Democrats

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Democrats

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote: Jun 9th, 2021, 11:51 am
It's not Trump doing it, though, and that's what really matters to some folk - what happens as a direct result of the Democrats' border policies are of no concern to them.

Some people have told us they are happy they don't see or hear about what the Democrats are doing. They have told us they are happy to turn on the news have the news media not tell them about what the Democrats have done to cause harm to too many children, how the Democrats' border policies have negatively impacted the lives of so many people. Doesn't matter that the Democrats are doing it - "at least we don't hear" about it.
:up:
"I was the guy who brought in the Indian Act for Canada. I was awful to Canadian Indigenous. But I was a Liberal, so no one throws paint on my statue. Ha ha John A.! Being Liberal means no one cares how racist you were!" - Alexander McKenzie
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Kamala's terrible, no-good, awful response when asked about the border

Kamala Harris, even more than Barack Obama before her, attained her position, not because of any inherent abilities or experience, but because she met the left's racial and sex metrics. That she is not now, and probably never will be, ready for prime time has been made obvious thanks to Biden's decision to hand her responsibility for the mess that Biden made of America's southern border.

In an interview with a very friendly Lester Holt, Kamala again revealed how vapid she is. When she should be intellectually nimble, she is, instead, always caught flat-footed. The only good thing to come out of it was Tucker Carlson's wonderful riff about her manifest incompetence.

As a former Californian, I've long known about Kamala Harris. I know that it was her affair with Willie Brown, the brilliant Black political godfather of California (and former San Francisco mayor) that got her started in politics. As I like to say, she slept her way to the middle. Both as a district attorney and, later, California's attorney general, she was famous for being unprincipled, but nevertheless appropriate as a vaguely Black female.

I also know people who know people. One of my friends, who was politically incredibly well connected, told me that Kamala is none too bright. In his estimation, she owed her political ascension entirely to having Willie Brown guide her. Sure, that's hearsay, but it's consistent with her performance over the years. My guess is that it was Brown who came up with Kamala's successful "I was that little girl" attack on Biden early in the primaries.

It's also my guess that now that she's in the White House, Kamala can't call on Willie Brown anymore, leaving her adrift. That's why she's avoiding her responsibility regarding the border: she has no idea what to do because, politically, the border has become a hot potato. While the Democrat base likes having an open border, most Americans don't — including the Hispanic citizens of McAllen, Texas, who just voted in a Republican mayor. It's a tricky situation for a Democrat politician, and Kamala's pedestrian brain can't grapple with it.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... order.html
"I was the guy who brought in the Indian Act for Canada. I was awful to Canadian Indigenous. But I was a Liberal, so no one throws paint on my statue. Ha ha John A.! Being Liberal means no one cares how racist you were!" - Alexander McKenzie
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Kamala Harris’s Very Bad Trip South

If this is what constitutes ‘success’ for the vice president, one shudders to contemplate what failure would look like.

Kamala Harris was not happy about being publicly associated with the Mexican border, and after her disastrous interview with NBC’s Lester Holt and her flailing trip to Mexico and Guatemala, we can see why she would be generally leery of public-facing responsibilities. The entire excursion was a fiasco in just about every possible way, even down to her plane having to turn around and return to Andrews Air Force Base half an hour into its flight. Harris may be comfortable as a partisan attack dog and a historic symbol, but everyone involved will likely think twice before giving her another real job.

Harris has never handled criticism or probing questions well, even by the prickly standards of politicians. She tends to react with a combination of scorn and bizarrely out-of-place laughter when asked questions that she does not want to answer. It has never been clear if the laughter is an involuntary, nervous defense mechanism, a gesture of contempt, or some sort of deliberate strategy to soften the blow of a non-answer, but it invariably backfires.

The Holt interview showcased Harris at her worst. Asked by Holt when she was going to actually visit the border, which her foreign trip studiously avoided, she first tried to shift responsibility away from herself personally, then dissolved into non sequiturs and that laughter:

I — at some point — you know — we are going to the border. We’ve been to the border. So this whole — this whole — this whole thing about the border. We’ve been to the border. We’ve been to the border. . . .

I — and I haven’t been to Europe. And I mean, I don’t — I don’t understand the point that you’re making. I’m not discounting the importance of the border.

