Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Postby StraitTalk » Jan 9th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Vacancyrate wrote:
d0nb wrote:I think that we should all pledge to say nothing negative about Sanders either before or after his 2020 loss to Trump.

The sad thing is Bernie get's more *bleep* from Democrats than Republicans.

I really hope that Sanders can challenge Trump because the only way you can beat an outsider in this political climate is with another outsider. That would be a good election.

Most likely though the Democrats will run someone who is a skin-deep outsider but owned just like Obama was. A gay Latino that "like the idea of single payer" but big pharma and insurance are their top donors. Same old same old.

Because unlike almost every other politician that has gotten as close to the ticket as Bernie got, he actually had a consistent track record of policy. He's always been the way that he is. He's always had the ideas that he's had. You'd be hard pressed to find examples of him changing his mind - though those examples exist. Since he got involved in politics at a very young age, he's always had the same moral philosophy.

Don't let the dumpster fire that is the republican party distract you from the pile of garbage that is the democratic party which just hasn't been set aflame yet. Bernie was less worried about towing the party line as he was appealing to the underrepresented youth and liberal revolutionaries of America.

You bet your *bleep* the dems are going to find some flavor of the month candidates to parade around. It's the only thing you can do when you have an electoral system like that of the United States. It's not a free win - and if that doesn't tell you a whole hell of a lot about the state of America, I don't know what will.

2 people like this post.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Jan 9th, 2019, 8:15 pm

StraitTalk wrote:Don't let the dumpster fire that is the republican party distract you from the pile of garbage that is the democratic party which just hasn't been set aflame yet.

Bill Clinton is the one who set the Democratic Party on fire when he argued that they didn't need trade union support anymore because they could get more money from corporations and Wall Street. After he signed NAFTA every company that has a union has been threatening to move their operation to Mexico.

The came "Brand Obama", who was basically a corporate placeholder company man that happened be to black and from Chicago. All promises and hope and nothing material to show for it except "Obamacare" which his a giant welfare cheque to medical insurance companies. Didn't jail a single Wall Street Banker and his entire cabinet was picked by Wall Street. Hope and change!

You bet your *bleep* the dems are going to find some flavor of the month candidates to parade around. It's the only thing you can do when you have an electoral system like that of the United States.

Don't blame the electoral system. The Democrats refuse to represent the working class so they actually are incapable for making real change because their Wall Street/Corporate owners will not allow it. Trump will win a second term because the Democrats are offering nothing but identity politics and "outrage" - they have to fight AGAINST popular ideas withing their own party like medicare for all, less war and less jobs leaving for 3rd world countries.

This wall "outrage" is such a joke.

Obama, Biden, Hillary, Feinstein and other prominent Democrats all voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, with authorized hundreds of miles of hard barrier along the Southern Border. Bill Clinton militarized the southern border with Mexico after he signed NAFTA because he knew that American companies would put 3-5 million Mexican farmers out of work because of free trade and he knew where they would all end up.

Has anyone explained what made that bill and those actions acceptably liberal, while similar efforts today are fascist?

*crickets*
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Liked in: 740 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 9th, 2019, 8:33 pm

President Trump says he's cutting off FEMA money for California fires

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said in a Wednesday tweet that he is cutting off federal money to fight California wildfires, claiming the money is being wasted.
"Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest fires that, with proper Forrest Management, would never happen," Trump said. "Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!"

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp

Oh man, what an embarrassing time for our poor American cousins. Better get those rakes out. You could be waiting another two years before getting rid of this ignoramus. Down with the establishment, eh? Man, did you guys get duped. So sad.
"I don't know who Obama is. I don't know who dimples is. I don't know what this means"
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5863 posts

Postby jamapple » Jan 9th, 2019, 10:33 pm

Ka-El wrote:Last night’s address from the Oval Office revealed just what an idiot Donald Trump really is. Even Fox News was doing the fact-checking thing afterward. No Donald, there isn’t a massive supply of heroin coming across the border. It is coming through the ports. No Donald, there isn’t a massive supply of meth coming across the border. It is being produced in the basements and garages of your alt-right rednecks who are just waiting for your word. No Donald, undocumented immigrants are not responsible for any violent crime wave. In fact, the numbers show , as a percentage of the population of undocumented immigrants, they are responsible for far less crime than American born offenders. Hey, when Fox News starts correcting the garbage coming out of Trump’s mouth you know his base is shrinking.

