Trump's Fitness to Serve is Under Review

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Trump's Fitness to Serve is Under Review

Post by Omnitheo »

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

OldIslander wrote:BTW, here is a transcript from a Trump speech during the election -- it is one sentence:

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my, like, credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger, fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

It makes Sara Palin, in her infamous interview with Jane Pauly, sound like a Rhodes Scholar.

Not as much a "train of thought" as it is a "train wreck of thought".

Talk about scatter brained.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

OldIslander wrote:So what do you think -- is there any legitimacy to this story? That a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump? And that Pence will be removed, too?

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exc ... ald-trump/

And further...

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/13/tru ... briefings/

Or is it utter fake news? A lot of people seem to give credence to this site and the journalist who writes it. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Being extremely leery of conspiracy theories in general, I'll have to see it to believe it.

The stunning irony in all this, is that while Trump doesn't seem to appreciate it, James Comey is his best friend. Comey is almost certainly responsible for Trumps election victory, thanks to his announcing further Hillary investigations, just a few days before the election. Then Trump up and fires him.

Last night, 60 Minutes reran an in-depth interview of Comey from around 2013, just one year into his ten year term. He seemed like a very principle'd, high integrity kind of guy. Maybe it was his principles that caused him to make the Hillary announcement. He has sure paid a high price -- history will likely credit him with a good deal of the blame for Trump getting into office.

Beats me, although the same website claims Trump's presidency ended May 9th. Seems a little sensational to me.
https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/13/tru ... briefings/

Bill Clinton fired his FBI director too. Seems like the fad these days. William Sessions was too a man of integrity.
"President Clinton fired FBI Director William Sessions on 19 July 1993, one day before Deputy White House Counsel Vince Foster, a longtime associate of the Clintons, was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound."
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Jlabute wrote:Beats me, although the same website claims Trump's presidency ended May 9th. Seems a little sensational to me. https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/13/tru ... briefings/

Yes, I tend to agree. While there are number of people who praise this journalist -- Louise Mensch -- a former British MP -- it all seems just a little too far fetched to pass the smell test. And absolutely no collaboration at any other sites (that I can find).

The May 9 comment of course, refers to the day that Trump leaked classified into to the Russians. And this story is really picking up steam. There are now many stories suggested that the info was from Israel, and that they are highly annoyed -- good luck trying to get any more intel out of them in the future. One journalist posted an article this morning (which has since disappeared..) saying:

So why would a Trump supporter leak a damaging story about the president to multiple news organizations? According to Erickson, it’s the only way to get Trump to change his behavior.
“The President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given,” Erickson explains. “He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack. So some of the sources are left with no other option but to go to the media, leak the story, and hope that the intense blowback gives the President a swift kick in the butt.”
Additionally, Erickson’s source claims that “what the President did is actually far worse than what is being reported” and that “the president does not seem to realize or appreciate that his bragging can undermine relationships with our allies and with human intelligence sources.”
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom

Return to “World”