Twins die together at the ripe old age of 97

jasmineschmidtz

Twins die together at the ripe old age of 97

Post by jasmineschmidtz »

So all in all this is a very sad story. If only either one of them had a life support bracelet or a cell phone... But the biggest concern that comes to my mind is at 97 years old why were they still driving!? :200:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Twins die together at the ripe old age of 97

Post by ferri »

I think this is what you are talking about?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/06/us/elderl ... eath-trnd/
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

jasmineschmidtz wrote:So all in all this is a very sad story. If only either one of them had a life support bracelet or a cell phone... But the biggest concern that comes to my mind is at 97 years old why were they still driving!? :200:

Considering neither of the deaths were driving related, I don't quite see how it's relevant to this particular story.

As for cell phones, do you have yours on your hip 24/7? I surely don't. The fact that no one found these poor ladies until it was too late suggests that perhaps they were rendered unconscious and could call/shout for help, which may also have meant they weren't able to use a phone if they had one.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I think that it is a good story. Those sisters were most likely close their full life. Were still in good enough health to be driving even at 97. Plus they died beside someone that loved them.

I have seen some people in their 90's that can out drive just about anyone else on the road.

As for cell phones, I just convinced my 79 year old mom to switch to a cell phone only because her landline recently stopped working and it took Telus almost 2 weeks to fix it. I explained to her that at least with a cell you can just go to town and get a new phone.

Return to “World”