Fake news? Look to the right

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Fake news? Look to the right

Post by Verum »

JagXKR wrote:
Verum wrote:Can you please point to where I touted CNN as a reliable source without others corroborating their story?
Yes, I didn't think so. I'm not a fan of CNN, but don't let facts get in the way of your outrage. Typical of right-wing fake news.

Never said you touted CNN. So your allegation is unwarranted. I asked a question regarding media, never said you aspire to be a CNN supporter. Typical left wing outrage. Don't let those facts get in your way.

The fact that CNN is more readily available to the unwashed masses of stupidity in the USA is very prevalent to any understanding of media bias and media brainwashing. Vast majority of US citizens have never heard of RT but most have heard of CNN. They have more effect on the weak minded. They are the most untrustworthy of all mainstream media.
My opinion of course.

Fox News is about as biased and accurate as CNN. Both are similarly widely available. Comparing RT to CNN as the choices available to the US audience is such an oversimplification as to be meaningless.

My comment on RT as propaganda was solely about stories relating to Russia and her interests. To quote Media Bias/Fact Check:
Highly biased toward Russia and occasionally runs Pro-state conspiracy stories. Although coverage is typically right of center when covering USA news they also do promote pro-Russian propaganda

RT is probably a better source for non-US, and non-Russia news than CNN and Fox, but the original RT story posted was relating to both countries and therefore highly suspect as propaganda.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

RT is probably a better source for non-US, and non-Russia news than CNN and Fox, but the original RT story posted was relating to both countries and therefore highly suspect as propaganda.

When I check RT against CNN the reporting is right of center. What I do not like about CNN is the rolling of eyes and the shaking of heads personal commits I want NEWS without personal views I like to think I can come to my own conclusion.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Two liberals sit down to discuss the 4 types of fake news...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Two liberals sit down to discuss the 4 types of fake news...

I think they sum it about as good as anyone
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRPDGEgaATU

Fake news comes from all sides of the media. Fox, cnn, Washington post, info wars etc. Which is why I turn to YouTube to get all other angles the mainstream media misses. Get the facts straight from the sources and you’ll see that it’s the identity politics in general that is the problem. I’m a fiscal conservative atheist with some liberal morals. Compute that lol.

Just because you’re a liberal doesn’t make you a good person
Just because you’re a republican doesn’t make you a bad person
Just because people support trump doesn’t mean they completely agree with him
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Up until this lawsuit, Alex Jones has gotten paid by his clueless followers for spreading his vile lies, now the parents of the children in the Sandy Hook massacre would like him to be the one who pays in court. Hopefully this trial actually happens and turns out to be the first step in holding these conspiracy jockeys accountable for the damage their intentional lies cause.

Families of Sandy Hook victims could force Alex Jones to admit his outrageous lie
FAMILIES OF SIX MORE Sandy Hook victims filed a defamation suit last month against Alex Jones, the nation’s premier conspiracy peddler, with millions of followers on his far-right InfoWars website.

That’s because Jones has repeatedly said the 2012 Newtown massacre that killed 20 first-graders and six educators was staged. And his followers have repeatedly attacked the families of the dead as liars, and worse.

snip

Or is it possible, just possible, that lawsuits and a public shaming of Alex Jones could help those now living in never-never land return to planet Earth?

It’s not clear how much Jones himself actually believes of what he spews. During Jones’s custody battle with his ex-wife (he lost), his lawyer said the InfoWars star is a performance artist “playing a character.”

Maybe Jones is just about the money: The barrel chested, hyper-macho broadcaster, who routinely appears shirtless in ads, reportedly makes millions on dietary supplements like InfoWars Life Brain Force and Life Liver Shield.

“It’s a brilliant business model,” wrote Seth Brown in New York magazine. “If you can be convinced that President Obama was a member of Al Qaeda, perhaps you will buy two ounces of InfoWars Life Super Male Vitality drops for $59.95.”

But the Newtown lawsuits are aimed at ending something more sinister: the twisted behavior that Jones’s conspiratorialist claptrap inspires. That is, “the unconscionable campaign of harassment, lies, and abuse [these families] have suffered at the hands of Alex Jones and his co-conspirators,” as Matt Blumenthal of the Connecticut law firm Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder puts it.

Last year Jones devotee Lucy Richards, a woman with significant mental health problems, was sentenced to five months in prison for repeated death threats against Leonard Pozner, father of murdered 6-year-old Noah Pozner. Other families have reported being chased through town by Sandy Hook deniers demanding proof of their children’s deaths. One frightened family moved from their home to a gated community, where they check door and window locks nightly before bed.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bostong ... O/amp.html
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Another shameful lie, but what else can we expect from Sean Hannity.

Sean Hannity ties Annapolis newspaper shooting to Maxine Waters

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ine-waters
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Poindexter wrote:Another shameful lie, but what else can we expect from Sean Hannity.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ine-waters

Here is the full audio of the radio show. Can you tell us the exact time where he said this so we can hear...

