We leak as rivers
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Re: Why ISLAM is a Threat! Wake UP!

Post by Nasturtium »

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/loonwatch-94-percent.aspx
Written by David Wood - Fact Checking - 10 Lies You Were Told About Islam

(2014)

The notorious Loonwatch.com site has been claiming that 94% of all terror attacks have nothing to do with Islam. What they aren't saying is that according to their own source, Muslims are 35 times more likely to commit acts of deadly terror - and that's just in the United States.

Note: A 2013 study by the Brookings Institute found that 77% of terror attack plots in the United States were motivated by Islam. A 2015 study found that 99.5% of all suicide attacks worldwide were also motivated by Islam.

Editor's Note: The well-funded Loonwatch previously analyzed our own list of Islamic terror attacks looking for reasons to discount the extent of the violence and the moral obligation of Muslims to act. Not surprisingly, the terror continues - and will until vocal Muslims like these direct their efforts toward ending Islamic terror rather than trying to make the rest of us think it doesn't exist.

:200:
We leak as rivers
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Show me a list of terror attacks that occurred in the US by Muslims since 9/11.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Nasturtium, David Wood has an agenda. He makes good money doing what he's doing. And while yes, forgiveness is an important part of a just society, he did try to kill his father with a hammer just for the heck of it. I'm not sure people know this when they promote his money-making venture and support his mission by spreading his word, because to my mind that would be rather like choosing to promote Karla Homolka if she started making money by posting on a topic that interested me. Ugh.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Static wrote:Show me a list of terror attacks that occurred in the US by Muslims since 9/11.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/atta ... tacks.aspx

It starts at 1973 so you are just going to have to scroll down to 2001,

I will admit they are calling single murders by Muslims "terrorism" sound doubtful,
For example is beheading your wife in a hallway terrorism? that's for another thread =-p

2009.02.12 USA Buffalo, NY 1 0 The founder of a Muslim TV station beheads his wife in the hallway for seeking a divorce.

It was the first hit on Google :130:
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

Static wrote:Show me a list of terror attacks that occurred in the US by Muslims since 9/11.

This is provided in the link I posted earlier
We leak as rivers
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

rustled wrote:Nasturtium, David Wood has an agenda. He makes good money doing what he's doing. And while yes, forgiveness is an important part of a just society, he did try to kill his father with a hammer just for the heck of it. I'm not sure people know this when they promote his money-making venture and support his mission by spreading his word...

I hear you rustled and understand your reasoning.

His arguments and conclusions have challenged my own belief system which I am currently investigating.

I do not see the wrong in that
We leak as rivers
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Sep 8th, 2016, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37318310

Foiled Paris attack 'was directed by IS'

Three women arrested over a foiled attack in Paris were directed by so-called Islamic State, a French prosecutor has said.
We leak as rivers
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-37316643

Iran makes Paralympic protest over Hajj deaths

Iran blames Saudi authorities for a fatal stampede at Mina, near the holy city of Mecca, on 24 September last year. Estimates of the death toll vary, with most agreeing that more than 2,000 pilgrims were killed - many of them Iranians - though official Saudi figures put the total at 769.
Tensions between the two countries have spiked again in recent days after Iran criticised Saudi Arabia for barring Iranians from attending the annual pilgrimage there this year, and Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti, Abdul Aziz Al Sheikh, dismissed Iranians as "not Muslims". His remark came in response to a comment by Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei accusing Saudi Arabia of "murdering" the dead pilgrims, who were of various nationalities.
We leak as rivers
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/analysis/US-Caused-Civilian-Deaths-Versus-Toll-of-Terrorist-Attacks--20151115-0010.html

The CIA, according to Global Research, began resorting to extremists in the Middle East during the Cold War era.

Former U.S. National Security Agency director William Odom admitted in 2013 that the United States “has long used terrorism.”

The former U.K. Foreign Secretary Robin Cook told the British House of Commons soon after the 9/11 attacks in the United States that the CIA trained thousands of extremists and that Saudi Arabia helped with funding, with the objective of defeating the Russians in Afghanistan.

Just like many U.S. interventions into the sovereignty of other countries, Washington's foreign policy in the Middle East has backfired.

“The Islamic State is its latest weapon (utilized by Washington) that, much like al-Qaida, is certainly backfiring,” the report said.
In Iraq, the United States and its allies also imposed “brutal sanctions” against the government of late President Saddam Hussein, causing the deaths of over 1.7 million Iraqi civilians, half of whom were children, the website added, citing a United Nations report.

“The mass death was seemingly intended. Among items banned by the U.N. sanctions were chemicals and equipment essential for Iraq’s national water treatment system. A secret U.S. Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) document discovered by Professor Thomas Nagy of the School of Business at George Washington University amounted, he said, to 'an early blueprint for genocide against the people of Iraq,’ ” wrote the PSR report. 

