American miners could lose pensions

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

American miners could lose pensions

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... ns/523980/

this ìs a interesting and sad story . there is lots of blame to go around but at the end of the day the govt allowed it to happen

to set the drama ,this is how its shaping up .

first the gop controlled house is now facing the predicament of funding the pension like the agreed to or forget about the deal they made and let the miners lose out .

what makes this interesting is that if the house allows the pensions to be funded as the story points out , they wont be able to just stop there , every other pension facing foreclosure will be lined up . its a pandoras box .
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: American miners could lose pensions

Post by fluffy »

maryjane48 wrote:...what makes this interesting is that if the house allows the pensions to be funded as the story points out , they wont be able to just stop there , every other pension facing foreclosure will be lined up . its a pandoras box .

That it is. At the root of this is the question of whether or not the taxpayer should be held responsible for bailing out private industry in the event of falling stock market values?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Hey, no one needs to worry

Donald has it covered...he's gonna "make America Great again"

I can't wait to see how he's gonna handle this one.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Same way he handles everything. Lots of BS and no substance.

It's the Media's fault.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “World”