Oh my, Bill Cosby....

fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: Oh my, Bill Cosby....

Post by fvkasm2x »

Barney Google wrote:Cosby case ends in a mistrial...prosecutors say they will retry.

Thoughts?

I don't see how they can convict...

It's pretty obvious that he's done it at least a few times, but the burden of proof for individual cases is probably too high in criminal court. The women will win a civil suit and probably have to be content with $$ as justice. Small solace for some perhaps, what some of them wanted all along as well.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Barney Google wrote:Cosby case ends in a mistrial...prosecutors say they will retry.

Thoughts?

Clearly the prosecuting attorney/s did not do they due diligence in this case, if they had their would been far different outcome.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Yes I'm sure the 50+ women he has drugged and raped are in it for the payday. Attitudes like that are exactly why more women don't report.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:no way he goes to jail even if he is guilty of all he is being accused of, -just like oj, because of the threats of riots by the african American community.

like i said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and still stand by this comment
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

JLives wrote:Yes I'm sure the 50+ women he has drugged and raped are in it for the payday. Attitudes like that are exactly why more women don't report.

Sigh. At least do us all a favor before you comment and go learn to read.

Small solace for some perhaps, what some of them wanted all along as well.

I clearly state that that some will not be satisfied, while some only care about money. But yes, go ahead and state that I am suggesting over 50 women were in it only for money. Why bother with facts?

Or do you actually believe that every single one of them would turn down money for a guilty verdict? Not one person in there out for money or the spotlight?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thoughts?

There has been far too much weight given to celebrity and who he played on tv. I suspect more than one person simply can NOT separate out Mr. Huxtable from Mr. Cosby.

Reality and fake have been so interblended today that reasonable discourse about what is "fake" and "real" is becoming impossible if not just difficult.

If fvk is right that one or two are in it for the money, then that leaves 49-48 are in it for the outrageous done to their bodies and minds. Unconsenting and uncontested due to the weight of his celebrity.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

They only needed to nail him on 1.
As far as I'm concerned 1 is too many, with so many potential victims and considering the time span it should be enough to know he was found guilty and sentenced.
Although I feel he's a serial rapist I still wouldn't blindly take the word of the 45+women.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Queen K wrote:If fvk is right that one or two are in it for the money, then that leaves 49-48 are in it for the outrageous done to their bodies and minds. Unconsenting and uncontested due to the weight of his celebrity.

Ya, he's definitely a sexual predator and guilty of tons of sexual assaults IMO. However, the burden of proof is pretty high in a court room. Just like Casey Anthony and other people we all know are guilty... you still need to PROVE it.

As angry as it makes the feminists, there are also probably a couple of them who are only hopping on the train for their own gain because it's an easy mark. Just like Michael Jackson and his kiddy issues back in the day.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If they can find him guilty, although it would never happen they could have his fortune go to women shelters etc.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

JLives wrote:Yes I'm sure the 50+ women he has drugged and raped are in it for the payday. Attitudes like that are exactly why more women don't report.

Fortunately they've seen a positive "Cosby effect" when it comes to the numbers of women reporting rape.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washing ... gate-rape/
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

It's about time this *bleep* was convicted. Best news of the day.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

getbill.jpeg

Justice has been served !!!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

he will soon know what it is liked to be raped - don't drop the soap old man
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

the truth wrote:
the truth wrote:no way he goes to jail even if he is guilty of all he is being accused of, -just like oj, because of the threats of riots by the african American community.

like i said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and still stand by this comment

How about now?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “World”