Attacking Syria

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Attacking Syria

Post by Fancy »

I'm not sure what your point was listing all that - I have access to that information. Did you not read that Fisk acknowledges the doctor was not present? You might try digging a little deeper yourself.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

Fancy wrote:I'm not sure what your point was listing all that - I have access to that information. Did you not read that Fisk acknowledges the doctor was not present? You might try digging a little deeper yourself.

I hope you realize you posted a link to a claim Fisk never made, one that I did not say he made. I went so far as to post a link wherein the writer of your link, Catherine Philp, walked back her claim that he did. As I said, I will take Fisk's reporting over CP's every time. I will also take Fisk's word over your's and Castanet's. Capiche?
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm only repeating what Fisk acknowledged and this is from his own report - the doctor admitted he was not an eyewitness. That has nothing to do with Catherine Philp.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

Fancy wrote:I'm only repeating what Fisk acknowledged and this is from his own report - the doctor admitted he was not an eyewitness. That has nothing to do with Catherine Philp.

You mean Dr Assim Rahaibani, who was 3oo meters away, is not a reliable witness, even after he states "all the doctors know what happened"?

“I was with my family in the basement of my home three hundred metres from here on the night but all the doctors know what happened. There was a lot of shelling [by government forces] and aircraft were always over Douma at night – but on this night, there was wind and huge dust clouds began to come into the basements and cellars where people lived. People began to arrive here suffering from hypoxia, oxygen loss. Then someone at the door, a “White Helmet”, shouted “Gas!”, and a panic began. People started throwing water over each other. Yes, the video was filmed here, it is genuine, but what you see are people suffering from hypoxia – not gas poisoning.”

If this has nothing to do with Catherine Philp, then why post her link?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

it is worth observing that he is by his own admission not an eyewitness himself

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sy ... 07726.html
If Fisk says this is worth observing, then so be it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

By bad luck, too, the doctors who were on duty that night on 7 April were all in Damascus giving evidence to a chemical weapons enquiry, which will be attempting to provide a definitive answer to that question in the coming weeks.

Maybe they will shed some light on what happened.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Necro wrote:If this has nothing to do with Catherine Philp, then why post her link?

That the doctor wasn't an eyewitness came from Fisk - not Philp. The fact that there are critics regarding Fisk's report was what Philp was writing about and that is something others might be interested in.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

Fancy wrote:
Necro wrote:If this has nothing to do with Catherine Philp, then why post her link?

That the doctor wasn't an eyewitness came from Fisk - not Philp. The fact that there are critics regarding Fisk's report was what Philp was writing about and that is something others might be interested in.

No, and yes. Philp claimed;
Robert Fisk claimed that there was no chemical attack based on the testimony of a doctor who was not at the scene

Fisk never claimed there was no chemical attack, as Philp claimed. Fisk did not base his reporting on the words of Dr Assim Rahaibani alone;
Oddly, after chatting to more than 20 people, I couldn’t find one who showed the slightest interest in Douma’s role in bringing about the Western air attacks. Two actually told me they didn’t know about the connection.

I find it odd how one is quick to dismiss the words of a DR. who was 300 meters away from the alleged attack. 300 meters. The fact he is alive after being so close to an alleged chemical weapon attack is a miracle.

Fancy wrote:Maybe they will shed some light on what happened.

Perhaps they will, in the meantime, as I said, I will take Fisk's reporting over Castanets and/or AP every time.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Necro wrote:I find it odd how one is quick to dismiss the words of a DR. who was 300 meters away from the alleged attack. 300 meters.
Haven't said a thing about it other than to reaffirm Fisk's own words. He's the one that said it's worth observing.

Necro wrote:Fisk never claimed there was no chemical attack,
That much is evident from the link to Fisk's report that I posted.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

Fancy wrote:
Robert Fisk claimed that there was no chemical attack based on the testimony of a doctor who was not at the scene

That's interesting, I think it's possible that the Dr was there, considering the video below of an actual interview of medical staff from the very hospital that the white helmets claim to show the aftermath of the chemical attack. Locals also describe what happened on April 7th, claiming no toxic agents were used there. These people were there:

Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

US journalists find no evidence of chemical use in Syria

-- Plato. 

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Passion4Truth wrote:That's interesting, I think it's possible that the Dr was there, considering the video below of an actual interview of medical staff from the very hospital that the white helmets claim to show the aftermath of the chemical attack.

The doctor told Fisk he wasn't an eyewitness so you don't believe Fisk?
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

The media out of the UK and US obviously doesn't seem to be telling us the truth and I didn't see an interview on the link you posted, so I don't know what was said.

I posted links with witnesses, what do you think of those?

-- Plato. 

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That didn't answer my question.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

Fancy wrote:That didn't answer my question.

It certainly did answer your question but you completely avoided mine.

-- Plato. 

Return to “World”