Another shooting rocks the world

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by Glacier »

So why aren't I going on a shooting rampage? I own 4 semi-autos. Might go buy some pistols at Christmas.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:So why aren't I going on a shooting rampage? I own 4 semi-autos.

only a matter of time, obviously. You own guns = you will be going on a shooting rampage. There is no middle ground.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Glacier wrote:So why aren't I going on a shooting rampage? I own 4 semi-autos. Might go buy some pistols at Christmas.

exactly, i own a few myself, and i have seen all the horror movies of the 70's and 80's why have i not also gone on a shooting rampage,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:only a matter of time, obviously. You own guns = you will be going on a shooting rampage. There is no middle ground.

There is for those who care to have an actual conversation and not resort to whataboutisms.

It seems to me that it's all about culture. Americans view these weapons as some sort of god given right and they also believe guns are to be used as a form of protection against other people. There is a culture of fear at work. We see tons of evidence of that now. And we see it creeping into Canada too.

I was raised with guns, I have guns now and I have my own PAL. But I have always been brought up to think of them as a tool for acquiring food. The majority of my friends and family who own them feel that way as well. I don't own a single thing worth taking a life over and I have insurance. I also have children so my weapons are properly stored, I could never access them quick to use for self defense even if I wanted to. We just don't have the same mentality about weapons in Canada and we're not nearly as afraid of each other. For now.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

JLives wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:only a matter of time, obviously. You own guns = you will be going on a shooting rampage. There is no middle ground.

There is for those who care to have an actual conversation and not resort to whataboutisms.

It seems to me that it's all about culture. Americans view these weapons as some sort of god given right and they also believe guns are to be used as a form of protection against other people. There is a culture of fear at work. We see tons of evidence of that now. And we see it creeping into Canada too.

I was raised with guns, I have guns now and I have my own PAL. But I have always been brought up to think of them as a tool for acquiring food. The majority of my friends and family who own them feel that way as well. I don't own a single thing worth taking a life over and I have insurance. I also have children so my weapons are properly stored, I could never access them quick to use for self defense even if I wanted to. We just don't have the same mentality about weapons in Canada and we're not nearly as afraid of each other. For now.

It is very alarming seeing the liberal attitudes that prevail in Canada. Gonna be tough if we ever need to fight anyone. Country is full of pacifists
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

averagejoe wrote:
Queen K wrote:Cant' wait for the "thoughts and prayers" busses to roll in.

Your radicalism is coming Queeny!

Radicalism? Me? What criteria are you using to ascertain this? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Jflem1983 wrote:
It is very alarming seeing the liberal attitudes that prevail in Canada. Gonna be tough if we ever need to fight anyone. Country is full of pacifists

Have you thought about joining the armed forces? You realize Canada does have a military don't you? The average citizen doesn't need to be trained in hand to hand combat and marksmanship. Meanwhile the average citizen lives in a safe country where they can devote their talents towards other pursuits that benefit the country as a whole, including the armed forces who don't need to sew their own clothes, grow their own vegetables, or build their own computers.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Omnitheo wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:

Have you thought about joining the armed forces? You realize Canada does have a military don't you? The average citizen doesn't need to be trained in hand to hand combat and marksmanship. Meanwhile the average citizen lives in a safe country where they can devote their talents towards other pursuits that benefit the country as a whole, including the armed forces who don't need to sew their own clothes, grow their own vegetables, or build their own computers.

Ya why bother being a man at all.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jflem1983 wrote: Ya why bother being a man at all.

Devoting your knowledge, skills and talents towards other pursuits that benefit the community and country
as a whole isn't "manly" enough for you? Need to get into fights, shoot a gun to be a manly guy in your view?
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Glacier wrote:
floppi wrote:
Trump was never going to get the wall, he was just dangling a worm for all his gullible followers. Easy solution, ban handguns, automatic and semi automatic weapons. There is absolutely no need for the public to have these weapons.

Well I have several of the above. You're saying guns should be banned in the USA that are easy to get in Canada. Weird.

There’s a whole ocean between Europe and South America yet they still get Columbia’s cocaine, weird huh? I bet a wall would stop it.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 12th, 2018, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong forum.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 12th, 2018, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “World”