Anti-Semite

Re: Anti-Semite

Postby averagejoe » Nov 3rd, 2018, 3:26 pm

Interesting James Polite worked on the Anti-hate squad.....weird?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2466 posts

Postby Ka-El » Nov 4th, 2018, 6:30 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 4th, 2018, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5596 posts

Postby Because_They_Lie » Nov 4th, 2018, 3:23 pm

sobrohusfat wrote:
averagejoe wrote:I think there is a good chance that the Philistines are today's Palestinians.....

Philistine, one of a people of Aegean origin who settled on the southern coast of Palestine in the 12th century bc, about the time of the arrival of the Israelites. According to biblical tradition (Deuteronomy 2:23; Jeremiah 47:4), the Philistines came from Caphtor (possibly Crete). They are mentioned in Egyptian records as prst, one of the Sea Peoples that invaded Egypt in about 1190 bc after ravaging Anatolia, Cyprus, and Syria. After being repulsed by the Egyptians, they occupied the coastal plain of Palestine from Joppa (modern Tel Aviv–Yafo) southward to the Gaza Strip. The area contained the five cities (the Pentapolis) of the Philistine confederacy (Gaza, Ashkelon [Ascalon], Ashdod, Gath, and Ekron) and was known as Philistia, or the Land of the Philistines. It was from this designation that the whole of the country was later called Palestine by the Greeks.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... Philistine

So according to Britannica, the Palestinians have been there for as long as the Israelites? 1200 B.C.

So according to Britannica, the Palestinians have been there for as long as the Israelites? 1200 B.C.

"Britannica" makes no such claims - YOU do - in classic AJ style.

Never mind that the current ARABS living there have absolutely no genetic connection to the ancient biblical Mediterranean "Philistines" nor do they claim to have (the honest ones at least).

Egypt - North Africa - Syria - Lebanon - Jordan - Iraq - Arabian Peninsula - These are the places the current "Palestinians" say their families migrated from. (most of them only a few generations back)

I think there is a good chance that the Philistines are today's Palestinians.....

I think there is a good chance you will never quit living in your fantasies

Israelites are not Israelis.
Because_They_Lie
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 277 posts

Postby unclemarty » Nov 19th, 2018, 9:50 am

macc.jpg

maccabe.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tic...toc...tic...toc...

"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
unclemarty
Board Meister

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby unclemarty » Nov 20th, 2018, 6:39 pm

*When Paul Newman died, they said how great he was but they failed to mention he considered himself Jewish (he was born half-Jewish).*

*When Helen Suzman, the woman who helped Nelson Mandela, died recently, they said how great she was, but they failed to mention she was Jewish.*

* On the flip side of the equation, when Ivan Boesky or Andrew Fastow or Bernie Madoff committed fraud, almost every article mentioned they were Jewish.

However, when Ken Lay, Jeff Skilling, Martha Stewart, Randy Cunningham, Gov. Edwards, Conrad Black, Senator Keating, Gov Ryan, and Gov Blagojevich messed up; no one reported what religion or denomination they were, (at least theoretically) because they were not Jewish.

This is a minder of a famous Einstein quote:
In 1921, Albert Einstein presented a paper on his then-infant Theory of Relativity at the Sorbonne, the prestigious French university.

"If I am proved correct," he said, "the Germans will call me a German, the Swiss will call me a Swiss Citizen, and
the French will call me a great scientist ... If relativity is proved wrong, the French will call me a Swiss, the Swiss will call me a German, And the Germans will call me a Jew."

tic...toc...tic...toc...

Jlabute likes this post.
unclemarty
Board Meister

Postby unclemarty » Jan 8th, 2019, 10:01 pm

London mosque cancels Holocaust exhibit following protest

U.K. Muslim website commends Golders Green mosque "for responding to community concerns"

Holocaust Educational Trust calls cancellation of the initiative to highlight the role of Albanian Muslims who saved over 1,000 Jews in World War II - "a great shame."

The editor of the U.K. Muslim news site 5 Pillars, Roshan Salih, had led the calls for a boycott of the Centre for Islamic Understanding in London's Golders Green neighborhood, according to a report in the Jewish News of London, Friday.

Citing the exhibit's ties to the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial and museum in Jerusalem, Salih said, "Commemorations must never be done in conjunction with Israeli oppressors or their supporters."

In a statement announcing the cancellation of the event, the mosque said: "The aim of the program was to show Muslims in a good light by telling the story of Muslim Albanians who saved Jews in World War II."

It said mosque officials "did not know of the international connections some organizations had or of the political affiliations. … Once that was made clear the event was canceled."

Salih welcomed the event's cancellation, saying the mosque "is to be commended for responding to community concerns."

Karen Pollock, who heads the London-based Holocaust Educational Trust, said it was "a great shame" the event had been canceled.

"What would have been a positive initiative to highlight the role of Albanian Muslims who saved up to 1,800 Jews from the Nazis during the Holocaust has been canceled due to a targeted campaign against this mosque and its members," she said.

http://www.israelhayom.com/2019/01/08/l ... g-protest/

shoulda - woulda - coulda.

Centre for Islamic Understanding ... HA ! understood.

BTW...

Following the German occupation in 1943, the Albanian population, in an extraordinary act, refused to comply with the occupier’s orders to turn over lists of Jews residing within the country’s borders. Moreover, the various governmental agencies provided many Jewish families with fake documentation that allowed them to intermingle amongst the rest of the population. The Albanians not only protected their Jewish citizens, but also provided sanctuary to Jewish refugees who had arrived in Albania, when it was still under Italian rule, and now found themselves faced with the danger of deportation to concentration camps.

The remarkable assistance afforded to the Jews was grounded in Besa, a code of honor, which still today serves as the highest ethical code in the country. Besa, means literally “to keep the promise.” One who acts according to Besa is someone who keeps his word, someone to whom one can trust one’s life and the lives of one’s family.

The help afforded to Jews and non-Jews alike should be understood as a matter of national honor. The Albanians went out of their way to provide assistance; moreover, they competed with each other for the privilege of saving Jews. These acts originated from compassion, loving-kindness and a desire to help those in need, even those of another faith or origin.

Albania, the only European country with a Muslim majority, succeeded in the place where other European nations failed. Almost all Jews living within Albanian borders during the German occupation, those of Albanian origin and refugees alike, were saved, except members of a single family. Impressively, there were more Jews in Albania at the end of the war than beforehand.

https://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/exhibit ... /index.asp
tic...toc...tic...toc...

unclemarty
Board Meister

Previous

Return to World