Radical Leftist shoots Republicans at baseball practice

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Radical Leftist shoots Republicans at baseball practice

Post by maryjane48 »

if thats the case then how do you explain timothy mcvie? how many people met their death from a rightwing nutcase ? or the unibomber ? kent state was also rightwing extremists trying to portray students as communists . i disagree with the idea the left is committing 85 percent when its untrue . :smt045

infact name these leftists that have killed all these folks and the numbers . im pretty sure mcvie murdered over 200 ppl .
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

How about changing thread title to - radical extremist shoots civil servant at baseball game.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

maryjane48 wrote:if thats the case then how do you explain timothy mcvie? how many people met their death from a rightwing nutcase ? or the unibomber ? kent state was also rightwing extremists trying to portray students as communists . i disagree with the idea the left is committing 85 percent when its untrue . :smt045

infact name these leftists that have killed all these folks and the numbers . im pretty sure mcvie murdered over 200 ppl .

"timothy mcvie" was 22 years ago, and his motives were not political. In more recent times, say like the past two years most politically motivated attacks have been from the left. Of course, combining the two pales in comparison to those committed by the religion of peace.

2017ramadanbomathon.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

the past two years most politically motivated attacks have been from the left.

Radical right militia hate crimes vs radical left militia hate crimes. Think I'd put my money on the right.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Glacier wrote:...
"timothy mcvie" was 22 years ago, and his motives were not political.

Sorry, but if you read his explanations for his motivation, they are clearly political. It may be hard to discern his leanings, though most would put him as right-wing, with small government and white-supremacist overtones.

In more recent times, say like the past two years most politically motivated attacks have been from the left. Of course, combining the two pales in comparison to those committed by the religion of peace.

2017ramadanbomathon.jpg

Again, most would see religious extremists as at least somewhat right-wing and that attacks by such extremists as definitely being somewhat political in nature. You may not feel that way, but some of your attitude and argument seems to border on the "no true scotsman" fallacy. Basically, I suspect that rather than accept that someone is right-wing and the violence they perpetrate is an expression of such views, you disown them and it because it doesn't it doesn't fit with your view of what it is to be right-wing. I could be wrong, but it is the same as those on the left who would deny that Hodgkinson was left-wing because he engaged in extremely violent actions using a weapon that the left traditionally rail against.

Also, an example of Trump supporter brilliance and attempts at censorship, including threats of violence:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40332236

But again, focusing on the divide only makes things worse. Trying to blame either side does little to actually try to resolve the problem, which is the rise of extremism and the willingness for people to devalue the lives and opinions of those who disagree with them.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

This guy, Jeff Flake, a Republican Senator, seems to actually get it (from 2 minutes on for those who are impatient):
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/19/sen-flake-scalise-shooting-partisan-politics-hateful-political-rhetoric
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

neilsimon wrote:But again, focusing on the divide only makes things worse. Trying to blame either side does little to actually try to resolve the problem, which is the rise of extremism and the willingness for people to devalue the lives and opinions of those who disagree with them.

Exactly. That's what I said in my last post on the previous page!

I put forward my opinion that the left is causing more violence than the right. I could be wrong because it's merely anecdotal as is your opinion, so we can only agree to disagree in the absence of hard data. It matter not to me who is responsible for the most violence; I only care about the truth. It just seems like the ones in the news have been largely these "Antifa" protestors.

What I mean by Timothy McVeigh is that it's hard to know if he was left or right in terms of motivation. You seem to have admitted that, but you are flat out wrong to say he as motivated by race. The only thing we know is that he was upset with how the government handled Waco standoff. This was not race based.

I do not believe in dividing the world into left and right when determining someone's motive. We have to be more specific than that. Every single major political party is a coalition of different and often competing ideologies -- a big tent as it were. Let's take your beloved NDP for example. You have environmentalists and unionists who oppose each other on resource extraction. Similarly Conservatives, Liberals, etc. are a coalition.

Now, if a so called "green conservative" were to bomb a pipeline, I think we should call it ecoterrorism, not right-wing terrorism. Likewise, if it's a left-wing greenie or a Muslim. How they are defined on the political spectrum shouldn't determine how we label the attack; only the motives for the attack should do that.

You say that Islamic fundamentalists are right-wing, but that's not true politically. Culturally and socially they might be conservative, but that's not the same thing as right-wing. The Muslims who align with the right are the socially liberal Muslims like Asra Nomani while the most Fundamentalist Muslims who promote replacing the Constitution with Shariah Law support the Democrats (eg. Linda Sarsour). This is because the likes of Nomani want individual liberty while Sarsour is focused on the Ummah or collective.

By contrast, socially conservative Christians (eg. Ted Cruz) tend to be more right-wing politically, than liberal Christians (eg. Micheal Moore).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Poindexter wrote:
Radical right militia hate crimes .

Radical right wing militia hate crimes? Where?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40332616

"The one thing that far right anti-Muslim extremists and violent jihadists have in common is the belief that peaceful coexistence between Muslim and non-Muslim is impossible.

The unified prayers and solidarity across communities that followed recent terror attacks are anathema to them. Extremists of both types want instead to divide society and will keep trying to bring this about by criminal acts of provocation such as this."
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Honest question: What if they can't coexist? What if we are deluding ourselves?
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/an-accurate- ... -cms-15532

this is tim mcvieghs own words. he was a racist rightwing christian .alex jones is a mellow version mcviegh
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.ethicsdaily.com/an-accurate-look-at-timothy-mcveighs-beliefs-cms-15532

this is tim mcvieghs own words. he was a racist rightwing christian .alex jones is a mellow version mcviegh

The topic is crazy leftist shoots republicans. Nothing to do with Oklahoma city false flag attack
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

When leftists attack....

BREAKING: Pro Trump Activist Stabbed 9 Times

LOS ANGELES – An avid Trump supporter and a man that has been vocal and active in the conservative movement was stabbed nine times near a Santa Monica bar Saturday night following a Trump rally.

http://theredelephants.com/breaking-tru ... d-9-times/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:When leftists attack....

BREAKING: Pro Trump Activist Stabbed 9 Times

LOS ANGELES – An avid Trump supporter and a man that has been vocal and active in the conservative movement was stabbed nine times near a Santa Monica bar Saturday night following a Trump rally.

http://theredelephants.com/breaking-tru ... d-9-times/

Where is the evidence that those who attacked him were politically motivated?
Just because someone is politically active doesn't make every attack against them a politically motivated attack. Now, they might be, but nothing in the linked article demonstrates that the attack was political in nature.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.ethicsdaily.com/an-accurate-look-at-timothy-mcveighs-beliefs-cms-15532

There's no question that Alex Jones is a Christian. However, McVeigh was agnostic who claimed science was his religion, though you are right that he has previous said that he believed in God. If he was Christian, it would be a cultural connection.

As for being right wing, I don't know. I claims to have bombed in retaliation for the government killing people, and justified in that the government was allowed to invade Iraq. If being upset with the US invading Middle Eastern countries and killing people is right-wing, I guess he was.

As for Alex Jones, yes there is some similarities, though I think he's more clearly right-wing. He's against Bush and invading Iraq like McVeigh, and thinks 9/11 is an inside job, but in 2017 he's definitely right-wing in that he supports Trump and border security.

As for McVeigh wanting to start a race war, that's not true. If he was making a racial attack he wouldn't have targeted a racially neutral site, and would have instead targeted a black church or an area of the city where black congregate in high numbers. That is not to say he wasn't racist. Pretty much everyone who carries out terrorist attacks is a supremacist of one kind or another; there's very strong correlation between racism and violence.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “World”