Children in Cages.....

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Children in Cages.....

Post by averagejoe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 24th, 2018, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

floppi wrote:Who's the President again?

President Trump since you have forgotten!!!!

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:
IMO, [venting and crowing] is counterproductive to finding an effective solution to their predicament. All this venting and crowing helps push politicians and bureaucracy to knee-jerk reactions rather than effective solutions.

Thank goodness then all the venting and crowing helped push the politicians to a knee-jerk reaction to a bad policy. I'm not sure what you mean tho about venting without considering the "potential consequences"or "effective solutions". Are we not free to do that on an obscure Internet forum to vent about a morally repugnant policy just to vent. If you feel you have something other than to point out this thread's shortcomings please by all means I would love to hear your opinion on these "solutions". In fact there is a thread started by fvkasm2x called Immigration policy just for that purpose. But I have to add tho in my opinion whatever collective "solutions" we come up in that thread is just ultimately just mental exercise and will have no bearing or effect on Canadian or US policy.

Interesting. On the one hand, you've shrugged off the suggestion venting (and crowing) have consequences. Perhaps I misunderstood, because here, you seem to congratulate yourself on the results you feel were achieved at least in part through venting and crowing. And still you feel it's okay for people to simply vent, whether they are well informed on the issue or not, whether there truly are reasonable, legal and morally acceptable alternatives to the current situation, or not.

Interesting also that you feel when I point out that the collective venting and crowing of thousands upon thousands of impassioned voices will likely lead to consequences, this was pointing out "this thread's shortcomings". As though this thread should be held responsible for what people are posting on social media. As though people posting have no responsibility for the consequences of their actions.

But this is the way of the world, is it not? Today, we all get to exercise our right to vent anonymously or not, informed or not, through social media, as loudly and as often as we wish, quite regardless of the consequences for real people affected by the outcomes of our venting.

Congratulations on your success. I genuinely hope the consequences prove favourable to all concerned.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

the truth wrote:hillary is not pro immigration https://www.americancrossroads.org/2016 ... mmigrants/

Who's Hillary?? Possibly another one of Donalds flings?? There's Hillary Clinton, but she's been out of the picture for a year now, so you couldn't be speaking of her.
Truthy, when they say "current events" they mean current, not up to 8 years ago like you always spew.
Please try to keep up, :topic:
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Illegal alien kids are unhappy having to recite the Pledge of Allegiance

Not a day goes by without some headline about the suffering of illegal alien kids, nearly all of whom are eating and living better than they ever have in their lives, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer. Most of them were sent to America unaccompanied by adults, so our tax dollars could take care of them. But apparently, some kids are unhappy.

They are being made to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. What's worse, they're being made to say it in English!

[E]ach morning they are required to stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance, in English, to the country that holds them apart from their parents.

Why must they say those words, some of the children ask at the shelter in Brownsville, on the Mexican border in Texas?

"We tell them, 'It's out of respect,'" said one employee of the facility.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... iance.html

Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

averagejoe wrote:Illegal alien kids are unhappy having to recite the Pledge of Allegiance

Not a day goes by without some headline about the suffering of illegal alien kids, nearly all of whom are eating and living better than they ever have in their lives, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer. Most of them were sent to America unaccompanied by adults, so our tax dollars could take care of them. But apparently, some kids are unhappy.

They are being made to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. What's worse, they're being made to say it in English!

[E]ach morning they are required to stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance, in English, to the country that holds them apart from their parents.

Why must they say those words, some of the children ask at the shelter in Brownsville, on the Mexican border in Texas?

"We tell them, 'It's out of respect,'" said one employee of the facility.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... iance.html

Do you believe these children should all suffer from Stockholm syndrome? Then why else would you expect them to pledge allegiance to their kidnappers?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2018, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal

Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Trump is evil??

This is old news for a segment of our population.

Check out the actions of our very own land grabbing totalitarian dictator from 60 years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaUPD-FgfDs

http://nationalpost.com/news/b-c-doukho ... to-natives

Over to you LANDM...

:popcorn:
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Good memory! What about Residential Schools too.....

Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

^^ No one has forgotten Joe, I posted this June 20th. If anything it's a cautionary example of what the US has in store when they're held accountable for taking children away from parents. Shows just how oblivious the far right is when they use one of the ugliest moments in Canadian history to justify what Trump's done.

Poindexter wrote:
Perhaps Trudeau should enlighten Trump on Canada's experience with taking children away from their parents, in a manner he can understand, dollars and cents. Not only was Canada's "sixties scoop" morally wrong and ruined lives, which wouldn't matter to Trump, but it cost Canada close to a billion in compensation.

So for those who are devoid of empathy, know this, the US end up paying bigly for this barbarism, not only in terms of moral standing in the world, but financially when they held to task for this evil policy.

Last edited by Poindexter on Jun 26th, 2018, 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

This is such a terrible argument and it pops up way too often in debates about just about everything these days. Justifying why your guy can behave terribly because somebody else behaved terribly is wrong on so many levels. That you think he can do nothing wrong because other people have done something wrong is ridiculous.

I'm really having a hard time connecting the dots you guys are laying down. Because Canada had residential schools, it's ok that Trump separated kids from their parents? I'm really not following. You need to explain this a bit for me.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I find it really interesting that so many people won't answer a simple question... Do you support taking children away from parents who cross the border illegally? It's a simple yes or no question that people won't answer... but I know why.

If you say "yes", you're acknowledging an immoral practice of taking babies from their parents and locking them away. But if you say "no", then you're a hypocrite for not criticizing your guy... and we know that just won't happen.

A huge number of Republicans and even the religious right criticized Trump's policy and I really respect that. I find it so curious that you guys can't bring yourselves to do the same thing.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2018, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Jonrox wrote:I find it really interesting that so many people won't answer a simple question... Do you support taking children away from parents who cross the border illegally? It's a simple yes or no question that people won't answer... but I know why.

Of course the answer is yes. Duh oh like since when did the left think they own the moral high ground? Trump fixed the problem quickly. Not like the previous administrators. Americans want a stable border. That's why he was elected. That includes enforcing laws already in place. So it been done by the Trump to correct the situation. What are you gripping about?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jonrox wrote:This is such a terrible argument and it pops up way too often in debates about just about everything these days. Justifying why your guy can behave terribly because somebody else behaved terribly is wrong on so many levels. That you think he can do nothing wrong because other people have done something wrong is ridiculous.

I'm really having a hard time connecting the dots you guys are laying down. Because Canada had residential schools, it's ok that Trump separated kids from their parents? I'm really not following. You need to explain this a bit for me.

figures ................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “World”