This was roundly mocked, as even border-district Democrats in Congress have been pressing her to visit, but she did it again in Mexico City, laughing and rolling her eyes when asked to commit to such a visit:

SNIP

Even CNN, in a story bylined by five reporters with reporting by three more — undoubtedly reflecting how many knowledgeable sources were eager to talk — ended up airing leaked criticism of Harris as well as more buck-passing from Harris’s team:

Vice President Kamala Harris endured a rocky first foreign trip since taking office, with sources telling CNN her two-day swing through Mexico and Guatemala left some administration officials quietly perplexed about what they perceive as her bumpy answers to questions about whether she will go to the US-Mexico border. Several sources say there was a real hope inside the White House that Harris’ first trip abroad would be a success, and worry that what looked like ill-prepared answers to that inevitable question would overshadow it. . . .

The vice president’s team, for their part, were frustrated by what they perceive to be questioning driven by Republican attacks falsely painting her as the administration’s border czar, rather than focused on the root causes of migration.

Ouch.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/06/ ... rip-south/
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rashida Tlaib to Her 1.5 Million Twitter Followers: ‘Freedom of Speech Doesn’t Exist for Muslim Women In Congress’

Earlier today, David Harsanyi observed how Representative Ilhan Omar has a familiar playbook whenever she “says something incendiary and/or idiotic.” It mainly involves smearing her critics and claiming to be the victim of efforts to silence her. Rep. Rashida Tlaib is now picking up the baton after House leadership was finally forced to criticize Omar for her conflation of the U.S., Israel, Hamas, and the Taliban.

This, of course, is absurd. Omar and Tlaib are free to say whatever they want to and they take advantage of that right frequently. As Israeli civilians were under fire from thousands of rockets recently, the two Congresswomen spent weeks parroting out Hamas talking points without consequence. But freedom of speech also means that other people have the freedom to criticize them when they say dumb things. What’s more, statements by Omar and Tlaib have gotten amplified more than typical junior members of Congress. Tlaib’s tweet lamenting her lack of freedom of speech was sent out to her 1,491, 048 Twitter followers. Omar, meanwhile, has over 3 million. That’s quite a silencing.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/r ... -congress/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jewish House Democrats condemn Omar for comparing US and Israel with Hamas and the Taliban

A group of a dozen Jewish House Democratic members is calling on fellow Rep. Ilhan Omar to "clarify her words," after accusing her of equating the US and Israel with the Taliban and Hamas, the Palestinian militant group designated as a terrorist organization by the US.

Omar's views on Israel and Palestinian rights have often put her at crossroads with fellow Democrats, and GOP members often highlight her stance to justify calls for her removal from committees. The dispute between Omar, a progressive from Minnesota, and the group of House members who pushed back on her comments underscores the fracture within the Democratic Party over Israel policy, continuing after a recent, violent days-long conflict in the region.

Omar had tweeted Monday that "we have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban."

"We must have the same level of accountability and justice for all victims of crimes against humanity," she wrote, including a video of her questioning Secretary of State Tony Blinken during a House hearing Monday.

On Wednesday, the group of Jewish House lawmakers, including House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, argued that "equating the United States and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban is as offensive as it is misguided."

"Ignoring the differences between democracies governed by the rule of law and contemptible organizations that engage in terrorism at best discredits one's intended argument and at worst reflects deep-seated prejudice," the group said in a statement Wednesday.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/je ... d=msedgntp
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

The Unbearable Lightweightness of Kamala Harris

It’s faint praise at best to describe someone as not smart or dumb. In fact, I don’t know that Kamala Harris is dumb. She may have brains, but she doesn’t much show them. She comes across as a woman who’s well over her head, and that should disturb anyone who cares about the welfare and safety of the nation. After all, this Californian who spent a chunk of her formative years in Montreal is, as the cliché goes, “a heartbeat away from the presidency.”

Harris mouths talking points and reads from scripts like a robot. She often displays an inappropriate, grating cackle-of-a-laugh, which suggests nervousness and lack of confidence. Her recent interview with Lester Holt was sophomoric. Does anyone not think that profilers in China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea aren’t taking copious notes? Wonder if tyrants Xi Jinping and Vlad Putin wake up in cold sweats at night dreading Harris’ ascendency to the presidency? Key question is, does the long corrupted and daft Joe Biden have enough gas in his tank to stay president for the full ride?