In other words, according to the PSR, the United States intentionally developed “a fully workable method to ‘fully degrade the water treatment system’ of an entire nation over a period of a decade.” The sanctions policy would create “the conditions for widespread disease, including full scale epidemics,” thus “liquidating a significant portion of the population of Iraq.”

The study further revealed that from 1991 through 2003 — during the first U.S.-led Gulf War and the years of U.S. sanctions on the country — the Unite States killed 1.9 million Iraqis and that from 2003 to date, about a million more Iraqis were killed by the U.S.-led intervention.

Author and researcher Gideon Polya said in his 2007 book “Body Count: Global Avoidable Mortality Since 1950,” wrote that the U.S. intervention in Afghanistan left close to 3 million people dead, of which 900,000 were infants under five.

The fact that today the United States and its Western allies condemn the very extremists they created, means they should seriously consider shifting their ill-conceived strategies against “terrorism” that have cost, according to Global Research, trillions of dollars.
In March, the Washington D.C.-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR) – a group of Nobel Peace Prize recipients – released a report saying that the U.S. interventions in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan alone killed close to 2 million, and that the figure was closer to 4 million when tallying up the deaths of civilians caused by the U.S. in other countries, such as Syria and Yemen.

In stark contrast, according to Statista – a website that specializes in creating statistics on a number of issues – noted that the worldwide death toll of extremist attacks between 2006 and 2013 are far fewer than 200,000.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

http://www.actionpal.org.uk/ar/

Action against Palistinians of Syria

States the death toll "even today" is 3336

The page will translate to English
We leak as rivers
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

rustled wrote:Nasturtium, David Wood has an agenda. He makes good money doing what he's doing. And while yes, forgiveness is an important part of a just society, he did try to kill his father with a hammer just for the heck of it. I'm not sure people know this when they promote his money-making venture and support his mission by spreading his word, because to my mind that would be rather like choosing to promote Karla Homolka if she started making money by posting on a topic that interested me. Ugh.

Horrible comparison and slanderous response. I guess that's how low you have to go when you can't find holes in his arguments -- attack his character and challenge his motives. Like Bill Warner, he does not need to make Youtube videos to make money. In fact, Youtube videos -- as another academic with a Youtube channel along a similar vein, Gad Saad, points out -- waste a lot of time and bring in enough revenue to buy a pair of shoes once in a while. None of these three are in to it for the money.

Robert Spencer, on the other hand, does make a good living at it, but so what. Being able to make ends meet providing a valuable service is a good thing because he can actually dedicate his full attention to the topic.

Yes, David Wood is a bit crazy, but do you know who else was crazy? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Shame on him for entertaining the world with his music! Who else was crazy? Vincent Van Gogh. Again, shame on him trying to make a living trying to express his craziness through painting?

P.S. EVERYONE has an agenda, including you and I. Yours is to try and discredit people promoting opinions you dislike, mine is to try and counter the arguments from those who (in my opinion) attempt to discredit others through faulty reasoning.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Surely we're all allowed to comment on these people who publicly claim to be an authority on Islam.

Suggesting people be aware of the man's background and consider his motivation before sharing his message is hardly slander, or an attack, or even a challenge. It's really up to other people to decide whether in their opinion his actions (past and current) discredit him, or not.

I am quite sure Nasturtium is entirely capable of that (as per his/her very rational response, above). And I'm also absolutely fine with Nasturtium completely disagreeing with me (just as you do!) as to how credible an authority he is, and whether or not it makes sense to promote his mission. (Not sure all that passionate vitriol is necessary, though.)

ETA: Mozart and Van Gogh didn't make their mark by telling people what to think of other people. Just sayin'.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/13/mosque-calls-sun-story-categorically-false

Mosque calls Sun story 'categorically false' - anthony furey BY ANTHONY FUREY, POSTMEDIA NETWORK

An Ottawa mosque visited by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week said it's “categorically false” that their Imam has links to a terror group.

The Sun reported Monday that Ottawa Muslim Association’s imam, Samy Metwally, is listed as a member of the International Union of Muslim Scholars on the OMA’s website. The IUMS was designated a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates and faces criticism from various experts for its supposed ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

The OMA was one of the Ottawa-area mosques investigated in a recently published study by extremism expert Tom Quiggin titled The Lovers of Death? Islamist Extremism in our Mosques, Schools and Libraries.

“The key issue for us is not that extremist literature was found. It was nothing but extremist literature that was found” says Quiggin, whose resume includes work with the Canadian Forces, RCMP and International War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague.

“The texts we found in Ottawa were mainly by Hassan al Banna, Sayid Qutb and Ibn Wahhab,” Quiggin explains, who compiled the report with an Arabic speaking Muslim co-author. “These are the foundational works for extremist Islam, or, more correctly, the Islamist ideology.”

Would be prudent for Trudeau's assistants to make enquiries prior to attending photo ops
We leak as rivers

Return to “World”