Another shooting rocks the world

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Postby Queen K » Nov 28th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Jmfva wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46350307

The good guy had a gun ... but the Ammosexuals always argue he would just shoot the bad guy and everything would be ok...

seems like it just causes chaos (of course). Maybe the "rule" just doesn't apply to people of colour?

Also, records proving he had a legal authority to carry the gun would be available, I do not like the "according to his family" comment. The journalist needs to dig deeper right?

And the shopping mall prohibits guns right? So why do open and even concealed carry permit holders think this does not apply to them?

He was likely trying to be the good guy who stops the bad guy, I get that. At what cost though?
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong. Cash: Your last form of privacy. Use it or lose it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14673 posts

Postby GenesisGT » Nov 28th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Queen K wrote:
And the shopping mall prohibits guns right? So why do open and even concealed carry permit holders think this does not apply to them?

I would guess they posted a sign strictly for insurance and liability, so they could one day say in court "We have a policy and a sign that prohibits guns in the mall, thus we are not liable."

But put this scenario in a school where they want teachers to carry firearms and go looking up and down the hallways for the shooter. More people could be shoot by "good samaritans" and police then by the shooter.
Just because it is a Bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a Good time.

2 people like this post.
GenesisGT
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2541 posts

Postby Jmfva » Nov 29th, 2018, 11:35 am

2 people like this post.
Jmfva
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 872 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 30th, 2018, 9:07 am

No one is dying from an assault rifle in the USA. They were banned 30 years ago.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

the truth likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 11966 posts

Postby Jmfva » Nov 30th, 2018, 11:34 am

Glacier wrote:No one is dying from an assault rifle in the USA. They were banned 30 years ago.

whatever you want to call it, they are still dying. choose any name of the tool you would like. :up:
Jmfva
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Glacier » Nov 30th, 2018, 11:35 am

Jmfva wrote:
Glacier wrote:No one is dying from an assault rifle in the USA. They were banned 30 years ago.

whatever you want to call it, they are still dying. choose any name of the tool you would like. :up:

A gun. I own 5 of them. Never shot anyone with any of them and never will.
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 11966 posts

Postby Jmfva » Nov 30th, 2018, 11:45 am

Glacier wrote:A gun. I own 5 of them. Never shot anyone with any of them and never will.

great job, I never said all gun owners would... you probably did the CORE course and have your PAL, as did I. If they are handguns you have your restricted firearms permit, which has decent background checks and strong controls around using said fire arms at ranges. we have good controls in Canada. The US would benefit from some small changes. No need to jump to "don't take my gunnnnsss away!!".
Jmfva
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Queen K » Jan 26th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Five dead in a bank.

Five dead in a domestic situation, looks like the son shot five family members.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#247748

Barely a sound.
Last edited by Queen K on Jan 26th, 2019, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong. Cash: Your last form of privacy. Use it or lose it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby JLives » Jan 26th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Glacier wrote:A gun. I own 5 of them. Never shot anyone with any of them and never will.

What's your point? I own guns too. Still want strict regulations on the people operating and possessing them though.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6249 posts

Postby Jmfva » Jan 28th, 2019, 6:50 pm

seewood likes this post.
Jmfva
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby floppi » Jan 28th, 2019, 7:10 pm

This is barely news, no one is talking or writing about it.....know why? Cause they're all white. No one wants to know and faster it gets buried in other news the better however if they were brown or black, there would have been threads and pages dedicated to them.

2 people like this post.
floppi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 941 posts

Postby Snman » Jan 28th, 2019, 7:18 pm

floppi wrote:This is barely news, no one is talking or writing about it.....know why? Cause they're all white. No one wants to know and faster it gets buried in other news the better however if they were brown or black, there would have been threads and pages dedicated to them.

WRONG!!! It's not news because there is at least one mass shooting (4 or more shot) in America every day. Every day. It has nothing to do with colour whatsoever. Nothing.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 982 posts

Postby floppi » Jan 28th, 2019, 7:32 pm

Snman wrote:
floppi wrote:This is barely news, no one is talking or writing about it.....know why? Cause they're all white. No one wants to know and faster it gets buried in other news the better however if they were brown or black, there would have been threads and pages dedicated to them.

WRONG!!! It's not news because there is at least one mass shooting (4 or more shot) in America every day. Every day. It has nothing to do with colour whatsoever. Nothing.

Most of us know that's not true. If this was a Muslim shooting someone even 1 much less 4 or more peeps. It would be BIG NEWS and the story would be plastered in the news for weeks......have you not notice that?

ETA: Here's some supporting links

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rage-study

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 20726.html

....and this one here, writes that you should fear being killed by white national supremists more than a Muslim terrorist in the US.

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/lifesty ... 710c6.html

2 people like this post.
floppi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 941 posts

Postby Snman » Jan 28th, 2019, 9:51 pm

floppi wrote:
Most of us know that's not true. If this was a Muslim shooting someone even 1 much less 4 or more peeps. It would be BIG NEWS and the story would be plastered in the news for weeks......have you not notice that?

ETA: Here's some supporting links

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rage-study

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 20726.html

....and this one here, writes that you should fear being killed by white national supremists more than a Muslim terrorist in the US.

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/lifesty ... 710c6.html

We'll have to agree to disagree this time floppy, although your links do support your argument. Perhaps I meant that for me it's not news due to the ongoing gun violence in America. I guess I can't speak for most of 'us', like you can.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 982 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 28th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Five police officers shot in one day by one gunman in Houston, TX

Seriously, I have never seen so many officers shot or shot dead as in 2018 and now in 2019.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

PreviousNext

Return to World