Word is that Biden fancies himself an uber “progressive” who aims to surpass Wilson, FDR, and the corrupted and vain LBJ. Biden wants to leave his lefty forerunners in the dust, hypercentralizing government and whacking away at our God-given constitutional rights on an eye-popping scale, thereby catapulting him into the pantheon of great white lib presidents. Not that we’ll hold Biden’s whiteness against him. And not that Joe expects a statue erected anywhere in his honor. The living memorial to Joe is his vaunted son, Hunter. Okay, so, we won’t go there.

We’re not quite sure if Biden’s illusion of grandeur is a product of his deteriorating mind or predates it. From the time Joe was a young whippersnapper in the U.S. Senate, he was a man stuffed with conceits. In his salad days, he was vindictive, snarky, and bullying (traits he shares with Harris). Remember the “high-tech lynching” of Clarence Thomas? You’d think that antiracist Biden would have shown tons of respect and deference for a soul brother. Otherwise, at very best, Joe served as a mediocre for years in a body that views mediocrity as a resumé enhancement.
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... arris.html
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

You really have to feel a little bit sorry for Kamala

It's not really your fault. The cabal that selected Joe Biden, knowing he wouldn't have any real power, conceded to his pandering notion that he had to have a black female vice president, giving Stacey Abrams/Maxine Waters/Sheila Jackson Lee/Frederica Wilson/Ayanna Pressley/Jamele Hill collective giggly vapors. The cabal, also knowing it wouldn't matter because the black female vice president wouldn't have any real power, either, said what the hell, and you were eenie-meenie-miney-moed. Considering all the alternatives, you were the least bad choice.

But now you're stuck, because you don't know what you're doing, and you know it. Everyone else knows it, too, and you know that, and you're mad about it, because people keep pointing it out in ways you never see coming. You had no fixed goal in mind when you went south, and the muckety-mucks of Guatemala and Mexico ate your lunch. They smelled your fear and weakness and incompetence before your plane even landed. You babbled something about U.S. companies investing in "hope" down there so all those Guatamexihondurans would stay put but offered the same old aid packages they've seen before. They told you the ugly truth that you and Joe just can't get into your freakishly bloated cortexes: if you don't want all these poor, uneducated, unskilled, sick, hungry brown people coming into the country illegally, announce that you are closing the border, and then close the border. How hard is that?

And you keep getting that question about when you are going to the southern border. Lester Holt asked you about that just recently. You haven't kept up with your Botox because your eyebrows yanked up to your hairline and you launched an aria sung in the key of livid: "We've been to the border. We've been to the border. We've been to the border."

Lester pointed out that you have not been to the border.

"And I haven't been to Europe," you said with that cackly laugh that telegraphs to everyone in listening range that what you're about to say is so stupid that you can't believe it yourself. "And I mean, I don't understand the point that you're making. I'm not discounting the importance of the border." Lester looked at you as if you were a Jimi Hendrix wa-wa pedal. Keep practicing that Advanced Petard Hoistmanship. It's going to come in handy.
Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... z6xXMt9OsA
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

AOC’s aunt puts the lie to her niece’s tales about Trump

It all started when Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is the face of the Democrat party, announced that her poor grandmother (or Abuela) in Puerto Rico was suffering in a broken-down home because Trump failed to improve life on the island after Hurricane Maria. Conservative commentator Matt Walsh set up a GoFundMe for the poor Abuela, which raised over $110,000 – money that an outraged AOC refused. Now, the Daily Mail is reporting that a woman who identified herself as AOC’s aunt refuses to blame Trump for the island’s struggles. You couldn’t write a sitcom as funny as this.

SNIP

But what’s really amusing is that the Daily Mail discovered that Trump had nothing to do with what’s going on with AOC’s Abuela. It sent an intrepid reporter to Puerto Rico to get the facts. It’s true that the roof on the home is covered with a tarp, so there’s definitely a problem there (a problem that AOC could easily have fixed instead of buying a Tesla) but Trump’s not to blame:

And when we politely approached the two-story flat-roofed residence, we were met by a woman who told us emphatically after viewing AOC's tweets: 'I am her aunt. We don't speak for the community.'

