Americans bomb Syria

Slider

Re: Americans bomb Syria

Post by Slider »

maryjane48 wrote:Russia condemned the U.S. missile strike on a Syrian air base in response to this week’s chemical attack as “aggression” and suspended crucial co-ordination with Washington in Syria’s congested skies. The country’s ministry of defence also announced plans to send a warship to the eastern Mediterranean, according to the Telegraph.

“To protect key Syrian infrastructure a range of measures will be taken reinforce and improve the effectiveness of the Syrian armed forces air defence,” the ministry said in a statement.

things getting interesting now .
Castanet is now reporting that a Russian warship has entered the Mediterranean Sea and it heading toward the U.S. Navy Destroyers that launched the Tomahawks. Doing a bit of checking discovered Fox News first reported this. Is it true or false considering the source?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Wait, what? Americans bombing another god forsaken country? Oh, that never happens!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

‘Low efficiency’: Only 23 Tomahawk missiles out of 59 reached Syrian airfield, Russian MoD says

The Russian Defense Ministry says the US missile strike on a Syrian airfield wasn't very effective, with only 23 out of 59 Tomahawk missiles reaching their target. The locations of the remaining 36 missiles’ impact is now unknown, the ministry added.

The strike on the Shayrat airfield in Syria’s Homs Province destroyed a material storage depot, a training facility, a canteen, six MiG-23 aircraft in repair hangars and a radar station.

The runway, taxiways and the Syrian aircraft on the parking apron remained undamaged, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman said in a statement.

The ministry described the combat efficiency of the strike as “quite poor.”

https://www.rt.com/news/383858-syria-us ... efficient/
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Slider wrote:Castanet is now reporting that a Russian warship has entered the Mediterranean Sea and it heading toward the U.S. Navy Destroyers that launched the Tomahawks. Doing a bit of checking discovered Fox News first reported this. Is it true or false considering the source?

I'm going to go with true, but...

I did a little fact checking and came across the source information for the US Navy article. My first impression is it's being blown out of proportion, however it is interesting. It appears to me Admiral Grigorovich and a number of other Russian ships were on their way towards Syria on April 6th during daylight hours. (Before the missile attack) It appears they made the transition into the Mediterranean less than 2 hours after the missile attack.

The ship spotter noted that 494 had just done a quick turnaround (5 days) at the Russian base.

On the same day he also noted:

A large landing ship - Nikolay Filchenkov 153
A Anti-Saboteur ship - Unarmeec Kryma 836
Tug MB 174

Earlier, April 3 he noted:
LSTM Korolev 130

All transitioning south towards Syria.

http://tass.com/defense/939994

https://news.usni.org/2017/04/07/russia ... in-station

There's a lot of military iron floating in the area. It appears Admiral Grigorovich 494 caught everyone's attention when it abruptly left it's station off of Syria and made a quick run for resupply.

Mar 29 northbound through the Bosphorus.
Mar 29 northbound through the Bosphorus.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime' :smt045
    Leaked emails from defense contractor refers to chemical weapons saying 'the idea is approved by Washington'
    Obama issued warning to Syrian president Bashar al-Assad last month that use of chemical warfare was 'totally unacceptable'

I'm not reading the article right now, but this forum seems like a place that really interested
in political things, so I'm sure someone will want to read it.

http://web.archive.org/web/201301292138 ... Assad.html
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Jflem1983 wrote:So far I think this is a bad move by trump . He was doing well to avoid wars

Yeah, just like Neville Chamberlain did. That worked out real well for the world.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

jimsenchuk wrote:‘Low efficiency’: Only 23 Tomahawk missiles out of 59 reached Syrian airfield, Russian MoD says

The Russian Defense Ministry says the US missile strike on a Syrian airfield wasn't very effective, with only 23 out of 59 Tomahawk missiles reaching their target. The locations of the remaining 36 missiles’ impact is now unknown, the ministry added.

The strike on the Shayrat airfield in Syria’s Homs Province destroyed a material storage depot, a training facility, a canteen, six MiG-23 aircraft in repair hangars and a radar station.

The runway, taxiways and the Syrian aircraft on the parking apron remained undamaged, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman said in a statement.

The ministry described the combat efficiency of the strike as “quite poor.”

https://www.rt.com/news/383858-syria-us ... efficient/

Of course they're going to say that. If the American blew up the Kremlin, they'd say that they missed.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Uh huh, seems like a legit news source (did you ever see "So I Married an Axe Murderer?" The discussion about "the news" is hilarious).
darcym

Post by darcym »

Where is the evidence and independent investigation of the gas attack? Who really did it? Do Canadians just roll over and accept anything the government and Military say or do? If so, maybe we live in a Dictatorship desguised as Democracy. A reckless attack on a soveirgn state, 100% backed by Russia and many other nations. Puts Canada in harms way. I can't believe Trudeau even endorsed the missle attack. We use to be a nation of military peace keepers. I think the general public needs to start educating them selves on real world events. Long standing Alternative media stations is growing in viewership. The street interviews by castanet concerns me greatly. The public has no sense of impending repercussions and escalation to war this could cause. The USA went to Defcon 2 in the last 24 hours. Canadians pay closer attention! And get the facts which you won't find on the corpoate mainstream media.
4peace

Post by 4peace »

I have followed the current Syrian Civil War since 2011. What began as civil disobedience escalated into what we see today.
There are many journalists covering the war so there is a lot to choose from for our information. Just as there are many different groups involved. Who can keep track? We can dream up many different scenarios for what happened but it is clear that innocent people have suffered badly. I watched in shock as the United Nations sat back and shrugged their shoulders at the Sarin and Chlorine bombs dropped on families of men, women and children who have already endured so much.
If we can believe anything that has been said this is not the first time the countries dictator has done that to his own people. War to me is action from an army of one country to another. It is inconceivable that a leader would do to his people what has been done in the last 6 years because they do not agree with him.
The attack by the US on the Syrian military base was an attack from one nation to another nations military.It was only a warning but in my opinion the world can no longer stand by and see this atrocity.
We may never see a Democracy as we have come to believe in in North America in these countries but surely there comes a point where what is left is nothing for everyone. The people have lost their families, their jobs and businesses, their homes and even their drinking water. Buildings are destroyed, Food supplies are lost. What is left for Mr Assad to rule over?
History has repeated itself in Dictatorships over and over.There are no Democratic elections to remove someone like Mr Assad. He will not admit his wrongdoing and resign.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Of course they're going to say that. If the American blew up the Kremlin, they'd say that they missed.

I take it you do not like the Russians eh! But you will believe anything that comes out of western news eh!
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Jflem1983 wrote:So far I think this is a bad move by trump . He was doing well to avoid wars

That's the problem. The entire US system needs war to sustain it's gargantuan military industrial complex. Follow the money as they say.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

Well I guess Trump did a turn around on this one!! From what I read, the Russians and Americans had an agreement about air space over Syria. Now from what I hear that is no longer the case, so bring in the warships and let the missils fly. I hate war! My heart bleeds for all the lives lost, the children, and also the women and men!
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Forty-five Times Trump Said: Attacking Syria Is a Bad Idea and Might Start World War III
http://www.globalresearch.ca/forty-five ... ii/5584236
By Tom McKay
Global Research, April 10, 2017
Mic 7 April 2017
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon

Return to “World”