The irony is Trump’s claim the “fake news” media is out to get him. Well, all anyone had to do was watch the imbecilic moron last night spewing the divisive rhetoric, untruths and outright lies to know who is really producing the “fake news”. A person would have to be completely blinded by partisanship to still be supporting or making excuses for this clown.

Like I have always said.....an American will stand to be victimized by a Smith WAY before ever being victimized by a Gonzelos.
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby Mordu » Jan 10th, 2019, 9:07 am

“Coast Guard takes down tip sheet suggesting furloughed employees have garage sales, baby-sit”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/09/politics ... index.html

Not exactly ‘baby-sit’ but here’s the doc.

http://www.scribd.com/document/39714058 ... g-Furlough
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 172 posts

Postby Jonrox » Jan 10th, 2019, 9:36 am

I'm not sure why any border security is actually necessary. They just need to adopt the same strategy used to protect kids from school shootings... thoughts and prayers.

Queen K likes this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2279 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Jan 10th, 2019, 10:27 am

If Democrats now think that any physical border barrier is intrinsically immoral, should the existing physical barriers (several hundred miles) be torn down?

What's the difference between Trumps Wall and the giant, massive wall/fence that currently exists built by Democrats and Republicans?

Is the current fence/wall a "virtue signal"?

"We know that we're supposed to keep the border secure, but we don't want to keep people out, so the fence makes it look like we're playing by the rules!"
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Liked in: 740 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Jan 10th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Who’s saying it’s immoral? I’m pretty sure people are mostly just upset about spending billions of dollars on a white elephant that will have very little impact. There are much better uses of such money than a pointless wall that all evidence points to being ineffective, or nonesense like military parades and space forces.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Ka-El likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4359 posts

Postby Jonrox » Jan 10th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Thoughts and prayers are free. Just saying.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Postby JLives » Jan 10th, 2019, 1:40 pm

There is no border crisis. I'm surprised VR is falling for smoke and mirror, fear mongering tactics. "Build the Wall" is for the "Lock Her Up" anti-intellectual MAGA hat wearing crowd. When you look at the stats though, you see there's no crisis. You know what IS an actual crisis in the US? Climate change and deaths due to gun violence.
Last edited by JLives on Jan 10th, 2019, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

3 people like this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6034 posts

Postby RupertBear » Jan 10th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Who’s saying it’s immoral? I’m pretty sure people are mostly just upset about spending billions of dollars on a white elephant that will have very little impact. There are much better uses of such money than a pointless wall that all evidence points to being ineffective, or nonesense like military parades and space forces.

I think Trump sees the end approaching, and is desperate to have some sort of physical legacy that he can leave behind.
Ram it through, name it the Great Wall of Trump and then he can claim he has put an end to illegal immigration. His sheeple will eat it up.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 659 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2019, 3:02 pm

If you see someone using the term "Dimples", chances are you are dealing with a Liberal moron.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 19373 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2019, 3:28 pm

If you see someone using the term "Dimples", chances are you are dealing with a Liberal moron.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2019, 3:29 pm

JLives wrote:You know what IS an actual crisis in the US? Climate change and deaths due to gun violence.

you are half right at least. Especially if you are talking about the man-made climate change myth. That is not a crisis, that is a bedtime story to frighten people. Gun violence - that is an issue, I agree.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Jonrox » Jan 10th, 2019, 4:30 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Gun violence - that is an issue, I agree.

Nah... the thoughts and prayers are working just fine. Have been for years. Otherwise they would have done something about it by now, right?
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to World