The relative, who refused to give her name, added: 'We are private people, we don't talk about our family.' Ironically for AOC, she also refused to blame former President Donald Trump for thousands of Hurricane Maria victims being unable to get money to repair shattered homes.

Her aunt said: 'In this area people need a lot of help. Many people have needed it for the past four years and haven't had anything.'

Yet she did not pin that on Trump, adding: 'It's a problem here in Puerto Rico with the administration and the distribution of help. It is not a problem with Washington. We had the assistance and it didn't get to the people.'

What you’re seeing here is really important. Nobody would ever have talked to the aunt if Matt Walsh hadn’t so brilliantly trolled AOC. That exposed AOC’s personal wealth, lack of generosity, and stone-cold political heart. It also got a major outlet to head to Puerto Rico and make a big headline story about the fact that Trump was innocent of AOC’s malicious charges.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... trump.html
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ilhan Omar needs to be punted out of Congress, her hatred and evil that she brings to the US government is truly sickening.

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Day 83 of the useless belly-laughing imbecile Kamala being in charge of the border crisis. What a freaking joke.
Day 83 of Kamala Harris's border czar caper, and a new round of migrant detention centers go up

Eighty-three days into Kamala Harris's tenure as Joe Biden's border czar, a slew of new border detention facilities are suddenly being constructed. Those are to house the growing wave of illegal border crossers. Seems that Harris hasn't been effective.

According to Breitbart News:

Construction is set to begin on temporary detention facilities at the Border Patrol’s Interstate 35 checkpoint and other locations in Laredo, Texas. The shelters are military-style general-purpose tents and can house 60 people per tent. Plans for the climate-controlled structures, designed only for short-term detention, do not include funding for contract personnel to staff the facilities.

According to a law enforcement source within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Laredo Sector is accepting hundreds of migrant transfers from the Del Rio Sector. The source says nearly 100 migrants are transferred from Del Rio to Laredo, Texas daily.

Which doesn't sound like a success story for someone who's charged with halting the border surge, supposedly, by tackling root causes. Fact is, the problem is getting worse.

And here's the border surge problem by the Border Patrol's official numbers. These are the land-based southwest border "encounters."

January: 75,313
February: 97,640
March: 169,204
April: 173,686
May: 172,011
This month, they're reportedly on track to surpass 180,000.

The surge is getting bigger, even as the hot summer months beckon.

Breitbart cites one reason for the likeliness of all the newly constructed detention facilities: Joe plans to rescind the Centers for Disease Control order that states that on the grounds of COVID risk in the time of the pandemic, unvetted migrants rolling in illegally need to be immediately sent back, (except, as Joe has determined, unaccompanied children, which is why the kid surge still goes full blast).
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ng_up.html
foenix
Übergod

Post by foenix »

Yeah it's too bad BOTH party has no clue in how to solve the US southern border. At least the Democrats are more humane about how they go about dealing with that particular problem unlike the other party who wants to......
I guess they better arm up and get guns and be ready, and maybe they’re going to have to start taking matters into their own hands.”
Lara Trump Urges Border Residents To ‘Get Guns And Be Ready’ For Migrants

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lara-tru ... 7e3d053c2d

I hope that's not the Democratic solution to the border problem is to shoot all the migrants that cross the border unlike what some of the Republicans are suggesting.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Idiot Dem Ilhan Omar pulls off a rare trifecta, she angers not only her fellow party, and Republicans, but now she's also peed-off Hamas too! Wow that is amazing!
Hamas unloads on Ilhan Omar — for comparing terror group to the US

Rep. Ilhan Omar is taking flak from all sides: now she’s even offended Hamas.

The terror group on Saturday condemned the Minnesota Democrat’s explosive tweet that compared the US and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban — drawing the ire of both Democrats and Republicans this week.

Omar “equated between the victim and the executioner,” Basem Naim of Hamas’ International Relations Office complained in a statement that took issue with her Monday post on Twitter.

“it is unacceptable to make such an unfair comparison, which contradicts with basic norms of justice and international law,” Naim continued in a missive first reported by the Jerusalem Post.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/hamas-unl ... o-the-u-s/
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Kamala Harris had a "shocker" of a week - too right Australian media too right - the VP is a giant embarrassment and a total imbecile. What a joke the US government has turned into and what an embarrassing time to be an American....

Return to “World”