Another shooting rocks the world

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Postby Glacier » Nov 8th, 2018, 10:07 am

Verum wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:The shooter was a former marine named David Long, and media outlets and Paul Joseph Watson initially reported it as a middle eastern man which was false. When will the yanks learn?

When will they start apologising for such insults to the groups they like to demonise?

They already have. BTW, here is the source for the original tweet (started by Islamophobic bigots at ABC):

abc.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10448 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 8th, 2018, 10:08 am

ABC - what a bunch of bigots...
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18057 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 8th, 2018, 10:09 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:ABC - what a bunch of bigots...

Yup, only trust far left blogs.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias

2 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby floppi » Nov 8th, 2018, 10:11 am

gman313 wrote:There has been over 300 mass shootings this year in the US and what, we are about 320 days into the year or so? almost one a day that's nuts

It's not hard to figure out the problem. more guns = more deaths

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/worl ... ional.html

Unfortunately, it doesn't just stop at their border. It's not just Mexico it's affecting either. It's also Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador and other countries where the Latin migrants are fleeing the violence brought on by excess guns from the US smuggled in to those countries.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opini ... 53902.html
floppi
Übergod

Liked in: 429 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 8th, 2018, 10:34 am

floppi wrote:It's not hard to figure out the problem. more guns = more deaths

Unfortunately, it doesn't just stop at their border. It's not just Mexico it's affecting either. It's also Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador and other countries where the Latin migrants are fleeing the violence brought on by excess guns from the US smuggled in to those countries.

Cool, so you're saying that Trump should build a wall, and Mexico will be willing to pay for it to keep the guns out!
~Ravi Zacharias

3 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby floppi » Nov 8th, 2018, 11:39 am

Glacier wrote:
floppi wrote:It's not hard to figure out the problem. more guns = more deaths

Cool, so you're saying that Trump should build a wall, and Mexico will be willing to pay for it to keep the guns out!

Trump was never going to get the wall, he was just dangling a worm for all his gullible followers. Easy solution, ban handguns, automatic and semi automatic weapons. There is absolutely no need for the public to have these weapons.
floppi
Übergod

Postby Glacier » Nov 8th, 2018, 11:52 am

floppi wrote:
Trump was never going to get the wall, he was just dangling a worm for all his gullible followers. Easy solution, ban handguns, automatic and semi automatic weapons. There is absolutely no need for the public to have these weapons.

Well I have several of the above. You're saying guns should be banned in the USA that are easy to get in Canada. Weird.
~Ravi Zacharias
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby floppi » Nov 8th, 2018, 11:54 am

Here's what I'm saying.

America’s easy access to guns is enabling all these mass shootings

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... n-violence

...and if the guns weren't so available in the good ole US of A. We wouldn't be getting as many, now will we?

Here's another for you.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ics-charts
floppi
Übergod

Postby Glacier » Nov 8th, 2018, 12:26 pm

So why aren't I going on a shooting rampage? I own 4 semi-autos. Might go buy some pistols at Christmas.
~Ravi Zacharias

8 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 8th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Glacier wrote:So why aren't I going on a shooting rampage? I own 4 semi-autos.

only a matter of time, obviously. You own guns = you will be going on a shooting rampage. There is no middle ground.
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18057 posts

Postby the truth » Nov 8th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Glacier wrote:So why aren't I going on a shooting rampage? I own 4 semi-autos. Might go buy some pistols at Christmas.

exactly, i own a few myself, and i have seen all the horror movies of the 70's and 80's why have i not also gone on a shooting rampage,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6429 posts

Postby JLives » Nov 8th, 2018, 1:03 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:only a matter of time, obviously. You own guns = you will be going on a shooting rampage. There is no middle ground.

There is for those who care to have an actual conversation and not resort to whataboutisms.

It seems to me that it's all about culture. Americans view these weapons as some sort of god given right and they also believe guns are to be used as a form of protection against other people. There is a culture of fear at work. We see tons of evidence of that now. And we see it creeping into Canada too.

I was raised with guns, I have guns now and I have my own PAL. But I have always been brought up to think of them as a tool for acquiring food. The majority of my friends and family who own them feel that way as well. I don't own a single thing worth taking a life over and I have insurance. I also have children so my weapons are properly stored, I could never access them quick to use for self defense even if I wanted to. We just don't have the same mentality about weapons in Canada and we're not nearly as afraid of each other. For now.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5908 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 8th, 2018, 1:05 pm

JLives wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:only a matter of time, obviously. You own guns = you will be going on a shooting rampage. There is no middle ground.

There is for those who care to have an actual conversation and not resort to whataboutisms.

It seems to me that it's all about culture. Americans view these weapons as some sort of god given right and they also believe guns are to be used as a form of protection against other people. There is a culture of fear at work. We see tons of evidence of that now. And we see it creeping into Canada too.

I was raised with guns, I have guns now and I have my own PAL. But I have always been brought up to think of them as a tool for acquiring food. The majority of my friends and family who own them feel that way as well. I don't own a single thing worth taking a life over and I have insurance. I also have children so my weapons are properly stored, I could never access them quick to use for self defense even if I wanted to. We just don't have the same mentality about weapons in Canada and we're not nearly as afraid of each other. For now.

It is very alarming seeing the liberal attitudes that prevail in Canada. Gonna be tough if we ever need to fight anyone. Country is full of pacifists
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3266 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 8th, 2018, 1:31 pm

averagejoe wrote:
Queen K wrote:Cant' wait for the "thoughts and prayers" busses to roll in.

Your radicalism is coming Queeny!

Radicalism? Me? What criteria are you using to ascertain this? :135:
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13765 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Nov 8th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:
It is very alarming seeing the liberal attitudes that prevail in Canada. Gonna be tough if we ever need to fight anyone. Country is full of pacifists

Have you thought about joining the armed forces? You realize Canada does have a military don't you? The average citizen doesn't need to be trained in hand to hand combat and marksmanship. Meanwhile the average citizen lives in a safe country where they can devote their talents towards other pursuits that benefit the country as a whole, including the armed forces who don't need to sew their own clothes, grow their own vegetables, or build their own computers.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4072 posts

PreviousNext

Return to World