AR15 and mods

Bigjohn69
Fledgling

AR15 and mods

Post by Bigjohn69 »

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/turn-ar-1 ... ng-gun-40/

At some point one has to wonder why ?
https://www.patriot-pin.com/

Mods to make into gat gun and cheat a states rules is in my thoughts a country that has lost its way
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: AR15 and mods

Post by GordonH »

What good idea to kill or seriously injury more people quickly, oh yes hunters are going use this <<sarcasm off>> .... people are just getting more f :cuss: ed up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

O.K..........the first video ? You can do that with any...I mean any semi auto rifle ! Not just the AR15.
The second video is absolute garbage,and a waste of money.When the last shot is fired the magazine holds the bolt back essentially stopping you from opening the gun.A total piece of crap.
Also AR does not mean automatic rifle.AR is short for Armalite,the original manufacture of the rifle.
"Assault " rifle ? A made up term that I would guess was provided by our leftist anti gun buddies in the media.....STOP THAT !
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

A device similar has been available for the Ruger 10-22 for 30 years.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lots of guns hold the bolt back when the mag is empty. It stops idiots from dry firing
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The new law states you must disassemble your rifle before you are able to release the magazine.

Is this a new thing?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

puterbrother wrote:"Assault " rifle ? A made up term that I would guess was provided by our leftist anti gun buddies in the media.....STOP THAT !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

And the first "Automatic Rifle was developed by Browning in 1918. The BAR or Browning Automatic Rifle.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/B ... atic-rifle

Armalite wasn't even around until the 1950's.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bsuds wrote:
puterbrother wrote:"Assault " rifle ? A made up term that I would guess was provided by our leftist anti gun buddies in the media.....STOP THAT !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

And the first "Automatic Rifle was developed by Browning in 1918. The BAR or Browning Automatic Rifle.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/B ... atic-rifle

Armalite wasn't even around until the 1950's.

Love to get one. Help a fella out suds
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

When I was in Boot Camp (50 years ago) they demonstrated a new at the time AR22 rifle. It used a special round that if I remember right kind of exploded on impact somehow. If it hit you anywhere it would do major damage to your body.

They shot it at a 4x4 and there was a small hole where it entered and destroyed a very large area where it exited. They claimed to us that it would rip a persons arm right off if it hit them anywhere on the arm.

Nasty stuff.

AR rifles are not needed by the general population and should not be available to them.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Bsuds wrote:AR rifles are not needed by the general population and should not be available to them.

I agree. If one wants to shoot .223, Ruger mini 14 is still available I believe. Thing is, it doesn't "look" like a modern military rifle. Maybe that is the AR's reason for popularity. Wanna-bee's
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:When I was in Boot Camp (50 years ago) they demonstrated a new at the time AR22 rifle. It used a special round that if I remember right kind of exploded on impact somehow. If it hit you anywhere it would do major damage to your body.

They shot it at a 4x4 and there was a small hole where it entered and destroyed a very large area where it exited. They claimed to us that it would rip a persons arm right off if it hit them anywhere on the arm.

Nasty stuff.

AR rifles are not needed by the general population and should not be available to them.

Exactly..... this should include all assault rifles (guns).
Hand guns & hunting rifles over the age of 21, with proper background checks should be national standard.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

"Lots of guns hold the bolt back when the mag is empty. It stops idiots from dry firing"
No...it allows you to change mags and then just hit the release button to chamber the new round and continue firing without having to recock the gun,
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

even steven...
LOL where on God's green earth did you get this info !
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

Jflem1983
you misunderstood me...Armalite developed the M16 in early '60s for the U.S. military.
Yes there were earlier "full Auto designs as well as semi auto designs back further than that.
Bsuds...
When Armalite introduced their new design it was a .224 caliber bullet weighing a mere 55 grains driven at about 3000fps.it was a full metal jacket bullet that conformed to the Geneva convention as a military round.It was,by all acccounts,a marginal round as far as stopping power was concerned.Designed more to wound than kill.The reasoning behind this was that if an enemy combatant was killed only one person was taken out of the fight but if wounded it would take out three.One wounded,two to carry him to safety.
Ripping an arm off ? I call BS ! I've shot an AR15 with all different kinds of ammo from military surplus to hunting ammo. No Way !
Seewood...
The Mini14 and the AR15 are virtually identical in operation.They are both gas operated semi auto rifles.The only difference is the Mini looks like a conventional hunting rifle,the AR15 is fashioned after it's military big brother,the M16 and M4.Both fire the same cartridge. .223 or 5.56. Wanna-bee's ? really ? How about people,male and female,who appreciate modern technology and craftsmanship.A technology that,by the way,was adopted by our military using our tax dollars.We have,through the ages,always taken advantage of military tech when it came to our sporting rifles and we continue to do so with the AR15.
In conclusion...The AR15 is nothing but a typical and common Semi-Auto rifle that some people don't like the look of,in fact,It is currently restricted in Canada just because of it's looks.Does that make sense to you.Doesn't to me,especially when there are other semi-autos out there that function exactly the same way and they are non-restricted.
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

For your information;

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges.In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:
It must be capable of 7.62x39mm and the 5.56x45mm NATO.
Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable box magazine.
It must have an effective range of at least 300 metres (330 yards).
Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles, despite frequently being called such.
For example:
Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 200 yards.
Select-fire rifles such as the FN FAL battle rifle are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
Semi-automatic-only rifles like the AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.
Semi-automatic-only rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire.

Return to “World”