Terrorist attacks around the world

bernie428
Board Meister

Re: Terrorist attacks around the world

Post by bernie428 »

From the CBC;

Lakdim was known to authorities for drug-dealing and other petty crimes, but had also been under surveillance by security services in 2016-2017 for links to the radical Salafist movement, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said on Friday.

More criminal than religious, but this is no common criminal act.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Just think. If only France would have better gun control they wouldn't have mass shootings.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

Glacier wrote:Just think. If only France would have better gun control they wouldn't have mass shootings.

I think that if France had America's gun control, they would be in an all out war.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

alanjh595 wrote:
floppi wrote:[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

se•man•tics

You find that funny? Please explain.

I find the labeling of "terrorist" or not to be funny. If the exact circumstance would have happened with Conditt and his name was Mohammed, would there be any doubt in anyone's mind that it was a terrorist act?

It seems to me if a brown person committs murder = a terrorist act
If a white person commits murder = mentally unstable

For Jag :biggrin:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definit ... _terrorism
Last edited by floppi on Mar 25th, 2018, 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Glacier wrote:Just think. If only France would have better gun control they wouldn't have mass shootings.

would be interesting, that's for sure,seems like a 99% of mass shootings going on in france are from muslim terrorist :swear:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

floppi wrote:
I find the labeling of "terrorist" or not to be funny. If the exact circumstance would have happened with Conditt and his name was Mohammed, would there be any doubt in anyone's mind that it was a terrorist act?

You're assumption leans to racism. It is very common for people of a certain bias to label Caucasians as prejudicial. It seems to me that prejudicial statements such as yours are worthless. Just a lot of blah blah blah.
Not sure if you even read your link but it proves that your links were not terrorist attacks. I could go on and try and show you how wrong you are but my prejudice precludes me from wasting my time trying to explain something to those who cannot even see that their own link describing terrorism proves they do not understand.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

floppi wrote:

Case in point:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comment ... slims.html
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Nice conspiracy theory, but in terms of facts and truth, it's simply not true. Have you ever heard of Dylann Roof, Anders Breivik, or Timothy McVeigh?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Glacier wrote:

Nice conspiracy theory, but in terms of facts and truth, it's simply not true. Have you ever heard of Dylann Roof, Anders Breivik, or Timothy McVeigh?

Of course I've heard of them but why are you reinforcing my position :biggrin: . Dylann Roof and Timothy Mcveigh were charged with all sorts things but terrorism wasn't one of them. That's a fact.

Andes Breivik was diagnosed first as a schizophrenic during his trial but the public was outraged and wanted a trial so his diagnosis was changed. He was then deemed criminally sane and charged with terroism but imo, he was/is mentally ill, ironic!!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

floppi wrote:Of course I've heard of them but why are you reinforcing my position :biggrin: . Dylann Roof and Timothy Mcveigh were charged with all sorts things but terrorism wasn't one of them. That's a fact.

Andes Breivik was diagnosed first as a schizophrenic during his trial but the public was outraged and wanted a trial so his diagnosis was changed. He was then deemed criminally sane and charged with terroism but imo, he was/is mentally ill, ironic!!

The terrorism charge didn't exist until 2003, and McVeigh was dead by then. By all accounts it was terrorism, however. Murder is far worse than terrorism, so generally the "terrorism" charge is what you give people who haven't killed anyone yet. I can't think of anyone -- Muslim or not -- who has been charged with terrorism in Canada after killing people. Can you?
- Douglas Murray
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

You're the one that brought them up. What's your explanation for Roof?

btw, the Patriot Act came into being Oct. 2001.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224363

What is going to reach these animals? Nothing works. Nothing. Killing people is what these psychopath Taliban excel at and nothing more.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sad but true..................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224433 terrorist attack or just an accident ?

give your head a SHAKE DID I NOT ALSO SAY - OR JUST AN ACCIDENT-*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 23rd, 2018, 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This was posted in the Canada forum. Since it hasn't been released that it was a terrorist attack, you're jumping the gun. Could have been hit and run but he was caught.

*removed*

However, it may have to do with terrorism according to this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/p ... -1.4631564
Last edited by ferri on Apr 23rd, 2018, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “World”