Another shooting rocks the world

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Postby Queen K » Nov 28th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Jmfva wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46350307

The good guy had a gun ... but the Ammosexuals always argue he would just shoot the bad guy and everything would be ok...

seems like it just causes chaos (of course). Maybe the "rule" just doesn't apply to people of colour?

Also, records proving he had a legal authority to carry the gun would be available, I do not like the "according to his family" comment. The journalist needs to dig deeper right?

And the shopping mall prohibits guns right? So why do open and even concealed carry permit holders think this does not apply to them?

He was likely trying to be the good guy who stops the bad guy, I get that. At what cost though?
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13765 posts

Postby GenesisGT » Nov 28th, 2018, 2:32 pm

Queen K wrote:
And the shopping mall prohibits guns right? So why do open and even concealed carry permit holders think this does not apply to them?

I would guess they posted a sign strictly for insurance and liability, so they could one day say in court "We have a policy and a sign that prohibits guns in the mall, thus we are not liable."

But put this scenario in a school where they want teachers to carry firearms and go looking up and down the hallways for the shooter. More people could be shoot by "good samaritans" and police then by the shooter.
Just because it is a Bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a Good time.

2 people like this post.
GenesisGT
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2444 posts

Postby Jmfva » Nov 29th, 2018, 10:35 am

Jmfva
Board Meister

Liked in: 556 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 30th, 2018, 8:07 am

No one is dying from an assault rifle in the USA. They were banned 30 years ago.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias

the truth likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10448 posts

Postby Jmfva » Nov 30th, 2018, 10:34 am

Glacier wrote:No one is dying from an assault rifle in the USA. They were banned 30 years ago.

whatever you want to call it, they are still dying. choose any name of the tool you would like. :up:
Jmfva
Board Meister

Postby Glacier » Nov 30th, 2018, 10:35 am

Jmfva wrote:
Glacier wrote:No one is dying from an assault rifle in the USA. They were banned 30 years ago.

whatever you want to call it, they are still dying. choose any name of the tool you would like. :up:

A gun. I own 5 of them. Never shot anyone with any of them and never will.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10448 posts

Postby Jmfva » Nov 30th, 2018, 10:45 am

Glacier wrote:A gun. I own 5 of them. Never shot anyone with any of them and never will.

great job, I never said all gun owners would... you probably did the CORE course and have your PAL, as did I. If they are handguns you have your restricted firearms permit, which has decent background checks and strong controls around using said fire arms at ranges. we have good controls in Canada. The US would benefit from some small changes. No need to jump to "don't take my gunnnnsss away!!".
Jmfva
Board Meister

Previous

Return to World