Another shooting rocks the world

Even Steven
Guru

Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50+DEAD 400+Injured

Post by Even Steven »

Glacier wrote:In other news, a lot of people are somewhat happy about this shooting... https://twitter.com/cryingcassie/status ... 5711518720

Oh, that's mean.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

It's not only mean, it's one of the most disgusting comments I've ever read. In a democracy, we don't advocate killing our political opponents - we DEBATE them.

She should move to some dictatorship somewhere if she believes in killing all those who disagree with her particular world view.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Merry wrote:Whereas terrorists are perfectly sane people, who hold radical beliefs that they try to force on others by using violence to scare them into submission.

I'd argue that people who hold radical beliefs are not perfectly sane. Terrorists or otherwise.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Merry wrote:It's not only mean, it's one of the most disgusting comments I've ever read. In a democracy, we don't advocate killing our political opponents - we DEBATE them.

She should move to some dictatorship somewhere if she believes in killing all those who disagree with her particular world view.

and the folks that threatned rachel notley are in jail or got slap on the wrist ? .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

terrorists gf is in japan . american cops expect her to return to face questions .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:but under nevada law it is a act of terrorism. google nevada law on terrorism . its there in black and white

I posted the law - you might want to read it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

While Stephen Paddock appeared to have no criminal history, his father was a notorious bank robber, Eric Paddock confirmed to The Orlando Sentinel. Benjamin Hoskins Paddock tried to run down an FBI agent with his car in Las Vegas in 1960 and wound up on the agency's most wanted list after escaping from a federal prison in Texas in 1968, when Stephen Paddock was a teen.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#208069
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Merry wrote:It's not only mean, it's one of the most disgusting comments I've ever read. In a democracy, we don't advocate killing our political opponents - we DEBATE them.

Indeed Merry, though if you believe that to be the most disgusting thing you’ve read, you’ve been avoiding a lot of comment sections and right wing sites or YouTube videos. The the comments I’ve seen directed at democrats or Hillary Clinton or Obama would almost make you reconsider your entire view on humanity.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Maybe it's just me, as each day passes. I get the feeling the US & it's people are like a monster pressure cooker with a blocked pressure release valve. That pot could blow at anytime, when it does I for one want to be well outside the blast zone.
I really hope I am wrong on this one.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

This country needs a giant sign - "It's been # days since the last awful thing happened here".
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Even Steven wrote:This country needs a giant sign - "It's been # days since the last awful thing happened here".

Waste of time they would never get it past "0".
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Somewhere somebody's already trying to figure out who'd play the role of the killer in the movie to follow.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

I wonder if this IDIOT called TRUMP will stop backing the NRA. My guess is the shooter had 30+ shot magazines which TRUMP and his cronies wouldn't ban. The sooner he is gone the better the world will be!!!!! :swear:
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Jonrox wrote:I'd argue that people who hold radical beliefs are not perfectly sane. Terrorists or otherwise.

I guess it depends how you define "radical". There are people here in Canada who hold VERY strong religious views, and some folks would describe them as being "radical". Yet holding extremely strong religious views does not mean you're insane.

Ditto for those who see themselves as being "freedom fighters". They consider themselves to have "seen the light" when it comes to their particular world view, and the rest of us as being misguided and in need of their assistance to realize the "true" way. Those who disagree with them may consider such people to be "radical", but the folks who hold that world view don't see it that way at all. However they are not insane.

It all depends which side of the fence you're on. For example, there are some folks here in Canada who would advocate violence to silence a crowd protesting against illegal immigrants being allowed to cross our borders. And although I consider all who would resort to violence to stop a protest they disagree with to be "radicals" there are others who would consider such actions justified - using the logic that "the end justifies the means". But in my mind, when you live in a democracy such as Canada, disagreeing with someone else's world view is NOT a good enough reason to resort to violence, of any kind. We should be able to discuss our differences in a civilized way, not start punching each other (or worse). But, whatever you may think of such folk, they are NOT insane. Misguided maybe, but not insane.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:
Indeed Merry, though if you believe that to be the most disgusting thing you’ve read, you’ve been avoiding a lot of comment sections and right wing sites or YouTube videos. The the comments I’ve seen directed at democrats or Hillary Clinton or Obama would almost make you reconsider your entire view on humanity.

I agree, and I think this is largely why Twitter is dying a slow death. It brings out the absolute worst people.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “World”