Was Obama the worst president

FreeRights
Guru

Re: Was Obama the worst president

Post by FreeRights »

Obviously the ACA wasn't - and isn't - perfect, as it had a lot of insurance company regulation that it left completely untouched. It does make you wonder, though, which is worse - being dead because you couldn't afford proper healthcare, or being given the opportunity to live your life with crippling debt.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

actualy the folks that needed govt help under aca get it . why you think so many republicans went um no your not talking my benefits away lol .
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

OldIslander wrote:I suspect that as as the years go by, the current hostile, partisan opinions about Obama will wane and soften, and his stock will rise. If you read the list in mexicalidreamer's post above, he did accomplish an amazing body of work.

Remember CBC's program in 2004, to identify the greatest Canadian who ever lived? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Canadian). It went on for over a month -- the winner turning out to be Tommy Douglas. Why? Because he is considered the 'father' of our medical plan.

If Obamacare survives (a big if...), then in the years and decades to come, if for nothing else, Obama will be remembered as the president who first brought nationalized medical care to the masses. Prior to that, stories of ordinary Americans being financially ruined due to medical bills in the family, were commonplace. Or people dying prematurely because they couldn't afford medical care. He won't be remembered as the greatest American who ever lived, but he will be remembered as one of their better presidents in the past 200 years.

And if you were to ask the CBC audience to name the greatest American President, Obama just might take the title. Their bias is no secret.

Whatever the intent, Obamacare is an unqualified disaster. Setting aside Obama's blatant lies about being free to keep the plan and doctor of choice, the ACA fails miserably to deliver its central promise - what Nancy Pelosi took such pains to stress when she said that the plan would have to be passed in order for everyone to appreciate it, all the "affordable, affordable, affordable" health care it would provide.

If they are remembered at all, it should be for their dishonesty and incompetence.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Uhhh, not even close. In fact, I think you could argue that Trump has already earned that distinction and it's only been 100 days, give or take.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Um, can we be real here? Do conservatives really forget how Bush screwed the country by starting a war based on lies that could end up costing the US 6 trillion when all is said and done. I won't even start on how he sat there for 10 minutes listening to a children's story when he was advised the US was under attack. Then lets look at the cost of the financial crisis he presided over which has been estimated at 12.8 trillion. Add it up and the cost of the Bush presidency sits at 18 trillion, the size of the current US debt. How the Republicans even got another chance is beyond logic and the fact it's Trump is further proof that US Conservatives have no clue when it comes to electing a president, and even less of a clue when it comes to grading their performance.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

He really was a goof. My favorite 'Bush moment' was in China when he tried to leave the stage after a speech. When the doors won't open he turns and snaps to attention, as though the Star Spangled Banner has just started to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs-1jR9Ya0U

And 2nd favorite is here;

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/ ... hocomp.jpg
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Survey says!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/ ... /11985837/

Poll data
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-de ... aseID=2056

Aside from accumulating the most debt, least economic growth, downplaying Charlie Hebdo's murder, prosecuted most whistleblowers, created the most spied on nation on earth, and many other inappropriate actions... many polls suggest he was worst, although pretty good as a Marxist.
Last edited by Jlabute on May 9th, 2017, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

^^
Oh the irony of a Trump supporter quoting the "very fake news polls". [icon_lol2.gif]

Fact is, perception isn't always an accurate reflection of reality but give it time. Obama will end up on the right side of history, not something any Republican president in recent history can claim.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

I must admit -- that is a surprise, but I believe the source and the data collected.

I have no data to back this up, but as I said earlier in this thread, as time goes by, I'd bet that stance will soften. In the USA, everything is so brutally partisan -- people will back up their party, no matter what they've done or plan to do. You see it in these boards -- passionate defenders Trump, simply because they are ultra conservative disciples. So when those kind of folks are asked -- a few months after Obama's term ends -- who was the worst Pres in history, they are all going lash out and say 'Obama. There is a certain amount of racism there too -- hard to say how much.

When Nixon -- 3rd worst in the above poll -- resigned, he was regarded as a monster of a president -- but now that 40ish years have gone by, history is being much kinder to him, looking more carefully at some of things he accomplished. Who'd of believed it at the time?

We won't be able to take up this argument about Obama in 40 years -- I (and a few others here) will be daisy fodder. But I'll betcha in 50 and then 100 years from now (if the the USA survives Trump...), Obama will be warmly remembered.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If you think anyone is gonna warmly remember Obama. I don't even know what to say to that . He was so bad that his party got destroyed . The mighty Democrats down to nothing . You have to go back nearly 100 years to see demo crew so down and out . Rightfully so . Look at all the nonsense with Obama . Supporting all the cop killers . Supporting terrorists. Selling guns to cartels for coke . Goes on and on support for black lives matter and the domestic terror campaign they launched . The American people chose a brighter future when they turned these clowns . Lock her up lock Barry and Mike up too
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Poindexter wrote: Fact is, perception isn't always an accurate reflection of reality but give it time. Obama will end up on the right side of history, not something any Republican president in recent history can claim.

Obama is going to be remembered as one of America's greatest presidents. The vast majority of Americans, even some who voted for Trump, are already desperately wishing Obama was still president. These are indeed disgracing times for America.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Jflem1983 wrote:If you think anyone is gonna warmly remember Obama. I don't even know what to say to that . He was so bad that his party got destroyed . The mighty Democrats down to nothing . You have to go back nearly 100 years to see demo crew so down and out .

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

They lost all three branches of government . Plus the balance of the Supreme Court. Spin it whatever way u want . Obama got tossed
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Well he's at it again . Complaining about Trump. Telling states and cities to rise up . This Obama clown needs to be stopped

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Well he's at it again . Complaining about Trump. Telling states and cities to rise up . This Obama clown needs to be stopped

who you to call president obama a clown ? needs to be stopped ? you insinuating someone should take obama out ? i bet fbi already have your internet hacked :biggrin:

Return to “World”