Leftists trying to censor Right Wing on Youtube

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Leftists trying to censor Right Wing on Youtube

Post by The Green Barbarian »

The Left wants to shut down anybody on Youtube who dares disagree with them. Shocking! So typical of the horrible Left, who always want anyone who has a different opinion than them censored or arrested. Just disgusting!!!

Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Mar 25th, 2017, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Leftists trying to censor Right Wing on Youtube

Post by d0nb »

Watson thinks leftists don't do well on social media because "Not having an argument doesn't translate well to YouTube."

Gee, Paul, ya think? :biggrin:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The Left wants to shut down anybody on Youtube who dares disagree with them. Shocking! So typical of the horrible Left, who always want anyone who has a different opinion than them censored or arrested. Just disgusting!!!

Lol this guy thinks he's the same as CNN or CNBC. I'm sorry, but baseless rhetoric isn't the same as news. There's a difference between reporting facts, and spewing hatred against people of different ideologies. The second I hear someone say "the right" or "the left" in a video is when I know it's just rediculous generalization and hate mongering, and time to turn it off. It's not like he's alone, there are people just as extreme towards other ideologies who have found themselves on that end of youtubes content filtering system.

In regards to labelling things left or right though, just about every science and history channel on YouTube, covering facts and not opinion is labelled in the comments as left wing, but unlike what this amateur is trying claim, they are not being slaughtered by dislikes. Heck sci-show has over 4 million subs on just one of their channels. Their non-full production opinion channel "vlogbrothers" featuring mainly left wing opinions has 3 million subs. They don't need to resort to click bait temper tantrums "my last video because YouTube is mean". (Fear not, the kind of people who made your video don't even care if people are listening to them or not, they'll keep making videos). Discovery's Seeker and Now This have 1.5 and 2.5 mill subs respectively.

This guy and Sargon, Fox News, The Rebel etc have under 1million subs each. Fact is there is just far less interest in occupying ones time whatching bigotry and rhetoric or hatred, than there is in education and factual information. That said, there are in many cases even more subs to fail videos and hydraulic presses. The difference is that no educational channels are trying to blame entire demographics because those videos are more successful.

You guy has found his audience. It just happens to be a small audience
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:
Lol this guy thinks he's the same as CNN or CNBC. I'm sorry, but baseless rhetoric isn't the same as news. There's a difference between reporting facts, and spewing hatred against people of different ideologies.

Just because what he says disagrees with your personal world viewpoint, doesn't make it "hatred", and calling anything you disagree with "hatred", as well as using the word "bigot" and "racist" to describe anyone who doesn't share your beliefs as to what constitutes "tolerance" doesn't make them bigots or racists anyway. All I see you doing is making excuses for censorship, because you don't want anyone who disagrees with what you say and think to be heard.

You guy has found his audience. It just happens to be a small audience

Then what you have just described is a paradox. If his audience is so small, then why does he have so many people viewing and liking what he and others like him post on Youtube? And why is Pewtie-Pie being targeted? He isn't even political. This is censorship pure and simple.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Matt Christiansen weighs in on the attacks coming from the Left on Youtubers. This isn't right vs left, it's the establishment vs the rebels on Youtube. Much like the last election in the US. And who won that battle?

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Here's another example of someone wanting to know why people think a certain way, and he just gets accused of "hate". It's just so simple to scream "hate" at anyone who disagrees with you. It's a lot harder to explain yourself and your views. So that's why most people don't want to bother - they just want to scream "hate" and move on, and not have to think.

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

This thread is a joke coming from you of all people. You and your hate for the NDP...priceless.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GrooveTunes wrote:This thread is a joke coming from you of all people. You and your hate for the NDP...priceless.

And this comment above just shows how clued out the Left truly is. As much as I find the NDP repulsive and awful, I would never demand that their proponents be shut down from airing their views on Youtube or any other medium. The true joke is the Left claiming that they are pro-free speech, when all they ever seem to do is find new reasons to shut down free speech, every chance they get.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Mar 26th, 2017, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

[quote][/quote]Just because what he says disagrees with your personal world viewpoint, doesn't make it "hatred"[quote]

Ahhh, the words of the great GB. What the H&LL do you think you do on a constant basis?? Let's see......does does left wing, person, echo chamber bile suckers ring a bell? And, now, here you are, all cuddly with the 'if people don't agree with you, well, shucky darn, that's not hatred'. I just about :spitcoffee: when I saw that!!
Thanks for making my day!! :topic:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

good the rightwing should only communicate by stone tablets :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

jamapple wrote:
Ahhh, the words of the great GB. What the H&LL do you think you do on a constant basis?? Let's see......does does left wing, person, echo chamber bile suckers ring a bell? And, now, here you are, all cuddly with the 'if people don't agree with you, well, shucky darn, that's not hatred'. I just about :spitcoffee: when I saw that!!

This is the third post in a row that seems bent on just discussing me, and not the actual issue. Am I trying to tell you that you can't post on Youtube? No. Your entire response is not only ludicrous and off topic, it is just based on your weird infatuation with me. Oh no! I don't agree with you! So what? Am I trying to stop you from saying it? This is only the Left that does this. Because they can't handle anyone else having a different opinion.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

jamapple wrote:Ahhh, the words of the great GB. What the H&LL do you think you do on a constant basis?? Let's see......does does left wing, person, echo chamber bile suckers ring a bell? And, now, here you are, all cuddly with the 'if people don't agree with you, well, shucky darn, that's not hatred'. I just about :spitcoffee: when I saw that!!

This is my favorite because "echo chamber" is the new buzzword on the right that you keep repeating.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I don't need to agree or disagree with what someone says to know whether or not its hatred. When you consistently make hateful statements against the left, it's easy to see that it isn't just a difference of opinion, but that it is hate filled rhetoric. And this is why even though some people subscribe to this person, and like watching things that help play into and justify their own hatred, there will still be far more people tuning into educational content that makes real world observations.

And this isn't censorship. The content in that guy's channel simply isn't appropriate for all audiences, which is why it and others are disabled under this OPTIONAL feature on YouTube.

It's like turning on kids mode on Netflix and then crying that Netflix is trying to censor your House of Cards
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

FreeRights wrote:This is my favorite because "echo chamber" is the new buzzword on the right that you keep repeating.

Why is it your favorite? Because it's completely off topic? Did you actually watch the video? Do you understand the actual issue here?

Return to “World”