Germany election far right wins seats first time in 60 year

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Germany election far right wins seats first time in 60 year

Post by the truth »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/24/europe/ge ... index.html says it all does it not , tells you how angry people are about the immagration situation that is going on in germany
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: germany election far right wins seats first time in 60

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote: , tells you how angry people are about the immagration situation that is going on in germany

tells us how some people seem to have forgotten how well that far-right, anti-immigration thing worked out for them last time.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya ,you can thank the far left for these kinds of groups, resurfacing , sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

German far-right leader walks out of presser

German far-right leader walks out of presser 02:11
Berlin (CNN)The leadership of the hardline Alternative for Germany party was in disarray Monday, a day after its historic breakthrough in the German elections delivered a stinging blow to Chancellor Angela Merkel's authority.

At a press conference in Berlin that was intended to burnish the AfD's success, its chairwoman Frauke Petry walked out. She declared that she would not sit with the party in the Bundestag and said it had to address dissent within its own ranks.

guess she didnt figure on her party being nazi 2.0
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

every party has in fighting, nothing new
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:

what makes them "Nazi 2.0" exactly? Does this make Merkel "Stalin 2.0"?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote:ya ,you can thank the far left for these kinds of groups, resurfacing , sad but true

:smt045 ya, that's a typical right response - always looking elsewhere for something to blame for their failed thinking.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:

what makes them "Nazi 2.0" exactly? Does this make Merkel "Stalin 2.0"?

exactly.................
Chyren
Board Meister

Re: Germany election far right wins seats first time in 60

Post by Chyren »

Who cares. They didn't win. They won't even have much of a say. All their win did was show that a percentage of people have extreme Right values in society. How is this even news?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Chyren wrote:Who cares. They didn't win. They won't even have much of a say. All their win did was show that a percentage of people have extreme Right values in society. How is this even news?

Because it's becoming a trend world wide it seems.

AS PC and other movements get far too extreme, religious zealots get minimal punishments for transgressions, so do the far rights get wound up.

what seems to be happening all over is that the countries playing nice and worrying too much about feelings are finding a polarization of their populations. This isn't a good thing. Trump polarizes people, Germany is dividing, and so on until we have fractures in actual countries if we continue on these routes.

I think governments need to get back to leading and being responsible worldwide and worry less about selfies and stopping policy for warm fuzzy feelings and enact police that is practical and good for THE PEOPLE, not the loudest people.

Add to that pretty much all media does is trow gas on the fires to get a few more hits out of it.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I think people forget that Merkel is center right. I’m not sure how you could make any association between her and Stalin. At least not he same way you could between a far tiff group, and a far right leader.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lets face the facts
.trump has exposed nazi like folks in different countries around the world and with the exception of some backwards ex soviet cou tries they get rejected . :130: but some castanet supporters of these right nazis cant help themselves from posting praise with these mentaly ill far right radicals
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Veovis wrote:
Chyren wrote:Who cares. They didn't win. They won't even have much of a say. All their win did was show that a percentage of people have extreme Right values in society. How is this even news?

Because it's becoming a trend world wide it seems.

It can be argued this trend toward nationalist populism has been stoked by vested interests who would benefit from increased national and global conflict and divisiveness. Certainly, most of us can easily see how Trump used that trend to fuel his run for president. Thankfully, it can now also be argued that Trump's election victory, and especially his presidency to date, has been a wakeup call to the world. It is quite possible the far-right in Germany might have done far better had it not been for the lessons the Trump presidency has already provided. That could be his greatest legacy - a lesson on what not to do.

Trump is a wake-up call for the free world

Democracy is always in peril because it is not something granted forever. I believe that Ronald Reagan was right when he said that freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It’s for this generation to actually rediscover democracy and make sure you can strengthen it. Yet I was glad Trump was elected because he is a wake-up call for Americans, since there is always complacency here. When I talk about human rights problems in Russia, China or Iran, Americans are always dismissive, saying: “Well, we will never experience the same.” I’d respond: “Are you sure?”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/col ... story.html
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:lets face the facts
.trump has exposed nazi like folks in different countries around the world

It's this kind of nonsense that is only going to make voting for these people even more popular. Insulting people who think differently from you only makes them even more angry and more willing to go even further out on the spectrum. This strategy is just so dumb it defies all logic and reason, to the point of being insane, in that you keep doing the same thing, expecting a different result. I for one was so glad to see the pompous idiots on the Left on Election night in the US taking it right in the face, and I'm still enjoying it, and I know I will be enjoying it again in 2020 when Trump wins another term. And the same people still won't get it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “World”