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/libe ... -comments/

Not that it really matters as every day the left calls for violence against Conservatives....just look at the military wing of the Democratic Party. Antifa
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
happylada

Post by happylada »

Hillarious!!!

And then we have the multiple stories from the "media' that are either entirely fabricated, twisted beyond recognition or utterly ignored because they don't fit their narrative.

I KNOW this is old news - but just as happened to think of this as the US prepares to select another Supreme court Justice - and the left pulls out its 'sexual assault" weapon with fake and false news yet again - in a pattern that is unusually effective - if utterly false

They failed with Clarence Thomas. The succeeded with Herman Cain and Roy Moore. Once the election is over, those allegations disappear. Yet on the left no number of 'accusations" seem to matter. Bubba was elected with both rape and sexual assaults made - and payments made to cover them up. NO problem - he was a Democrat.

The recent #metoo movement's targets are almost exclusively on the left - a point never made.

There have been HOW MANY Conservative newspeople who have been suspended from making up stories?

How many Conservative newspeople have been fired for sexual assaults and false stories?

That tells you the difference between the left and rifht and their presentation of propaganda masquerading as news.
happylada

Post by happylada »

Poindexter wrote:Another shameful lie, but what else can we expect from Sean Hannity.

I note that Anti-Trump reporter for Reuters Rob Cox blamed TRUMP within minutes of the deaths - Fake-news outlets ignore it.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... trump.html

Hannity jumped the gun, but it was a LOGICAL first reaction - the guy was a leftist, and Mad Maxine had just made an emotional (what else does the left have?) appeal to her insane followers to confront (that is a term for physical interaction) those on the right - and various folk have different definitions of confront.

Scalese was "confronted" - to use Mad Maxine's (voted the most corrupt senator in America) term - by an active Democrat who came to a baseball game with the intent to kill Republicans; that was BEFORE that activism being endorsed by Waters, and now Moore.

SO cut Hannity some slack - he had no way of knowing this was about a long standing feud. And in FACT, if the shooter considered the paper to be CONSERVATIVE, Mad Maxine's encouragement might have been all that was needed to escalate the LEGAL issue into a VIOLENT one. Some of these leftist are NOT to bright. And they are largely motivated by emotion, like experienced reporter for Reuters, Rob Cox. So even seasoned reporters that lean left can suffer from Trump Derangement syndrome in uncontrollable ways. WHY not a basement-dwelling bun-wearing irrational Democrat?

Hannity's overhasty reaction was no worse than so many made by the "fake news" folk, which they have to walk back. At least he didn't dump the stock market like ANOTHER hasty conclusion by a lame-stream pundit.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... AjbeDTk9Qj
Last edited by happylada on Jun 29th, 2018, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Interestingly, those who trust news media seem to be better at identifying the difference between facts and opinion:
http://www.journalism.org/2018/06/18/distinguishing-between-factual-and-opinion-statements-in-the-news/
Also applies to those who are younger, better educated, savvy with technology, more politically aware...
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

happylada wrote:...
Hannity jumped the gun, but it was a LOGICAL first reaction

It's only "logical" in the eyes of those whose bias it fits with. To everyone else it is not logical, but an emotion driven response somewhat driven by the desire to get out a message with the narrative one wants to push. Rationalising something as "logical" because it fits with what you want to be true is not logical at all but a defence mechanism to avoid admitting you're wrong.

SO cut Hannity some slack - he had no way of knowing this was about a long standing feud.

No, when he pushes his emotion and ignorance fuelled narrative, I will not cut him or anyone peddling his nonsense any slack whatsoever.

His overhasty reaction was no worse than so many made by the "fake news" folk, which they have to walk back. At least he didn't dump the stock market like ANOTHER hasty conclusion by a lame-stream pundit.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... AjbeDTk9Qj

That's simple whataboutery. Others making mistakes is no excuse for people like Hannity making unsupported claims, especially so as he has to know what he is doing and that it is intentionally misleading his followers. He is lying to you and you defend him for doing so and get bent out of shape when people call him out for it. That's the kind of relationship people have with an abuser.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Verum wrote: Others making mistakes is no excuse for people like Hannity making unsupported claims, especially so as he has to know what he is doing and that it is intentionally misleading his followers. He is lying to you and you defend him for doing so and get bent out of shape when people call him out for it. That's the kind of relationship people have with an abuser.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Please back up your extraordinary claims with some examples....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

averagejoe wrote:
Verum wrote: Others making mistakes is no excuse for people like Hannity making unsupported claims, especially so as he has to know what he is doing and that it is intentionally misleading his followers. He is lying to you and you defend him for doing so and get bent out of shape when people call him out for it. That's the kind of relationship people have with an abuser.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Please back up your extraordinary claims with some examples....

5 seconds with google:
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/sean-hannity/
You too could have done that, it doesn't take long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Oh ya the leftist fact checker....Ok

You could have checked with snopes while your at it.... :D

Return to “World”