Taxes in Republican/Trump America

Taxes in Republican/Trump America

Postby bob vernon » May 4th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Darn leftists in Canada. This must be fake OECD news.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/05/0 ... _23426460/
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1192 posts

Re: Taxes in Republican/Trump America

Postby CapitalB » May 4th, 2018, 1:07 pm

When rich people give themselves and their companies huge tax cuts that money has to come from elsewhere, like the middle class.

This isn't even that surprising given that most non wonk economists kept trying to explain this is what the proposed (at the time) tax plan would do. The numbers don't lie, politicians though...
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

Omnitheo likes this post.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 505 posts

Re: Taxes in Republican/Trump America

Postby d0nb » May 4th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Numbers are used to lie to us all the time. “Factoids” like the US tax rate being ‘12 times higher’ for a married couple with one income and two kids may be true, but is specious when presented out of context.

In general, comparing taxes and other expenses in the US to those in Canada is a game for fools, which makes it a perfect subject for the agenda-driven journalism of the H.P. :smt045
State is the name of the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this lie slips from its mouth: 'I, the state, am the people.’ - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
d0nb
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 833 posts

Return to World