Comments on memes/cartoons/videos

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons/videos

Post by The Green Barbarian »

kelownman wrote: May 28th, 2024, 2:28 pm
Screenshot 2024-05-28 145722.png
Biden dodged serving in the military too, by faking asthma. Why is that never mentioned? Why is that only Trump is called out for "dodging"? What about Biden??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or brown or white or whatever the hell color you are — it doesn’t matter. We are all Americans, and we are going to pull together as Americans!” - Donald J. Trump, soon to be president-elect 2024.
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

The Green Barbarian wrote: May 28th, 2024, 2:59 pm
kelownman wrote: May 28th, 2024, 2:28 pm Screenshot 2024-05-28 145722.png
Biden dodged serving in the military too, by faking asthma. Why is that never mentioned? Why is that only Trump is called out for "dodging"? What about Biden??
A little fact checking goes a long way.

"Biden did receive five draft deferments — but they were granted first because he was a college student, and later a law student. Following a 1968 physical exam, he received a different classification exempting him from service because of his asthma."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... dge-draft/
In my defense, I was left unsupervised!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Old Sailor wrote: May 28th, 2024, 3:41 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: May 28th, 2024, 2:59 pm

A little fact checking goes a long way.
^^^
Exactly. Biden dodged the draft, just like Clinton, Trump, Dick Cheney and Bush Jr. did. I don't blame any of them, that was a horrible war and any means to avoid fighting in it I see as respectable. I just find it hilarious that somehow Trump's dodge was any different or less cowardly than Biden's dodging of the draft. They are basically identical. If you want to call Trump a coward and label him "Colonel bone spurs", then you have to call Biden a coward and "Captain asthmatic". You don't get to have it both ways.
Joe Biden’s Draft Record Looks a Lot Like Donald Trump’s. Do Democrats Care?

He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build. He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college. He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

No, not bone spurs. Asthma.

And his name was Joe Biden.

Just a few months before President Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” former high school football star Biden got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.” It was one of five deferments Biden received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war. The year 1968 was one of the bloodiest of the Vietnam conflict with 296,406 Americans drafted into military service — the second-highest during the war.

SNIP

DID BIDEN DODGE THE DRAFT?

There’s no denying that, by all appearances, the Joe Biden of 1968 was the picture of health. During his time at Archmere Academy, Biden excelled at sports. And while he once falsely claimed he played for the University of Delaware football team, he considered playing on the team (he chose to focus on his double-major in history and political science instead, he says) and he was active in intramural sports.

As the Associated Press noted in 2008, “Promises to Keep,” Biden’s best-selling memoir, “never mentions his asthma, recounting an active childhood, work as a lifeguard and football exploits in high school.”
https://insidesources.com/joe-bidens-dr ... rats-care/
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or brown or white or whatever the hell color you are — it doesn’t matter. We are all Americans, and we are going to pull together as Americans!” - Donald J. Trump, soon to be president-elect 2024.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

As someone who serves and spent time in Vietnam he might have avoided the draft but just as easily could have volunteered. Many who got their draft notices quickly saw a recruiter and joined the Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard. (We called them shallow water sailors).

I hold nothing but respect for the ones who served but none for those who avoided.

My response when asked what I as a Canadian doing there replied that for every 10 who ran to Canada we sent 1 to replace them. Most laughed but a few didn't like my joke. lol
I haven't spoken to my Wife in 18 months...I hate to interrupt her!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Bsuds wrote: May 28th, 2024, 5:30 pm As someone who serves and spent time in Vietnam he might have avoided the draft but just as easily could have volunteered. Many who got their draft notices quickly saw a recruiter and joined the Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard. (We called them shallow water sailors).

I hold nothing but respect for the ones who served but none for those who avoided.
Thanks for that perspective. Having been to Vietnam a few times, I just find that whole conflict so sad and also so avoidable. Vietnamese people are some of the nicest, most polite people I've ever met. You would think that they'd be consumed with bitterness over what happened in that war but they have done the healthiest thing possible, they've forgiven and moved on. Something I wish everyone could do everywhere.
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

normaM wrote: May 29th, 2024, 4:09 am Image
20240529_050315.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

and here I thought you were a Justin supporter :P
I see another Forum romance is brewing, ah Love :p
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

77TA wrote: May 29th, 2024, 5:05 am
normaM wrote: May 29th, 2024, 4:09 am Image
20240529_050315.jpg
That makes way more sense now - wasn't sure why Musk was in that meme.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

you are baffled.. must start paying attention to the News
Since Musk took over x the value has fallen 71%
Over a fith of the former Twitter users no longer use it
Yea, you are welcome - maybe get outside, enjoy the smell of rain coming. Kick a kitten
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote: May 29th, 2024, 10:25 am you are baffled.. must start paying attention to the News
Since Musk took over x the value has fallen 71%
Can you provide a link to this statement?

In terms of turning Twitter into an actual viable company that serves all instead of just the disgusting and evil liars on the Left, Musk did mankind a huge service. Twitter's actions during the Hunter Biden laptop scandal alone were enough that they needed to kick out the bozos at the top. When you are supposed to be supporting free speech and blatantly support one presidential candidate to the point of deplatforming those who are trying to get out the truth, you just plain suck. Thank you Elon.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Bsuds wrote: May 29th, 2024, 7:08 am
Screenshot 2024-05-29 111326.png
That looks identical to Biden's chest X-ray for asthma...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote: May 29th, 2024, 12:49 pm
Screenshot 2024-05-29 132647.png
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee:

DeNiro honestly thought that he could show up at the trial, spew a bunch of TDS, and not be confronted. These idiots really live in a bubble.
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

The Green Barbarian wrote: May 29th, 2024, 1:27 pm
Glacier wrote: May 29th, 2024, 12:49 pm Screenshot 2024-05-29 132647.png
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee:

DeNiro honestly thought that he could show up at the trial, spew a bunch of TDS, and not be confronted. These idiots really live in a bubble.
What a complete fool De Niro made of himself. I almost feel sorry for him but not really. That's one of the worst displays of full on TDS I've seen in quite a while with extra strength derangement. He must be trying to get a job on the veiw. Maybe he's broke.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Bobby's net worth is 500 million
You even close to that?
He supported veterans as opposed to calling them suckers and loser
Sucker :/
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

Screenshot_20240529_154717_Samsung Internet.jpg
Robert De Neurological disorder supports insanity. Sad...sad.
Trump supports veterans. R.DeNutjob has lost it.
I'm sure he has his boot lickers still.
Loser

Return to “World”