North Korea

ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: North Korea

Post by ferri »

S.Korea says North’s nuclear capability “speeding up”, calls for action

South Korea said on Saturday that North Korea’s nuclear capability is expanding fast, echoing alarm around the world over the isolated state’s fifth and biggest nuclear test, carried out in defiance of UN sanctions.

North Korea conducted the test on Friday and said it had mastered the ability to mount a warhead on a ballistic missile, ratcheting up a threat that rivals and the United Nations have been powerless to contain.

The test showed North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was unwilling to alter course, and that tougher sanctions and pressure were needed to apply “unbearable pain on the North to leave no choice but to change”, South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se said.

“North Korea’s nuclear capability is growing and speeding to a considerable level, considering the fifth nuclear test was the strongest in scale and the interval has quickened substantially,” Yun told a ministry meeting convened to discuss the test.

The blast, on the 68th anniversary of North Korea’s founding, drew global condemnation.

more here:
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspec ... ction.html
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Nobody really wants to take action, because it would lead to a humanitarian crisis on an unseen level.

Think about the civil wars in the Middle East, and the destabilizing effects they have had far beyond their borders. There are migrants, refugees. Countries around the world are trying to manage the floodgates to control the pressure as much as possible without a rupture. North Korea has an even larger population, and a population which has been every bit as much subjected to propoganda

The last thing China, South Korea, even any of the western nations want to do is go in and start bombing things and have millions of people displaced and flooding into other countries causing problems.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Time for an "accident" to occur and blow their missile works to hell. Where is James Bond when you need him?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Donald G wrote:Time for an "accident" to occur and blow their missile works to hell. Where is James Bond when you need him?

you mean jason bourne [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

How will North Korea respond to South Korea building it's own ballistic missile and being supplied with the American anti-missile defense system.

Will the Americans be able to handle all the flare up points around the world at once, or like Trump said let South Korea and Japan get their own nuclear weapons and take care of themselves.

South Korea has successfully test-fired a home-developed ballistic missile with a range long enough to hit any part of North Korea, Yonhap news agency reported Thursday.

It comes a day after the North fired its own ballistic missile into the Sea of Japan -- which analysts dubbed a warning ahead of a China-US summit, at which Pyongyang's accelerating atomic weapons programme is set to top the agenda.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/korea-test-fires-800km-range-missile-035533614.html
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I would seriously think twice about attending this event:
https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018

my personal opinion, not a chance
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:I would seriously think twice about attending this event:
https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018

my personal opinion, not a chance

lets be honest, its no fluke the nhl is not going
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

What's wrong with going to South Korea for Olympic events? :-)
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:lets be honest, its no fluke the nhl is not going

More than likely because Bettman is an A*****e and is only about the money.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Jlabute wrote:What's wrong with going to South Korea for Olympic events? :-)

Since this Olympic venue is within 90Km of complete wack job known as North Korean Leader.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:
Jlabute wrote:What's wrong with going to South Korea for Olympic events? :-)

Since this Olympic venue is within 90Km of complete wack job known as North Korean Leader.

yup, and no waaaaay in hell he does not act up come olympic events time,
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

I can't find the piece I read a couple of weeks ago, but I found the historical footnote that it was written from. The premise of the piece was one side of the current tension might be a little more predictable than the other.

History has all but forgot the ravages of the Korean war.

It's an interesting read, if you're into history.

http://repository.un.org/bitstream/hand ... sAllowed=y
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

twitter hasn't forgotten. apparently the war continues with them.

i was told that one cannot share this kelnow story on twitter, add any hashtag and the story won't show up anywhere but on yours and your followers timelines, no association with the hashtag.

https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/ ... rth_Korea/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That story won't show up here either.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

That story won't show up here either.

There's been a lot of that in the last week or two. I'm going to go ahead and put a few dollars on an earthquake of between 4.1 and 5.5 happening at 41.2800066 129.086007.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “World”