Eight year old used in suicide bomb

FreeRights
Guru

Re: Eight year old used in suicide bomb

Post by FreeRights »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
WhatThe wrote:
Glacier wrote:
WhatThe wrote:I for one don't believe we are at risk of violent extremism because we're the good guys, do you?

Everyone is at risk of violent extremism - good or bad. At least, that's what I learned in History class.

as someone else pointed out to me that extremism can take many forms, anti abortionists that kill doctors for example, however in topics such as this I thought we were basically talking about Alqeuda (sp?) Hezbollah Taliban etc etc. The ones we are currently at "war" with.

What I find most intersting and disturbing is that seemingly many feel we (the west) are the good guys without so much thought that in order to fight and win we have to be just as violent and dastardly. It's virtually impossible to fight wars with one arm tied behind the back. This creates the perpetual cycle of violence.

I see your point. I really dont care who the good guys or the bad guys are....all I can say is I have no problem with someone patting down a 4 year old at an airport for safety reasons. If I was going on that plane I would rest a little easier if this WAS DONE. Some people say this is a breach of our civil rights and freedoms...IMO the FACT THAT WE HAVE TO DO THIS is a breach of these same freedoms....and the people with the bombs are the ones taking those rights away not the person patting down the kid.
TM

Well said.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

WhatThe wrote:It's just downright strange how neutral or non economically aggressive countries never seem to have the problem with this type of extremism.
Very strange indeed.

like who?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

WhatThe wrote:It's just downright strange how neutral or non economically aggressive countries never seem to have the problem with this type of extremism.
Very strange indeed.

Actually yes, like someone else requested, I too would be interested to know which examples you have.

The only ones I could think of are Sweden and Norway, but they are both very isolationist, and Canada or the US couldn't operate like that.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “World”