Parents: Prepare your kids for left-wing campus bias

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Parents: Prepare your kids for left-wing campus bias

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:Fore warning of Uncivilized leftist swearing...
Unedited - Bret Weinstein Tries To Reason With Angry Student Mob As They Call For His Resignation

He's not the smartest is he? He tries to hold a civilised discussion with an angry group of students, rather than trying to create an environment where he can have a civilised discussion (bring them into the classroom and try to have a set of rules around letting people say their piece, etc.).
Additionally, when has finding angry people saying stupid stuff been news or worthwhile. We have it all the time from all sides of the political spectrum. Get into an adversarial discussion with some Ayn Rand zealots about her hypocrisy, or accuse anti-abortion protesters of being non-Christian and see where it gets you.
Either way, a few examples of idiots in college is certainly no evidence that campus life is just one big SJW circle-jerk. The fact is that there are plenty of examples of right-wing idiots on campus (you know, the likes who invite Milo Yiannopoulos to give a talk). The beauty of campus life is that it exposes you to all manner of ideologies and while some may embrace some of the more mindless, thoughtless attitudes, the fact is that most leave college life with some expanding of their mind and increased understanding of the World.
More education and more understanding will rarely lead to less accurate or correct views of the World.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

More college leftist madness....

Virginia Tech students physically block staircase because it discriminates against the handicapped

Students at Virginia Tech University participated in a “sit out” demonstration Thursday afternoon to protest a new set of stairs that are not “handicap accessible.”
For safety reasons, the university closed the old set of stairs after breaking ground on the construction of new dormitories, but built a separate staircase to allow students access to the same area during the construction. In order to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the same area is accessible to students with disabilities via a different route, however, it lengthens the trip by about three minutes, according to Heat Street.
Some students were not satisfied with the arrangement and showed their disdain by barricading the new set of stairs in what they called a “sit out.” The protesters would not let anyone walk up the 20-step staircase, holding up signs, some of which read, “Stairs not accessible, stairs not acceptable” and “Invent a future that includes disabled people.”

http://postnewsd2.blogspot.ca/2017/05/v ... block.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

What's madness about that? Your protest more mundane things daily. These students are exercising their right to free speech and representing the less fortunate. And you call them mad?

Students in a tech institute that hold signs saying invent a better future. Wow, madness!
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:What's madness about that? Your protest more mundane things daily. These students are exercising their right to free speech and representing the less fortunate. And you call them mad?

Students in a tech institute that hold signs saying invent a better future. Wow, madness!

Invent a better future...... [icon_lol2.gif]

I guess they don't realize they had a better past that is being destroyed right in front of there very eyes by globalization....

Those students should listen to their parents and grandparents in what use to be the greatest and freest nation on earth to live in....

Instead of their cool liberal radical professors....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

This what they allow on campus by anarchist students?

Racially charged, anarchic protests have engulfed Evergreen State College, a small, public liberal-arts institution.

The Campus Mob Came for Me—and You, Professor, Could Be Next

Whites were asked to leave for a ‘Day of Absence.’ I objected. Then 50 yelling students crashed my class.

By Bret Weinstein
May 30, 2017 7:38 p.m. ET
1053 COMMENTS

Olympia, Wash.

I was not expecting to hold my biology class in a public park last week. But then the chief of our college police department told me she could not protect me on campus. Protestors were searching cars for an unspecified individual—likely me—and her officers had been told to stand down, against her judgment, by the college president.

Racially charged, anarchic protests have engulfed Evergreen State College, a small, public liberal-arts institution where I have taught since 2003. In a widely disseminated video of the first recent protest on May 23, an angry mob of about 50 students disrupted my class, called me a racist, and demanded that I resign. My “racist” offense? I had challenged coercive segregation by race. Specifically, I had objected to a planned “Day of Absence” in which white people were asked to leave campus on April 12.

