Oh my, Bill Cosby....

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Oh my, Bill Cosby....

Post by jimmy4321 »

Why can't Glenn Beck start drinking again?
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

opinion2015 wrote:http://www.legaleasesolutions.com/lawstoreblog/statute-limitations-bill-cosby/

The link I have posted is from a legal forum, and a lawyer comments on 'statute of limitations' with regard to the allegations of sexual assault by the women who have come forward.

My review of the article would suggest that the only 'victim' that might be able to sustain a criminal and civil litigation against Cosby would be the 15 year old, who was a minor at the time of her alleged assault.

The only other angle would be well known ambulance chaser, Gloria Aldred's challenge to Cosby to waive the limitation period and allow her client's to sue him for damages, so he can 'prove' he is innocent. There is a big fat zero chance that will ever happen- so do not expect to see Cosby hauled into court any time soon.

Having said that- he has been convicted in the media, and I think in most people's minds (mine included) that he is at least guilty of some of the attacks against the 15-20 women who have come out in public to tell their stories.

Also- his best buddy is Hugh Hefner. I assume Cosby has spent many a night in the Playboy Mansion- and I'll bet he was doing his comedy routine............

There's no statute of limitations for filing a civil suit. Most of the women accusing him are not seeking money.
I think that he is pretty much done!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Looks like this *bleep* is finally in for a whole mess of legal issues.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6d90b1f4 ... -women-sex
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

He may go down as one of the most prolific serial rapists of all time. His role as the beloved OBGYN in the Cosby show is one of the most grotesque examples of reality being stranger than fiction that I can recall.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was also pondering the significance of one confession needing to lead to others. I mean, can ALL those women be fakes, wrong, insane, drunk, publicity seekers, or nuts? Nope, if one is, then the other two dozen, or more, are perfectly within their rights to point out that they've been victimized in a vile manner by a person who played a beloved "role" but has no resemblance to the man.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/rea ... ar-AAcG2wA

Wow, just wow, read how consistent these women tell it and tell me something is not wrong with Cosby.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Cosby seems like he's on a verge of a full on confession.

Admitting to drugs? Way back when? Did he stop or keep going because, it ah, well, worked out so well for him?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

He was not above seducing a young model by showing interest in her father’s cancer. He promised other women his mentorship and career advice before pushing them for sex acts. And he tried to use financial sleight of hand to keep his wife from finding out about his serial philandering.

Bill Cosby admitted to all of this and more over four days of intense questioning 10 years ago at a Philadelphia hotel, where he defended himself in a deposition for a lawsuit filed by Andrea Constand, the young Canadian basketball manager who accused him of drugging and molesting her.

Even as Cosby denied he is a sexual predator who assaulted many women, he presented himself in the deposition as an unapologetic, cavalier playboy, someone who used a combination of fame, apparent concern and powerful sedatives in a calculated pursuit of young women — a profile at odds with the popular image he so long enjoyed, that of father figure and public moralist.

In the deposition, which Cosby, now 78, has for years managed to keep private but was obtained by The New York Times, the entertainer comes across as alternately annoyed, mocking, occasionally charming and sometimes boastful, often blithely describing sexual encounters in graphic detail.

Full article
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/ ... ition.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Queen K wrote:Cosby seems like he's on a verge of a full on confession.

Admitting to drugs? Way back when? Did he stop or keep going because, it ah, well, worked out so well for him?

How does it come across as being on the verge of a full confession?

The information is from documents that are over ten years old, and were sealed until recently.

Had he any say in the matter they'd still be kept secret.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

How does it come across as being on the verge of a full confession?

The information is from documents that are over ten years old, and were sealed until recently.

Had he any say in the matter they'd still be kept secret.
not full confession, but full rapeist
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Wow that is insane! Hopefully at least one of these assaults stick and puts him away for what's left of his life.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

CBC:
Judge wants Bill Cosby sex assault trial to begin by June 5

Prosecutors want more than a dozen women to testify against Cosby they say are willing to come forward

"A Pennsylvania judge says he wants Bill Cosby's felony sexual assault case to go to trial no later than June 5.

Prosecutors say 13 women accusing Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting them are willing to testify at the Pennsylvania trial.

They include aspiring actresses, a flight attendant, a waitress and a masseuse who say Cosby used his celebrity to win their trust before drugging and assaulting them.

Prosecutors asked a judge Tuesday to allow the women to testify as witnesses to a pattern of criminal behaviour they say began in 1964. They're among 50 women who have come forward with allegations against the 79-year-old entertainer.

The criminal case against the actor involves a single 2004 encounter at his home near Philadelphia with former Temple University employee Andrea Constand. But prosecutors can introduce evidence of other acts, even though no charges were brought in those cases, to show a pattern of behaviour."...

Read the entire article...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/bill-cosby ... -1.3749469
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Cosby case ends in a mistrial...prosecutors say they will retry.

Thoughts?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “World”