Gays against guns

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Gays against guns

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.gaysagainstguns.net/

they are staging a protest against americas lax gun laws which directly lead to a person being able to get high kill rate guns .
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Gays against guns

Post by Even Steven »

LOL I guess it's true when they say "Anybody who doesn't like guns is gay"
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.gaysagainstguns.net/

they are staging a protest against americas lax gun laws which directly lead to a person being able to get high kill rate guns .

As a gun owner I agree with gun laws but stricter laws won't restrict the people that want to commit crimes and obtain as you call them, high kill rate guns. With a bit of searching online, you can buy a kit that converts a fully legal AR15 semi auto gun to full auto.....criminals will always find a way.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It stands to reason that they would be upset.
I think the term "straight shooter" bothers them.
Black Dogs Matter
spooker

Post by spooker »

How often do we need to see stories about "2-year-old kills grandpa with his own gun" before something changes?

It's not that everyone should be against guns ... it's that we should be against stupid gun ownership ... and yes, I can't bring this up with my niece who is convinced that since she served in the military that she is perfectly fine having a pistol in her purse when she leaves the house ...

Guns have a purpose ... but it should only relate to hunting for food (not possible zombies) ... anything else is a waste of resources ...
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

spooker wrote:How often do we need to see stories about "2-year-old kills grandpa with his own gun" before something changes?

It's not that everyone should be against guns ... it's that we should be against stupid gun ownership ... and yes, I can't bring this up with my niece who is convinced that since she served in the military that she is perfectly fine having a pistol in her purse when she leaves the house ...

Guns have a purpose ... but it should only relate to hunting for food (not possible zombies) ... anything else is a waste of resources ...

Why can't guns be for sport? I spend many hours at the range shooting..it's a great hobby.
spooker

Post by spooker »

vegas1500 wrote:Why can't guns be for sport? I spend many hours at the range shooting..it's a great hobby.

I was about to leave that in my post but took it out in the end ... but it felt a little bit too much like a "hold my beer" type of opportunity for the tone I was aiming for ... if we leave too many "exceptions" as human beings we love to take advantage of them ...
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.gaysagainstguns.net/

Well I know gay people who like guns so how dare they try to speak for all gay people.

Return to “World”