Comments on memes/cartoons/videos

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons

Post by Ka-El »

averagejoe wrote:Image

Ironically, we ask the same question of all you right extremists so unhappy to live in a country known for it's tolerance and inclusion. What the hell is stopping you from moving to a country where people are inspired to hate each other. Go.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Dizzy1 wrote:

Good Lord, even I could have done a better job photoshopping that picture :laugh:

When you're pushing "fake news" it is not about quality, but rather quantity. :smt045

*the people who would buy such nonsense are not going to be the brightest bulbs on the cord anyway.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote: What the hell is stopping you from moving to a country where people are inspired to hate each other. Go.

yet when it comes to "hate" it is hard to see much difference between the right or the left. Seeing Antifa scumbags attacking cops it makes it hard to swallow that only one side of the ledger is consumed by "hate". There seems to be a lot of it going around on both sides.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The Green Barbarian wrote:yet when it comes to "hate" it is hard to see much difference between the right or the left. Seeing Antifa scumbags attacking cops it makes it hard to swallow that only one side of the ledger is consumed by "hate". There seems to be a lot of it going around on both sides.

Intolerance of the intolerant is different than intolerance of innocent people.

To say they are two sides of the same coin is merely an attempt at intellectual gymnastics from someone who is incapable of sticking the landing.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Poindexter wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:yet when it comes to "hate" it is hard to see much difference between the right or the left. Seeing Antifa scumbags attacking cops it makes it hard to swallow that only one side of the ledger is consumed by "hate". There seems to be a lot of it going around on both sides.

Intolerance of the intolerant is different than intolerance of innocent people.

To say they are two sides of the same coin is merely an attempt at intellectual gymnastics from someone who is incapable of sticking the landing.

Yes, in this day and age one expects people to have some understanding of the paradox of tolerance, either explicitly or implicitly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
I am no fan of antifa, but the false equivalence that the apologists for the right like to use, and the disingenuous use of the term "left" is pathetic in this day and age.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Verum wrote: I am no fan of antifa, but the false equivalence that the apologists for the right like to use, and the disingenuous use of the term "left" is pathetic in this day and age.

"That's what you are but what am I?"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Verum wrote:Yes, in this day and age one expects people to have some understanding of the paradox of tolerance, either explicitly or implicitly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
I am no fan of antifa, but the false equivalence that the apologists for the right like to use, and the disingenuous use of the term "left" is pathetic in this day and age.

How does one even attempt to verify who is worse or more violent? It seems to be all based upon opinions and conjectures as to whether it's false equivalency or not. Bad ideas should be condemned, and violence/thuggery should be condemned. Legal peaceful protests are fine no matter how repugnant the ideas held by the protestors are. I would guess that 95% of the protests on both sides are peaceful, but they don't get media attention until they escalate into violence, which, if you want attention for your cause, means you have the temptation to cause violence just to get attention.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Verum wrote:Image

Not 100% BUT A MASSIVE CHANGE AND AWESOME TO READ ABOUT.

caps off........I don't know if this can be duplicated, however with the gates foundation receiving literally BILLIONS from people like Buffet and others can this really not be repeated in a practical fashion?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

^^^ These are the results of investment spending. Imagine the outcomes on a much larger scale.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Ka-El wrote:^^^ These are the results of investment spending. Imagine the outcomes on a much larger scale.

And groups like the gates foundation have more money than god and could implement this, done by a group that seems to care will get a result better than governments tossing cash at "programs"

Get government involved and instantly things go to crap.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Veovis wrote: Get government involved and instantly things go to crap.

Yes. The problem there, I would suggest, is bureaucracy and lack of accountability. I have seen programs
funded by government but delivered by non-profit agencies that have been very effective.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

:spitcoffee: :laugh: way too much chemtrail exposure
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

averagejoe wrote:From William Cooper who predicted 9-11 just month before it happened.

Full text:
https://rdgable.files.wordpress.com/201 ... -horse.pdf

the ideas and conclusions expressed in this book are mine alone. It is possible that one or more conclusions may be wrong”

Yeah...I’d say it leans quite heavily to the latter...I especially like the sections about Alien Implants.maybe next time base your argument on a work of fiction more heavily inspired by reality. Like Harry Potter.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Awesome find! Great read for everyone written back in 1990.... :up:

https://rdgable.files.wordpress.com/201 ... -horse.pdf
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I forgot to thank you for posting!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “World”