Merkel and Trump's frosty meeting

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Merkel and Trump's frosty meeting

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:Uh thanks for your contribution Joe. What even is that? There are no crying liberals in this thread. Heck, there aren't even any facts either. I mean aside from Trump being incapable of properly meeting with international leaders the way that his predecessors have been.

Trump didn't shake her hand because of her leftist/liberal/sjw/marxist/progressive fascist back ground.

Pretty straight forward.... :smt045

Comrade Merkel in communist uniform.....

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

averagejoe wrote:
Comrade Merkel in communist uniform.....

Wait, the fact that Merkel is/was a communist in her past is irrelevant. People change. Unless you are Donald Trump, at which point you can haul out lawsuits from 1973 to prove he is a racist and to talk about companies he owned that went bankrupt back in the day. Don't you know the rules???
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

He's intimidated by strong women. She is a smart person and experienced in world politics. Trump's flying by the seat of his pants. He is not her equal and he can't handle that. He looked like a spoiled brat sitting next to her.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:He's intimidated by strong women. She is a smart person and experienced in world politics. Trump's flying by the seat of his pants. He is not her equal and he can't handle that. He looked like a spoiled brat sitting next to her.

That's one interpretation. We honestly don't know what went on. Did they have a closed-door meeting at all, that might have lead to the indifference/perceived hostility? Perhaps they had a screaming match prior to this photo-op? I honestly don't think Merkel is a "strong" woman. Is she a leader that has made a lot of really bad choices and really screwed over Germany? Yes. Should that be intimidating? I don't think so.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

There is a reason that refugees seek out Germany in much the same way they seek out the USA. They are both powerful economies and are able to provide services to refugees that other countries cannot. Though I believe the decision by Merkel and her govt to absorb so many in such a short period of time was a mistake, I still view her as a strong leader. They have positive trade balances and recently recorded a record trade surplus with the US. It was Merkel and the German people that kept the European Union from collapsing during the last financial meltdown. Germany and the USA have a strong relationship and I don't think it will change under Trump.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

The Green Barbarian wrote:That's one interpretation. We honestly don't know what went on.

Your mentor knows:
averagejoe wrote:Trump didn't shake her hand because of her leftist/liberal/sjw/marxist/progressive fascist back ground.

Pretty straight forward.... :smt045

But! It doesn't matter if you guys are both right or wrong.
Trumps disrespectful behavior toward the German Chancellor was rude and indefensible.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

she has bigger hands than trump. nuff said

Return to “World”