Taxes going up by 66%!

Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Re: Taxes going up by 66%!

Post by Bejvas »

I think this thread belongs into the conspiracies forum, or might I be seeing a conspiracy become reality? :coffeecanuck:
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Another story....by a single vote it passed!

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (CBS) – By a single vote, Illinois lawmakers approved a 66 percent increase to the personal income tax overnight, and soon, your paycheck will be shrinking.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/01/12/ ... -tax-hike/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

grammafreddy wrote:They have been a problem as well, but not nearly what this 2 years with Obama has been. Obama has incurred such massive future debt that even today's wage earners' grandchildren will not be able to pay it off. No country can exist like that. Anybody who thinks it can is a total fool. The Democrats and the people who support them really need to have a good look at what is happening down there. Obama has two more years to go - how much MORE debt is too much for his supporters to stomach? He has already well and truly exceeded what the country can afford.

I'd like to see numbers , I know roughly what the Bushes caused . What has the Big O spent in the last 2 years ?
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

It is a very FUNNY SITUATION! LOL :dyinglaughing:
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

xjeepguy wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:They have been a problem as well, but not nearly what this 2 years with Obama has been. Obama has incurred such massive future debt that even today's wage earners' grandchildren will not be able to pay it off. No country can exist like that. Anybody who thinks it can is a total fool. The Democrats and the people who support them really need to have a good look at what is happening down there. Obama has two more years to go - how much MORE debt is too much for his supporters to stomach? He has already well and truly exceeded what the country can afford.

I'd like to see numbers , I know roughly what the Bushes caused . What has the Big O spent in the last 2 years ?

I seen a chart in the last couple of days about U.S. spending since Obama took office and it was way out of control. A very steep climb. I'll try and retrieve it. I should have saved it. I knew this would come up.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Here is a decent read comparing the two :

http://www.cafetax.com/2010/09/20/bush- ... the-truth/
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

xjeepguy wrote:

I found this U.S. debt chart!

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/wp-c ... _20101.gif

RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

averagejoe wrote:
xjeepguy wrote:

I found this U.S. debt chart!

It would appear that from Carter administration it started to really take-off, leveled off a bit in Clinton years. But both Bush & Obama Wow.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

RR24K wrote:

It would appear that from Carter administration it started to really take-off, leveled off a bit in Clinton years. But both Bush & Obama Wow.

To me it looks like as soon as Bush sat his a ss down in the White House it headed for the stars .

The last 2 years aren't pretty either . How much of the Obama stimulus money went into repairing or replacing Fed infrastructure projects ? I couldn't find a figure of money spent to date on those programs .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You mean this one, xjeepguy? .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Glacier wrote:You mean this one, xjeepguy? .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc

Thats cute . That is a 8 year prediction though . They will be owned by China before they hit Kalifornia :dyinglaughing:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

xjeepguy wrote:They will be owned by China before they hit Kalifornia :dyinglaughing:

We all are now - some just more than others.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:It's not that bad (yet), but part of the problem is that raising taxes by 5% as required means garners headlines that imply that the tax rate is going up by 66%, and thereby shaming politicians into changing their minds, making the problem that much worse in the future. The states are swimming in debt because money is spent without the taxes earmarked to pay for it.

What kills me is that the whole "trickled down" theory of the rich spending enough of their money saved on tax cuts to the rich to save the economy was such a lie and a joke. Words fail to describe how that theory failed the social network in terms of funding school, road maintenance and the like. And the rich? Did they necessarily spend their money in the States? Not necessarily.

And look at the power of the media, wow, to protray such a simple thing as much much worse than it is. I haven't time to go on, but will be back.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Queen K wrote:

What kills me is that the whole "trickled down" theory of the rich spending enough of their money saved on tax cuts to the rich to save the economy was such a lie and a joke. Words fail to describe how that theory failed the social network in terms of funding school, road maintenance and the like. And the rich? Did they necessarily spend their money in the States? Not necessarily.

And look at the power of the media, wow, to protray such a simple thing as much much worse than it is. I haven't time to go on, but will be back.

Couldn't agree more .

Return to “World”