Another shooting rocks the world

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Even Steven wrote: Those are demographics of the city, questioning them is silly lol
I guess I just don't know why that even matters to anyone. Who concerns themselves with such useless information? Aren't we all just people? What difference does it make what their skin color is. Anyways...separate topic - would a gun ban have stopped this senseless tragedy (and no matter what the skin color of those killed, it would be a senseless tragedy)....
“We tried to protect our city,” she told The Washington Post. “It’s so tragic to see the legislation struck down, and days later, to have our city experience exactly what we were trying to prevent.”

Rachel Friend, a city council member, made a similar observation on Twitter, adding she was “heartsick and angry and mostly so, so sad.”

But the Colorado State Shooting Association, one of the plaintiffs that sued Boulder over the assault weapons ban, rejected that sentiment, arguing in a statement that “emotional sensationalism” about gun laws would cloud remembrance of the victims.

“There will be a time for the debate on gun laws. There will be a time for the discussion on motives. There will be a time for a conversation on how this could have been prevented,” the group said in a statement. “But today is not the time.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... apons-ban/
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Who concerns themselves with such useless information?
The people who question why are all victims were white.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

He's right in the sense that Arabs are often white in complexion. Not sure they fit the white supremacist bill though.
ExLq9pRVIAAyCHq.jpg
Last edited by Glacier on Mar 23rd, 2021, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:He's right in the sense that Arabs are often white in completion. Not sure they fit the white supremacist bill though.
Shouldn't we be concerned about the fact that 10 people are dead? Not about the shade of skin color of the guy who did it? This is just nuts.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Even Steven wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Who concerns themselves with such useless information?
The people who question why are all victims were white.
Since it appears the victims are white and the shooter is Muslim, will Biden, CNN and the rest of the left-leaning media jump all over this shooting as a hate crime?
They were quick to jump on the massage parlor shootings as a hate crime, even though the shooter quickly admitted he was not targeting asian women.

Anyone care to put odds on how Biden responds?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bb49 wrote:
There is no political motive here to jump on this as there is no racial group that could be singled out for the victimhood politically correct story that Dems love. Biden won't be jumping on any planes for this one, as there is nothing here for the Dems to milk, and no racial category to cater to.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
bb49 wrote:
There is no political motive here to jump on this as there is no racial group that could be singled out for the victimhood politically correct story that Dems love. Biden won't be jumping on any planes for this one, as there is nothing here for the Dems to milk, and no racial category to cater to.
Watch our puppet jump on board as if he is the hero. It is not the gun it's the holder of it.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Mar 23rd, 2021, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Shooter was/is a lunatic.
Too bad that Colorado does not have the death penalty.
Regardless of the man's name, Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, he is an American and is now a monster that needs elimination.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Just watched Global news, Ya ya, I know, why, but the first 5 minutes was talking about racism, not one direct story or reasoning of starting the news with it, but then leads into this incident in Colorado.
Holy crap, can the media, we as people hear about some actual news based on the single incident with out catching a ride off it to promote Racism.
Now finding out that most of the killed were white. This is getting so sick and tiresome. 10 people killed and this national global news spends 5 minutes taking from the respect, honor this incident deserves, but nope, not a chance.
Society isn't getting better, we are getting worse.
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Photographs of the 10 people killed by suspect Ahmad al-Issa in #Boulder, Colo. I was told a few days ago that the race of victims in shootings matter even if there is no evidence of race playing a role in the attack.
Attachments
ExNL4tCVkAMnvB9.jpg
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

monilynno wrote:Photographs of the 10 people killed by suspect Ahmad al-Issa in #Boulder, Colo. I was told a few days ago that the race of victims in shootings matter even if there is no evidence of race playing a role in the attack.
Boulder is 79.8% Caucasian. It kinda stands to reason if you shoot up a store, the majority of people in it will be Caucasian.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

monilynno wrote:Photographs of the 10 people killed by suspect Ahmad al-Issa in #Boulder, Colo. I was told a few days ago that the race of victims in shootings matter even if there is no evidence of race playing a role in the attack.
JLives wrote: Boulder is 79.8% Caucasian. It kinda stands to reason if you shoot up a store, the majority of people in it will be Caucasian.
As a progressive womyn. I guess you never noticed that 6 of the 10 victims are womyn? Where's the out rage? Oh they're white....who cares!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Yes 79% white, so lets ignore he was a radical islamist Trump hating ISIS supporter.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

averagejoe wrote:
As a progressive womyn. I guess you never noticed that 6 of the 10 victims are womyn? Where's the out rage? Oh they're white....who cares!
Please stop saying womyn, it's weird. And this happened at a grocery, so again, it stands to reason there would be more women present. Look, just some shootings are racially motivated doesn't mean they all are. Every situation is individual.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “World”