Fox News, this scares me a little

dori83

Re: Fox News, this scares me a little

Post by dori83 »

someone posted that the u. s. military has the right to restrict web sites etc. because the system they use belongs to them. i have news for you. the military operates only by the authority of the PEOPLE who are represented in turn, by congress and the president. u.s. military does not make policy.....they get thier orders (from the comander in chief and you know who this is). thier constitution requires this. this type of action is not the will of the people or congress, not if they wish to be elected or have thier own freedoms repressed. this leaves the pres. and the persons he assigns to sit at his right hand. i wish we had the equivalent of FOX NEWS. i note that the media here in canada is very biased against conservatives. it is v ery difficult to find news that gives all points of view both positive and negative. why ARE WE CANADIANS not concerned about our own freedom of speech. perhaps there is no problem, i hope so, and why are we not upset by minority government? the majority voted conservative who are forced to implement the liberal or ndp policies and then throw a hirssy fit, call an election if they dont get thier way. well i am going to vote and hope all of you do too.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

dori83 wrote:someone posted that the u. s. military has the right to restrict web sites etc. because the system they use belongs to them.

Except that turns out to not have been exactly true. The US Military may have restricted access for military personnel on Pacific fleet ships, but it did not restrict access to any websites to anyone else.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Nebula wrote:
dori83 wrote:someone posted that the u. s. military has the right to restrict web sites etc. because the system they use belongs to them.

Except that turns out to not have been exactly true. The US Military may have restricted access for military personnel on Pacific fleet ships, but it did not restrict access to any websites to anyone else.

And your source is?????? Why only the Pacific Fleet? Does that include the Western Pacific 7th Fleet and the Eastern Pacific 3rd Fleet or just 1 of those fleets?

http://navysite.de/navy/fleet.htm
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “World”