Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

Post by maryjane48 »

In 2015, the number of electric cars on the road globally passed the one million threshold for the first time.

http://www.carbonbrief.org/iea-there-ar ... rlds-roads

i think a milion is a milestone . more than what i would have guessed at this time .
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Million plus electric cars

Post by Dizzy1 »

Less than 0.1% of cars on the road :130:

Seriously though, its nice to see some manufacturers take a serious look into an alternative to the common combustion engine - we'll see what the next decade brings in improved technology and performance.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 8th, 2016, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: try again and this time stay on topic!
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:In 2015, the number of electric cars on the road globally passed the one million threshold for the first time.

http://www.carbonbrief.org/iea-there-ar ... rlds-roads

i think a milion is a milestone . more than what i would have guessed at this time .

I find it interesting how you think that electric vehicles are going to dominate our roadways in the very near future, yet you thought that there are less than a million on the roads today.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Its all good as long as everyone has access to electricity that is not generated by some other non-green source. Otherwise, what's the point?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Dizzy1 wrote:Less than 0.1% of cars on the road :130:

Seriously though, its nice to see some manufacturers take a serious look into an alternative to the common combustion engine - we'll see what the next decade brings in improved technology and performance.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-ev-oil-crisis/
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

If 99.9% of the vehicles on the road today were electric, we'd be suffering from brown-outs across the continent.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

delSol97 wrote:If 99.9% of the vehicles on the road today were electric, we'd be suffering from brown-outs across the continent.

Interesting. I never thought of that. Especially in areas with shady utilities.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Oil will still be needed to build all the plastic in the vehicles and the tires. Our dependence on oil will be around far longer than we think.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Static wrote:Oil will still be needed to build all the plastic in the vehicles and the tires. Our dependence on oil will be around far longer than we think.

I think in centuries, so how much longer than that?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

We might run out in centuries
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

There are 1 billion plus cars worldwide. Suspect it will take awhile for any alternative cars to become competitive on many fronts and take over.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Even with all the alternatives Dams will be replacing oil fields.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Smurf wrote:Even with all the alternatives Dams will be replacing oil fields.

Glad to hear that the protesters will never be out of work then ;)
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Does anyone know how they are working out in northern BC or on the prairies when it is cold. Heaters??? How do the batteries stand up at 40 below as I believe most are still negatively affected by cold.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “World”