Ivanka Trump...White House Office

techrtr
Übergod

Re: Ivanka Trump...White House Office

Post by techrtr »

I don't have a problem with it. By all accounts, she's not like her dad at all and might be a very good moderating influence on him.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Barney Google wrote: "Bashing etiquette"? Really? That's a good one. I guess I will have to watch some posts more carefully so I can learn what proper bashing etiquette is.

Sorry to disappoint Barney, there is no "bashing" etiquette, it was just wishful thinking, if there were then maybe people wouldn't bash them for such stupid things as, how he likes his steak, what Ivanka wears or the fact that Melania looks TOO GOOD in her White House portrait. No unfortunately, there is no etiquette when it comes to "bashing" just blatant stupidity..
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

like when thr rightwing suggested michelle obama was a monkey ? :smt045
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 5th, 2017, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: keep it civil!
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

The merits plus or minus about Ms. Trump, and anyone else appointed to a political office or employ, and her role

in her fathers Administration's is in my opinion, perfectly legitimate topic to discuss and commiserate.

If the topic is offense then simply don't partake...there is no need to refer to opposing views as "blatantly stupid".

I am hearing first hand from my friends and colleagues who are US citizens who are very concerned about what's going on.

Some of those voted for Trump. Their concern and worries are genuine.

The appointment of Ivanka Trump is not something fully supported by the American people.

Hence the numerous opposing opinions cited on Social Media and in the News.

The more I learn about her position, her business practices, her political and social connections and the level of her

influence with her father the more I am concerned as well.

It's disheartening when forum participates attack others integrity and or personally when another poster has an opposing

view or opinion or experiences.

Expressing that opposing views are "blatantly stupid" bashing is akin to sandbox talk of

"you're a stupid dummy head" for not agreeing with an opposing opinion.

My experience of debating and commiserating is to provide or cite evidence to back up my opinions.

I actually enjoy having others point out to me, with documented evidence, the negatives/positives of a topic I

disagree with them over and having my opinion changed by that.

In Ms. Trump's instance, I have been provided with more information that I find concerning than information I am

comfortable with. In addition to that information, I listen to the positive and negative concerns my US friends and

colleagues share with me. As a result, I find Ms. Trump's appointment as Assistant to the President a dubious one.

What is important to me is to keep in mind that what happens in the US often has a direct affect on things that

affect on Canada.

Some feel the appointment of Ms. Trump as a welcome one as she 'often has a calming effect on her father'...I wonder

about that...and think to myself "why would the US President not have the wherewithal to remain calm on his own?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Global News:
Ivanka Trump admits she doesn’t know what it means ‘to be complicit’
"...In her first interview since the inauguration, Ivanka Trump admitted she is “complicit” with her father’s actions, if the word’s definition is being a “force for good.” ...."

All kidding aside, taking out the SNL deal...

http://globalnews.ca/news/3357274/ivank ... complicit/

National Post:
Ivanka Trump responds to critics in interview: ‘I don’t know what it means to be complicit’
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... -complicit

and

As Ivanka Trump sets up a West Wing office, backlash over her mixed messages on women’s issues grows
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... sues-grows
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what was telling for me was when she walked out on the cosmo interview like a spoiled brat.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

maryjane48 wrote:what was telling for me was when she walked out on the cosmo interview like a spoiled brat.

Yes, that was most unfortunate. Not very helpful evidence that she will have a 'stabilizing influence' on her father.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a3 ... ve-policy/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/ ... index.html
- Unknown
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Barney Google wrote:If the topic is offense then simply don't partake...there is no need to refer to opposing views as "blatantly stupid".

Well, IMO, your comments are a little self serving. Please point me in the direction of your "positive" comments about Ivanka. You've said the jury is still out for you yet you've made several negative comments and pointed to jokes etc. I don't think that "opposing" comments are blatantly stupid at all, I think that the "bashing" comments are blatantly stupid. (I don't mean on here exclusively I am also referring to the media)

Did you read the articles of the links you posted. First they criticize her for being in the Whitehouse "without" an office so she says "she heard the critics" and got an office. Now they say she doesn't "deserve" an office.. ?????????? She is also being criticized because some democrats "thought" she would have more positive influence on her father and so far they haven't seen that. GIVE ME A BREAK, PLEASE, what they mean by that is they want Trump to get in line and do what THEY want him to do and since they can't CONTROL him then maybe she can, but not so far, nope so far she hasn't turned him into a Democrat so what good is she. THAT's some of the blatant stupidity I am referring to.