Day of Absence is a tradition at Evergreen. In previous years students and faculty of color organized a day on which they met off campus—a symbolic act based on the Douglas Turner Ward play in which all the black residents of a Southern town fail to show up one morning. This year, however, the formula was reversed. “White students, staff and faculty will be invited to leave the campus for the day’s activities,” the student newspaper reported, adding that the decision was reached after people of color “voiced concern over feeling as if they are unwelcome on campus, following the 2016 election.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-campus ... 1496187482

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

averagejoe wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:What's madness about that? Your protest more mundane things daily. These students are exercising their right to free speech and representing the less fortunate. And you call them mad?

Invent a better future...... [icon_lol2.gif]

I guess they don't realize they had a better past that is being destroyed right in front of there very eyes by globalization....

Those students should listen to their parents and grandparents in what use to be the greatest and freest nation on earth to live in....

Instead of their cool liberal radical professors....

The irony when people with poor spelling and grammar complain about education. The bigger irony of people who decry globalization but only comment on foreign politics and issues rather than participate in domestic politics.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

More college lunacy.....

Illegals demand subsidized healthcare, housing from Columbia

Illegal immigrants at Columbia University are demanding free health coverage, guaranteed housing, and mandatory “sensitivity training” for professors and staff.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9236

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

More leftwing college lunatics.....

Students Now Claim Louisiana State University’s Tiger Mascot is ‘Racist’ and ‘White Privilege’

A group of students at Louisiana State University is now demanding that the school eliminate its 122-year-old tiger mascot, because the animal represents “white privilege” and “racism.”

A change.org petition, entitled “Change the Racist Mascot of LSU!,” demands that the school take action to dump the tiger mascot because it was named “during the height of Jim Crow South.”

LSU named the tiger as its mascot back in 1895, taking the symbol from one of the state’s hardest fighting civil war battalions known as the “Louisiana Tigers.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/06 ... privilege/

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

INCREDIBLE VIDEO What Really Went Down at the SJW Takeover of Evergreen College
Government educated students in action.

Absolutely incredible.

f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed!

http://www.liberalsundermybed.com/
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

And I thought bullying was a rightwing thing? :135:

I guess not..... :smt045

More leftist loony tunes on campus...comrade stalin would be proud!

Yale Awards Student Bullies who Forced Faculty Members into Leaving

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markmeckle ... vid+Clarke

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

^That was a hilarious episode, but everyone knows Simpsons is all about satirizing society in a hyperbolic fashion. I'd like to think other posters here aren't being serious and are attempting to post intelligent satire, but from the generic insults about the 'left' and so on I really doubt it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

averagejoe wrote:More leftwing college lunatics.....

Students Now Claim Louisiana State University’s Tiger Mascot is ‘Racist’ and ‘White Privilege’

A group of students at Louisiana State University is now demanding that the school eliminate its 122-year-old tiger mascot, because the animal represents “white privilege” and “racism.”

A change.org petition, entitled “Change the Racist Mascot of LSU!,” demands that the school take action to dump the tiger mascot because it was named “during the height of Jim Crow South.”

LSU named the tiger as its mascot back in 1895, taking the symbol from one of the state’s hardest fighting civil war battalions known as the “Louisiana Tigers.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/06 ... privilege/

Is this a joke?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

averagejoe wrote:INCREDIBLE VIDEO What Really Went Down at the SJW Takeover of Evergreen College
Government educated students in action.

Absolutely incredible.

Blatant and disgusting racism at its worst. Just awful.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2017 ... 28238.html

A Washington state college was shut down Thursday following a threat sparked by racial tensions on campus.

Evergreen State College, a liberal arts college in Olympia, Wash., found itself in the middle of a national controversy after activists requested white people remove themselves from campus for a "Day of Absence" in April and one professor refused.

The First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services, who organized the event, said that it was necessary for white people to remove themselves this year unlike other years because some groups felt like “they are unwelcome on campus, following the 2016 election,” the college's student newspaper reported.

The day would be spent by non-white students and faculty attending activities and workshops that included topics such as ‘Decolonizing Gender’, ‘Can White People Ever Be Woke’, and ‘Cultural Genocide’.

In an article in The Wall Street Journal, Evergreen biology professor Bret Weinstein writes that he objected to the demonstration. The March 15 e-mail he sent to an organizer was published by the student newspaper and stated he would not voluntarily meet their request because he believed encouraging white people on campus to leave was "an act of oppression in and of itself."

Return to “World”