History of antiifa

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: History of antiifa

Post by neilsimon »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:i condem nazis and their sympathisers gb . you seem to support them .

How can I say I support them? THis is such a disgusting comment and you should horribly ashamed of yourself. ...

You have repeatedly made suggestions that the likes of Antifa, BLM, etc. should be lumped in with the likes of the KKK, neo-Nazis, etc. That kind of moral equivalence is seen by many, if not most, as essentially sympathising with the KKK and neo-Nazis. You are somewhat equating those who stand up against hatred and oppression of people with those who would oppress and even exterminate people.

Most people have significant sympathy for BLM and Antifa, even if they disagree with their methods and actions of some of their supporters. It's hard not to when racism and oppression are still such a part of public and daily life.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:antifa celebrating Communist May 1st in Nashville

May 1st isn't particularly Communist and is celebrated in lots of countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Day
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

neilsimon wrote:Most people have significant sympathy for BLM and Antifa, even if they disagree with their methods and actions of some of their supporters. It's hard not to when racism and oppression are still such a part of public and daily life.

Duh antifa has a history threw out Europe of killing people from it's start.

antifa was the muscle of the German communist party and killed scores of Germans for Moscow's 's Soviet world revolution....

Read what I post.....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

averagejoe wrote:antifa celebrating Communist May 1st in Nashville

neilsimon wrote:May 1st isn't particularly Communist and is celebrated in lots of countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Day

The Communist First of May

Since the foundation of the Communist International, containing all the revolutionary forces of the world proletariat, the international manifestation of May Day has taken on a character of working-class solidarity which it never possessed before.

Previously, when the Second International had resolved to choose the first day of May as the occasion to affirm the universal fraternity of the workers, the annual demonstration of the exploited of every country was a luminous symbol. But the Second International shed itself of its revolutionary spirit, and sunk more and more in opportunism, whilst the general strike of the May Day also lost its revolutionary spirit, for which was substituted an overweening concern for the “practical.” And during the war when, more than ever, the solidarity of the proletariat was a pressing necessity, when Imperialism intensified the oppression and the exploitation of the producing class, the International backed out, and its weakening parties traitorously renounced the traditional celebration of May Day.

In the dark days of the war, which saw the submission of the peoples to their dominant oligarchies, the Russian Revolution, voicing the international popular demands, sounded the awakening of the proletariat, resuscitated its class-consciousness, and stimulated its energies. May Day 1917 saw in Russia an inspiring manifestation of which the echo has resounded through the two worlds. In 1918 the First of May was for the first time celebrated by a people master of their own destinies. In 1919 the world’s working class will commemorate the historic day by a general stoppage, which presents in the` several countries a revolutionary aspect under the influence of Communism.

http://www.marxistsfr.org/history//etol ... /04/29.htm
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:
neilsimon wrote:Most people have significant sympathy for BLM and Antifa, even if they disagree with their methods and actions of some of their supporters. It's hard not to when racism and oppression are still such a part of public and daily life.

Duh antifa has a history threw out Europe of killing people from it's start.

antifa was the muscle of the German communist party and killed scores of Germans for Moscow's 's Soviet world revolution....

Read what I post.....

I read some of it. As in other places you like to oversimplify to satisfy your own narrative.

Firstly, they are different organisations. It's the same way that the IRA who fought for Irish freedom from Britain before 1921 aren't the same crowd who engaged in terrorist attacks from the late 1960s on. Modern Antifa grew in Germany as a force against the rise of neo-Nazism in the 60s. Antifa in North America is a different group too. I don't support any violent methods at all, so I disagree with their methods, but at the same time, I can accept that by and large their motives are not to subjugate or exterminate races or such, and more to fight against such. They do not tolerate intolerance of others. That I support and that is the source of my sympathy for their motives, even though I condemn any unnecessary violence.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Neil...Before you support a group you should investigate it's history first.

antifa has a long history of oppressing peoples threw out Europe who don't fit their criteria.

The killing of unarmed fascist Priests and Nuns before and during the Spanish Civil War is a great example to people as to what happens who the anti-facists take holed of a nation.

neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:...

The Communist First of May

Since the foundation of the Communist International, containing all the revolutionary forces of the world proletariat, the international manifestation of May Day has taken on a character of working-class solidarity which it never possessed before.

Previously, when the Second International had resolved to choose the first day of May as the occasion to affirm the universal fraternity of the workers, the annual demonstration of the exploited of every country was a luminous symbol. But the Second International shed itself of its revolutionary spirit, and sunk more and more in opportunism, whilst the general strike of the May Day also lost its revolutionary spirit, for which was substituted an overweening concern for the “practical.” And during the war when, more than ever, the solidarity of the proletariat was a pressing necessity, when Imperialism intensified the oppression and the exploitation of the producing class, the International backed out, and its weakening parties traitorously renounced the traditional celebration of May Day.

In the dark days of the war, which saw the submission of the peoples to their dominant oligarchies, the Russian Revolution, voicing the international popular demands, sounded the awakening of the proletariat, resuscitated its class-consciousness, and stimulated its energies. May Day 1917 saw in Russia an inspiring manifestation of which the echo has resounded through the two worlds. In 1918 the First of May was for the first time celebrated by a people master of their own destinies. In 1919 the world’s working class will commemorate the historic day by a general stoppage, which presents in the` several countries a revolutionary aspect under the influence of Communism.

http://www.marxistsfr.org/history//etol ... /04/29.htm

May Day is widely celebrated as Labour Day, and just because Communists celebrate it doesn't mean that every celebration of it is communist. Or, would you stop celebrating Christmas because communists celebrated it (from 1999 Cuba has celebrated it)?
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

averagejoe wrote:Neil...Before you support a group you should investigate it's history first.

antifa has a long history of oppressing peoples threw out Europe who don't fit their criteria.

The killing of unarmed fascist Priests and Nuns before and during the Spanish Civil War is a great example to people as to what happens who the anti-facists take holed of a nation.

I never claimed to support Antifa. Also, Antifa isn't a single entity despite your continued attempt to portray them as such.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

neilsimon wrote:Modern Antifa grew in Germany as a force against the rise of neo-Nazism in the 60s. Antifa in North America is a different group too. I don't support any violent methods at all, so I disagree with their methods, but at the same time, I can accept that by and large their motives are not to subjugate or exterminate races or such, and more to fight against such. They do not tolerate intolerance of others. That I support and that is the source of my sympathy for their motives, even though I condemn any unnecessary violence.

You need to listen a little closer to them as to who is really intolerant.
And who they want to kill and exterminate.....same message as the in Europe in the 1930's.

Checkout Stalin's list of operations as to who was being exterminated next.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

averagejoe wrote:Neil...Before you support a group you should investigate it's history first.

neilsimon wrote:The killing of unarmed fascist Priests and Nuns before and during the Spanish Civil War is a great example to people as to what happens who the anti-facists take holed of a nation.

I never claimed to support Antifa. Also, Antifa isn't a single entity despite your continued attempt to portray them as such.

They are the militant section of leftist ideology......

Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Oh, poor Nazis are being bullied. If only somebody was here to hug them and raise awareness of poor Nazis being beaten by evil Antifa.

Let's have a Hug a Nazi Day in Canada.

Return to “World”