Israeli fighter jet shot down by Syrian fire

coffeeFreak
Guru

Israeli fighter jet shot down by Syrian fire

Post by coffeeFreak »

Well, this is getting interesting, to say the least.

An Israeli F-16 fighter has been shot down by Syrian anti-aircraft fire on a raid to destroy Iranian facilities allegedly responsible for launching a drone into Israel.

The Israeli military claims it shot down the drone and struck Iranian targets in Syria after what it called a “severe and irregular violation of Israeli sovereignty”...read more

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/10/israeli-fighter-jet-shot-down-by-syrian-fire-says-military
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Israeli fighter jet shot down by Syrian fire

Post by Even Steven »

Yup. This is how world wars begin sometimes.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

fun, fun, fun ...

Israel launches heavy Syria strikes after F-16 crashes

JERUSALEM/BEIRUT, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Israel launched heavy air strikes in Syria on Saturday, saying it hit air defenses and Iranian targets, and the Syrian army claimed to have brought down an Israeli F-16 that crashed in northern Israel in a major escalation of tension.

The Israeli military said early assessments indicated the jet had been shot down by Syrian fire, but this was still unconfirmed.
It marked the most serious confrontation yet in Syria between Israel and Iranian and Iran-backed forces that have established a major foothold in the country while fighting in support of President Bashar al-Assad in the civil war.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/isr ... &ocid=iehp
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Arab nations ought to know better than to mess with Israel, but they don't.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Pilots ejected and alive :up:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

So, let me see if I got this right, an Israeli fighter jet was shot down over Syrian air space. How is that any different than Israel shooting down a drone over their air space? Both sides are obviously looking for an excuse to engage in violence against the other.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Israel downs Iranian drone

In its most serious engagement in neighbouring Syria since fighting there began in 2011, Israel shot down an infiltrating Iranian drone Saturday and struck Iranian targets deep in Syria before one of its own jets was downed.

The sudden escalation offers what could be a harbinger of what lies ahead as the Syrian fighting winds down and an emboldened Iran establishes a military presence that Israel vows it will never accept.

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/218 ... nian-drone
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Verum wrote:Both sides are obviously looking for an excuse to engage in violence against the other.

Syria or Iran didn't engage in any violence. They simply flew a drone into Syrian territory presently occupied by Israel. How dare they fly a drone over their own territory lol.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Verum wrote:Both sides are obviously looking for an excuse to engage in violence against the other.

Even Steven wrote:Syria or Iran didn't engage in any violence. They simply flew a drone into Syrian territory presently occupied by Israel. How dare they fly a drone over their own territory lol.

Iranian drone flying over Syrian air-space heading toward Israel, Israel defended itself. So big question is why is Iran flying drone missions within borders of Syria towards Israel.

Tiny country of Israel appears to be problem for all those much larger countries in the area. I'd be curious if one largest is behind this doing so via Iran instead of doing it directly.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Even Steven wrote:

Syria or Iran didn't engage in any violence. They simply flew a drone into Syrian territory presently occupied by Israel. How dare they fly a drone over their own territory lol.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
I wonder, does Israel, or otherwise allied country, fly drones over Iran? I'm suspect so. Some get sovereignty and others don't deserve it.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Even Steven wrote:Yup. This is how world wars begin sometimes.

Better get back to your history class. There have only ever been 2 world wars and they weren't the result of a downed fighter jet or drones in restricted airspace.
Someone has to say it.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Perhaps just sometimes by a shot Grand Duke out for a Sunday horse drawn carriage ride.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Catsumi wrote:Perhaps just sometimes by a shot Grand Duke out for a Sunday horse drawn carriage ride.

...and cousins who failed to call a bluff.

Return to “World”