The right wing attacks against shooting survivors continue

Omnitheo
Guru

The right wing attacks against shooting survivors continue

Post by Omnitheo »

It seems every day we see more stories about conservatives making threats against survivors of shootings. In some cases going as far as to make threats against the parents of slain children.

The latest example today:

Jamie Allman, a St Louis broadcaster at a Sinclair Broadcast Group television station publicly announced his intentions to sexually and violently assault 17-year-old Parkland high school student David Hogg. "I've been hanging out getting ready to ram a hot poker up David Hogg's *bleep* tomorrow. Busy working. Preparing,” he tweeted on March 26. Shortly after the tweet, several advertisers dropped Allman's popular television show. A spokesman for Sinclair told the Washington Post: "We have accepted Mr. Allman’s resignation."

https://boingboing.net/2018/04/11/conse ... i.html/amp
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: The right wing attacks against shooting survivors contin

Post by averagejoe »

removed. add nothing to the conversation.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

previous posters comment removed.
David Hogg is immature and a bit vindictive, but the OP has a point -- some of the attacks against him have been unfair to say the least. Threatening to rape someone is beyond unfair.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

yet giving credence and attention to garbage people like this is exactly what they desire. To also use such terrible people to make claims for others personal desires of "hate this type of individual" is gross in it's use.

but terrible people will always be worse in the claim of "I'm helping"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Meh Hogg has a lot to say. He has been coached and given a lot of attention. He is doing what hes been tasked with doing. Ruining America.

As for people trying or wanting or threatening to kill him. Meh. Talk is cheap. If he gets shot i guess we know why.
If not who cares. He has a lot of years to live. Gonna be tough. Im sure he has lost a lot support over his antics. He likely does not care with his FBI dad and millions in tv money. Probably has new friends in a new neighborhood .

My personal opinion. Hes a coached crisis actor . Milking a tragedy to f over a few hundred million people. Of course the dim wit liberals lap it up and buy into the bs that someone is actually trying to kill the little vomit stain.

I liked Ted Nugent comment . Hogg has no soul.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Ted Nugent? The man best known for pooing his pants to get out of serving in Vietnam and advocating shooting people like rabid coyotes? Great role model you have there.

It’s pretty low to suggest those who nearly died in a tragic mass shooting are staged crisis actors. He’s trying to save lives, to ensure nobody else has to lose their friends, children, in what should be a place of betterment.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Advertisers continue to dump Fox News host Laura Ingraham after she attempted to shame Parkland survivor
https://boingboing.net/2018/04/11/adver ... ump-f.html
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.buzzfee ... david-hogg

"The decision of an adult to personally criticize a high school student who has lost his classmates in an unspeakable tragedy is not consistent with our values," one former advertiser said.

Only after losing dozens of advertisers did Laura Ingraham apaologize. Not because what she did was wrong, but claiming it was “In the spirit of Holy Week”.

Thankfully advertisers understand that it’s better to not associate with the kinds of people who’s idea of covering the news is to insult children and people involved in tragedy.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

For those who think this is just about Hogg, it isn’t. This is the typical right wing MO. Multiple students have been on the receiving end of such attacks and threats. And this isn’t isolated to this incident. Nearly every time there is a gun related tragedy, the kooks come out to spread hate and fear mongering.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/newtown-sh ... -1.4149630

A Florida woman pleaded guilty and was sent to prison Wednesday for threatening a man whose six-year-old son was killed in the 2012 mass shooting at a Connecticut school, which she contended was a hoax.

Senior U.S. District Judge James Cohn sentenced Lucy Richards, 57, to five months in prison, followed by five months of home detention. She pleaded guilty to interstate transmission of a threat to injure in communications with Lenny Pozner, the father of Noah Pozner, who died in the Sandy Hook school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Noah Pozner. One of 20 children who lost their lives in Sandy Hook

Investigators say Richards made four voicemail and email threats to Pozner on Jan. 10, 2016, after viewing internet sites claiming the shooting was a hoax aimed at curtailing Americans' Second Amendment gun ownership rights. The messages said things such as "you gonna die, death is coming to you real soon" and "LOOK BEHIND YOU IT IS DEATH."
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Yes why not let the little puke end free speech as we know it as well. All hail Hogg
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

Not quite up to speed on the law I guess, did I hear an echo.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Uttering threats is not, and never has been protected by free speech. Nor does free speech give you impunity against public reaction to your comments.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Free speech in the US doesn't mean free from criticism. It only means the government isn't going to restrict what you say (with a few exceptions).

Even though you may not agree with what David Hogg is saying or doing, he isn't restricting anyone's free speech. He's just exercising his own and if people agree with him that's their protected right. A lot of advertisers are agreeing with what he's saying so dropped support of Laura Ingraham - again they're not restricting her free speech, they're just not advertising on her show.

The First Amendment's constitutional right of free speech, which is applicable to state and local governments under the incorporation doctrine, only prevents government restrictions on speech, not restrictions imposed by private individuals or businesses unless they are acting on behalf of the government.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Jflem1983 wrote:Yes why not let the little puke end free speech as we know it as well. All hail Hogg

Wow. If one person's voice can end free speech, it must be a pretty powerful voice.
I guess that's why that P.O.S. from the Sinclair Right Wing Propaganda Network is threatening to kill him. Or is he just threatening to kill anyone who has a different opinion than his?
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Being an idiot by making death and rape threats at Hogg is bad. So is celebrating the Laura Ingraham thing. She opened her mouth and offended Hogg. He expressed his displeasure, and she apologized. He should have done the mature thing, and accepted it. Instead, he has been behaving like a immature jerk, and that's not right at all. I don't celebrating bullying, whether it's Ingraham calling Hogg names, or Hogg vindictively demanding people boycott her show after she offered an apology.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Nice obfuscation of the timeline. The call for boycotts came before the apology. Then when the apology came, there was no sincerity to it. She only apologized after 2 dozen advertisers pulled their ads from her show. And even then couldn’t admit that she did anything wrong, she was simply offering the apology in “the spirit of Holy Week”, because only the death of Jesus and loss of revenue can get people to reflect on their actions.

In response to the apology, what Hogg asked for was for her to denounce the way her network had treated his friends. Ingraham has instead taken a week off in the hopes this would blow over.

Return to “World”