What the heck are liberal values?

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

What the heck are liberal values?

Post by averagejoe »

And you wonder why racial tension are at an all time high. He is more interested in people who are flooding into the United States than the ones who's forefathers built America...

Aren't liberal values what leftist college professors teach? Isn't that what sjw are fighting for?

Unbelievable!

Obama calls on supporters to renew fight for liberal values in farewell address

In his farewell address to the nation Tuesday night, a tearful President Obama called on Americans to keep working toward income equality, racial healing and bipartisan cooperation — the same goals he was unable to achieve over the past eight years.

With 10 days remaining in his presidency, Mr. Obama traveled to Chicago to deliver his valedictory speech to about 20,000 supporters and urge them to renew the fight for liberal values in the administration of Republican Donald Trump.

“We must forge a new social compact,” Mr. Obama said. “If we don’t create opportunity for all people, the disaffection and division that has stalled our progress will only sharpen in years to come.”

The president warned of threats facing democracy, saying race “remains a potent and often divisive force in our society.”

“If every economic issue is framed as a struggle between a hardworking white middle class and undeserving minorities, then workers of all shades will be left fighting for scraps while the wealthy withdraw further into their private enclaves,” the president said. “If we decline to invest in the children of immigrants, just because they don’t look just because they don’t look like us, we diminish the prospects of our own children — because those brown kids will represent a larger share of America’s workforce.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... l-values-/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: What the heck are liberal values?

Post by averagejoe »

liberal values, what are they...

Open borders
Open drug use
Emptying prisons
Slap on the wrist for criminals
Sanctuary cities
Taking Christianity out of the school system and replacing it satanism and Islam
Giving away free stuff
Free education (borrow money for it from the banksters)
Free healthcare (borrow money for it from the banksters)
feminism at it's worse
BLM supporters
Cop haters
Starbucks

Add to the list....
Last edited by averagejoe on Jan 11th, 2017, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

averagejoe wrote:And you wonder why racial tension are at an all time high. He is more interested in people who are flooding into the United States than the ones who's forefathers built America...

Aren't liberal values what leftist college professors teach? Isn't that what sjw are fighting for?

Unbelievable!

Obama calls on supporters to renew fight for liberal values in farewell address

In his farewell address to the nation Tuesday night, a tearful President Obama called on Americans to keep working toward income equality, racial healing and bipartisan cooperation — the same goals he was unable to achieve over the past eight years.

With 10 days remaining in his presidency, Mr. Obama traveled to Chicago to deliver his valedictory speech to about 20,000 supporters and urge them to renew the fight for liberal values in the administration of Republican Donald Trump.

“We must forge a new social compact,” Mr. Obama said. “If we don’t create opportunity for all people, the disaffection and division that has stalled our progress will only sharpen in years to come.”

The president warned of threats facing democracy, saying race “remains a potent and often divisive force in our society.”

“If every economic issue is framed as a struggle between a hardworking white middle class and undeserving minorities, then workers of all shades will be left fighting for scraps while the wealthy withdraw further into their private enclaves,” the president said. “If we decline to invest in the children of immigrants, just because they don’t look just because they don’t look like us, we diminish the prospects of our own children — because those brown kids will represent a larger share of America’s workforce.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... l-values-/

Here we have an example of the media right reporting on Obama and just like the media left is accused of "fake" news, the media right likes to spin a good yarn.

Example the quote above is

Did Obama say that, sort of, but in their reporting they shorten one sentence and added another sentence making it look like Obama made one sentence. What did Obama say
And so we're going to have to forge a new social compact to guarantee all our kids the education they need.

and (I included the whole paragraph for the last part of the quote)

We can argue about how to best achieve these goals. But we can't be complacent about the goals themselves. For if we don't create opportunity for all people, the disaffection and division that has stalled our progress will only sharpen in years to come.

Totally different meaning when sentences are complete and separated.

Suggest before using someone else's report on this speech or any speech one should read the whole speech.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/10/president-obamas-farewell-speech-transcript-annotated/?utm_term=.2d34ecf960b4
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

averagejoe wrote: Add to the list....

A society where even the most under-educated and gullible right-wing hillbillies have the freedom to
engage in their deliberate delivery of misinformation while spewing forth their venomous ignorance.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

averagejoe wrote:Taking Christianity out of the school system and replacing it satanism and Islam

Satan always gets thrown under the bus....
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

JollyGreenBully wrote:Satan always gets thrown under the bus....

Hail Satan!
hail Satan y'all
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

JollyGreenBully wrote: Satan always gets thrown under the bus....

whatwhat wrote: Hail Satan!

LOl, figures....leftwingers and satanism. hand in hand! :up:

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:135: Oh no, every fiber of being says <stay out, stay out, stay out, stay out , stay out>

I managed to stay out of the Feminism is out of control debacle.
Managed to stay out of the abortion debacle.

But this one? This one I may not make it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hmm.... now is God a right or left winger, or just not into politics at all. So many questions
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

averagejoe wrote:liberal values, what are they...

Open borders/Nope. Sane borders.
Open drug use/Nope. I used to be very anti-Mj, but have come full circle on medical value though But not open.
Emptying prisons/Nope. Build more, in remote places. Capital Punishment needs to be re-instated.
Slap on the wrist for criminals/Many of my posts say that the judges need to get their limpwristed, pantywaist judgements thrown out.
Sanctuary cities/ :135: What the heck are these?
Taking Christianity out of the school system and replacing it satanism and Islam/This is sheer garbage.
Giving away free stuff/I do all the time. Donate/give/...oh wait...not the part where the house was broken into by a crackhead.
Free education (borrow money for it from the banksters)/Most would agree this isn't feasible, how about "affordable" and be done with it.
Free healthcare (borrow money for it from the banksters)/From what my clients tell me, claw backs are happening as we speak. What they are charged is "hidden" because they have no central place to discuss ever increasing costs to their healthcare needs. I believe most us agree the house should not be lost over healthcare costs, but costs have risen.
feminism at it's worse/Who decides what engenders "at it's worse"?
BLM supporters/Black Lives Matters started when one too many black people were shot and killed, why is this an issue that an organization has started over it?
Cop haters/garbage, sheer and pure.
Starbucks/Tim Hortons, Come on!

Add to the list....

Later.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Just a pet peeve but so often views and positions are talked in terms of ' liberal', 'left', 'conservative', or 'right' with those expressing a position on any one subject often thrown in one of those categories.

While those labels may be convenient in some contexts, hard fast definitions and stereotypical images of the ’left’ or ‘right are not always so clear cut in today’s complicated world (and certainly when it comes to political parties and voters as we have seen south of the border ).

To hastily box people in one camp or another has its downside. Different points of views can be too hastily dismissed, more thoughtful discussions squashed , and emerging trends missed that later catch us by surprise.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

averagejoe wrote:
LOl, figures....leftwingers and satanism. hand in hand! :up:

Lol you know. I'll make sure I tell him all about you when I summon him later.

Maybe we will have crazy Satan lesbian sex too! Ahhh liberals scary!
hail Satan y'all
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Liberal Values = Moral Relativism.
I haven't failed until I quit.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

whatwhat wrote:Lol you know. I'll make sure I tell him all about you when I summon him later.

Maybe we will have crazy Satan lesbian sex too! Ahhh liberals scary!

Why weren't you at the meeting? One dead goat and no whatwhat.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

3 chickens or nothing for whatwhat. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

whatwhat is busy no time for a simple goat.

lol

Return to “World”