Also, when everything someone (not you) says about someone they know "nothing" about is negative and they won't even give them a chance, I don't know what you call it, but I call it "bashing".. If this was a Muslim woman being criticized the defenders would be coming out of the woodwork, but since it's a "Trump" then it's ALL fair game, let her have it people she "deserves" it.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Yes, I always read the articles I post Krocky.

Don't you find it interesting that even the articles denote conflicting view points?

I do, that's why I posted them.

This thread started 16 days ago. There's been TONS of news coming from Washington every day.

In fact, it seems minute by minute.

I've posted a few links...this is what's in the news currently...I'm not making it up myself.

If others wish to post other links they are more than welcome to.

I'm also listening to folks from the US who share their perspectives and insight with me.

If there is information out there about or on Ms. Trump that reflects opposing views to those posted

then by all means add them here.

I'm pretty disgusted at the political systems both here in Canada and the US.

Looks like there are way too many people running both countries that are completely out of touch with the "Average Joes".

I had hoped Ms. Trump would have been able to temper her father's views on critical Women's Issues...

so far doesn't look like it. I don't know if she can relate to issues the "Average Josies" are faced with.

You are right Krocky to point out that I stated that the 'jury was still out' for me regarding Ms. Trump...that was

over two weeks ago. With all that has come forward since then, and continues it seems on a daily(hourly) basis...

now it's not so much...

but I'm always willing to listen and keep my mind open to other ideas and opinions.
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

New York Times:

The ‘Goddess’ Yi Wan Ka: Ivanka Trump Is a Hit in China

BEIJING — When Wang Ge, a business school student, wakes up, she often asks herself, “What would Ivanka do?”

Wang Ge, a student at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business in Beijing, admires Ivanka Trump and aims to follow her schedule, waking at 6 a.m. and setting aside at least half an hour each day to read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/worl ... .html?_r=0
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

"Secret"Meetings?

Ivanka Trump has been on a listening tour since moving to Washington, as she stakes a claim on women's issues

Conservative Review:
Ivanka Trump holds secret meetings with liberal special interest groups. No good can come from this
https://www.conservativereview.com/comm ... -from-this

Politico:
Ivanka's secret Planned Parenthood outreach
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/i ... ach-236940

The Hill:
Ivanka Trump met secretly with Planned Parenthood head: report

"...Trump’s elder daughter initiated the meeting with Cecile Richards, hoping to ease tensions and discuss the organization, which Republicans hope to defund, Politico first reported Thursday morning.

A Planned Parenthood official said Richards stressed during the meeting that funding for the women’s health organization “doesn’t actually go to abortions.”

“The purpose of the meeting, from Cecile’s point of view, was to make sure that Ivanka fully understood what Planned Parenthood does, how it is funded, and why it would be a terrible idea for Planned Parenthood to be removed from being able to see Medicaid patients,” Dawn Laguens told Politico.

“The main thing that Cecile Richards was doing was explaining that the money doesn’t actually go to abortions — we get reimbursed the same way a hospital does. We were clearing up misinformation about how this works.”
Ivanka Trump and Richards have not spoken since the secret meeting, according to the report.

Richards has since admonished Trump for her lack of involvement in the Republicans' healthcare effort.

"It’s time for Ivanka to … stand for women,” Richards said last month, calling her silence on the GOP legislation “deafening.”

Richards most recently spoke at a Women in the World conference in New York Wednesday evening. ..."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ead-report

Is it too far fetched to think that funding would be pulled from a program without the individual(s) who pulled the

funds knowing how the funds are being spent?

How could any woman not be in favor of the Planned Parenthood concept and see the crucial support it offers?

It's nice to see that Ms. Trump is reaching out but why is it 'secret'?
- Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

roger stone blamed ivanka for the missle attack on syria. keep in mind roger stone is/ was the main person pushing the narritive hrc was the devil [icon_lol2.gif] .
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Ms. Trump...trumping her father's responses to the situation is Syrian ...

Daily Motion:
Ivanka Trump outraged by atrocious Syrian chemical attack
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5hdd5 ... ttack_news

CBSN:
http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/ivank ... as-attack/
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Daddy's Little Princess all of a sudden notices the horrifying atrocities the Syrians have been subjected to for

years and years and pleads with her father to, "do something"?

What did she have to say when Daddykins shut the door on refugees and immigrants fleeing these atrocities

with his travel ban?

Her encouraging her father might have flamed the fires of the US's biggest foe.

Russia is now claiming the US committed an illegal act by attacking Syria.

Does Daddy's Princess know anything about International War policies?

We can take great comfort in knowing that Ivanka's "calming and stabilizing" affect on her father is a two sided

fashionista pocketbook, as told by her brother, her upset over recents reports influenced Trump to attack.
- Unknown

Return to “World”