not possible going forward. Even worse if you add in the impact driverless vehicles pose for that industry. Then add in Trump's plan to step back from investments in clean-energy jobs, one of the few growth industries, and it becomes clear that Trump promised more than any politician can deliver.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

johnny24 wrote: Was nothing personal, was a fact. He had a lot of support from the poorly educated, and it's interesting to why that is. He even acknowledged that on his campaign. In his supporter's eyes, he can do nothing wrong.
I'm not a leftist, but it's pretty sad when my best source of entertainment is watching people run a country.

Really, could have fooled me. Anyhoo, I am not a Trump supporter, how can I be, I live in Canada but then that little fact is lost on most here. I do defend him though because watching people trash every move he makes so they can be on the "cool kids" band wagon kind of makes me want to throw-up. You say "In his supporter's eyes, he can do nothing wrong", well, the same can be said that in his detractors eyes, he can do NO right.

If I were a US citizen though, I still would have voted for Trump, not because I like him (I don't) but because between him and the "other" option he was still 100 times the better choice.
Last edited by krocky on Mar 29th, 2017, 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

krocky wrote:
If I were a US citizen though, I still would have voted for Trump, not because I like him (I don't) but because between him and the "other" option he was still 100 times the better choice.

/end thread

You win.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

:spitcoffee:

Definition:
"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting sociallyprogressive views, including feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, and identity politics.

How exactly do you figure defending Trump makes you an SJW? Going by the above definition it pretty well makes you the opposite.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Poindexter wrote:Definition:
"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting sociallyprogressive views, including feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, and identity politics.
How exactly do you figure defending Trump makes you an SJW? Going by the above definition it pretty well makes you the opposite.

I don't, it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment. My bad.!! I have edited the comment for clarity..
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Thanks, makes much more sense.

I think if I were to actually put a label you and GB it would be "contrarian". Someone who opposes or rejects popular opinion; going against current practice. More accurate?

Does make it tough to debate given your position gives you a back door out of any issue, but to each their own.

Return to “World”