Suing McDonald's

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Suing McDonald's

Post by Urbane »

kompili wrote:
    Urbane wrote:
      jennylives wrote:Brainwashing is not part of living in a free country.
    There was a time when brainwashing meant brainwashing. In fairness to you, you're certainly not the only one who equates advertising to brainwashing but I certainly don't see it that way. We all hear jingles and see logos for all sorts of products that we never buy and advertising provides all sorts of teachable moments for parents. So it's hardly brainwashing we're talking about here.

That is what you don't seem to understand Urbane that it is not all about you. How can you say WE ALL hear jingles and see logos that we never buy. Someone is buying all this stuff or it would no be selling. I went to the grocery store, right up front was round shaped containers in front with 300 ML coke inside for 99 cents. Down the isle there was a two liter of coke for 97 cents. I watched, most people bought the small coke. Probably because coke had an advertisement on T.V. with the small coke. I would say people are being brainwashed all the time, and making bad choices.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're saying that you don't succumb to this "brainwashing" but you want the government to step in because many people are being brainwashed and are therefore too weak to make decisions for themselves. It can't be that some people are actually choosing to go to McDonald's but rather they are being forced to do it against their will. If only the government could step in all would be well. Good summary?
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Urbane wrote:
    kompili wrote:
    Urbane wrote:
    There was a time when brainwashing meant brainwashing. In fairness to you, you're certainly not the only one who equates advertising to brainwashing but I certainly don't see it that way. We all hear jingles and see logos for all sorts of products that we never buy and advertising provides all sorts of teachable moments for parents. So it's hardly brainwashing we're talking about here.

That is what you don't seem to understand Urbane that it is not all about you. How can you say WE ALL hear jingles and see logos that we never buy. Someone is buying all this stuff or it would no be selling. I went to the grocery store, right up front was round shaped containers in front with 300 ML coke inside for 99 cents. Down the isle there was a two liter of coke for 97 cents. I watched, most people bought the small coke. Probably because coke had an advertisement on T.V. with the small coke. I would say people are being brainwashed all the time, and making bad choices.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're saying that you don't succumb to this "brainwashing" but you want the government to step in because many people are being brainwashed and are therefore too weak to make decisions for themselves. It can't be that some people are actually choosing to go to McDonald's but rather they are being forced to do it against their will. If only the government could step in all would be well. Good summary?

I do not succumb to brainwashing that is true. Yes people are too weak to make their own decisions. Some do go to McDonald's because they want too, but the question is, were they brainwashed as children. I think children are being brainwashed to want to go to McDonald's, and yes the government should step in, and make all advertisement toward children illegal. I would love to see this.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

It is not about strength of mind. Gawd. That is not the point. You may think that you ignore advertising but you don't. You can't.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

juliebeth wrote:You may think that you ignore advertising but you don't. You can't.

Well, what kind of brainwashing it is that is being performed and most people don't act upon it? After all, only minority of population goes to Macdonald's yet everybody is exposed to their ads. I guess people do have a way of ignoring their ads.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Captain Awesome wrote:
juliebeth wrote:You may think that you ignore advertising but you don't. You can't.

Well, what kind of brainwashing it is that is being performed and most people don't act upon it? After all, only minority of population goes to Macdonald's yet everybody is exposed to their ads. I guess people do have a way of ignoring their ads.

All children would go to McDonald's, but some of them have parents that have not been brainwashed so they know how to say NO. 99% of their advertisement is geared toward children. I took my one son there when I was younger, but after a few times, I noticed, he never ate the food, he only wanted the toy and play on the toys.I was happy he never ate the food after the studying I did on their food. I stopped going, never set my foot back in that place for 35 years.

I guess the ones that can ignore their brainwashing are mostly the ones that have gone their, and found out it is garbage they are selling. Like myself, a lot of people have gotten rid of watching T.V. because everything on it is some type of brainwash.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

steven lloyd wrote:
dogspoiler wrote:
Bejvas wrote: all brainwasher exists because of money and control obsession, it's an intrinsic part of the Cro-Magnon stage of evolution we're in right now, good thing the universe is much bigger than us here
kompili wrote: Very well said Bejvas.

Now there is a profound gibberish.

:coffeecanuck: like two peas in a pod.

and why would you have the need to edit and manipulate the order of postings to say something like that?
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Bejvas wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:
dogspoiler wrote:
Bejvas wrote: all brainwasher exists because of money and control obsession, it's an intrinsic part of the Cro-Magnon stage of evolution we're in right now, good thing the universe is much bigger than us here
kompili wrote: Very well said Bejvas.

Now there is a profound gibberish.

:coffeecanuck: like two peas in a pod.

and why would you have the need to edit and manipulate the order of postings to say something like that?

Because they have nothing better to say.
Last edited by kompili on Dec 27th, 2010, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

kompili wrote:
Urbane wrote:

I saw those bottles too at Superstore, that proofs that marketing and packaging is what sells, not what's inside, wouldn't that be brainwash? I thought the bottles were cute, but I wouldn't buy coke no matter what.
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Kind like a girl that is a 5, dressed up like a 9.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Bejvas wrote: and why would you have the need to edit and manipulate the order of postings to say something like that?

:129: To create logical sequence (something a couple of posters here have a hard time wrapping their heads around).
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tting.html

The 30,000-calorie Christmas feast eaten by the world's fattest mum in ONE two-hour sitting

A New Jersey woman who hopes to become the fattest woman in the world got 30,000 calories closer to her 1,000lb goal with a festive feast that could have fed dozens of revellers.

46-stone Donna Simpson, sitting in a reinforced metal chair, chowed down on the world's biggest Christmas dinner as she ate for two straight hours on Saturday.

The single mother-of-two tucked into two 25lb turkeys, two maple-glazed hams, 15lbs of potatoes (10lbs roast, 5lbs mashed), five loaves of bread, five pounds of herb stuffing, four pints of gravy, four pints of cranberry dressing and an astonishing 20lbs of vegetables.

I wonder who brainwashed this woman to eat all this food. Let's sue McDonald's for it, I smell brainwashing from here!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

:200: I should sue you for posting that picture. I'm feeling psychologically scarred.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

She was conditioned as a young child with the help of adds by places like McDonald's to be what she is today. See the McDonald fries on the table.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

kompili wrote:She was conditioned as a young child with the help of adds by places like McDonald's to be what she is today.

Did McDonald's brainwashed her into setting a goal to become the world's fattest woman (1,000lbs)?
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Maybe she just gave up, and decided she would accomplish something out of her sickness for foods like McDonald's that started by McDonald's as a young child. She can not give it up, so, use it to her advantage. Brain Washing runs deep.

Return to “World”