Infowars on Thin Ice

Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Infowars on Thin Ice

Post by Bigjohn69 »

http://cnn.it/2onrgM3

(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Infowars on Thin Ice

Post by CapitalB »

Youtube has been quite clear regarding their policies in regards to violence and hate mongering. Thats probably only ramping up with the increase in pressure to stop fake news.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bigjohn69 wrote:(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.

How do you define "far right"? I thought InfoWars/Alex Jones were more apolitical than left or right. Prior to Obama was non-stop talking about how bad the Republicans and Bush and the American Industrial Complex were. I wouldn't think that's far right.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

He was just quoting the first sentence of the article, that you could have found through the link.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Glacier wrote:
Bigjohn69 wrote:(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.

How do you define "far right"? I thought InfoWars/Alex Jones were more apolitical than left or right. Prior to Obama was non-stop talking about how bad the Republicans and Bush and the American Industrial Complex were. I wouldn't think that's far right.

Right - Left - Far Right - Far Left- Fairy Tales.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:He was just quoting the first sentence of the article, that you could have found through the link.

Fair enough. It would be interesting (perhaps in another thread) to get to the bottom of the word "far right." I'm confused as to what it means.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Infowars and Alex Jones wont get one strike against them. They are part of the divide and conquer system.

the REAL youtubers who speak truth to power are the ones losing their income, channels and rights.

The parkland school shooting was in my humble opinion, a hoax.

No one died, no one even got injured, that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. :)
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Bigjohn69 wrote:http://cnn.it/2onrgM3

(CNN) - InfoWars, a far-right media organization run by Alex Jones and known for peddling unfounded conspiracy theories, is on thin ice with YouTube after it posted a video that portrayed the survivors of the Parkland school shooting as actors.

In my opinion, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. This idiot lost all credibility when he started trying to make a name for himself by peddling the Sandy Hook and Oklahoma City bombing conspiracy theories. You think he would have learned from the back-lash from Sandy Hook, but like they say, you can't fix stupid.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
The parkland school shooting was in my humble opinion, a hoax.

No one died, no one even got injured, that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. :)

Imagine thinking this.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CapitalB wrote:Youtube has been quite clear regarding their policies in regards to violence and hate mongering. Thats probably only ramping up with the increase in pressure to stop fake news.

So that means that CNN clips won't be allowed on Youtube anymore? What about MSNBC?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cnn would never lie :200: [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “World”