Facebook Eliminates 93% Traffic to Top Conservative Websites

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Facebook Eliminates 93% Traffic to Top Conservative Websites

Post by averagejoe »

:cuss:

SHOCK STUDY: Facebook Has Eliminated 93% of Traffic to Top Conservative Websites Since 2016 Election

The Gateway Pundit (TGP) reached a record number of page views in 2017.

TGP readership hit an all-time high in 2017!

We reached more than 224 million page views in 2017. This surpassed our previous record from 2016 of 182 million page views.

We thank all our readers for all their support.
This Was Despite Unprecedented Attacks–

On the other hand, 2017 was a very challenging year for TGP. Facebook and Twitter often altered their platforms to prevent TGP stories from being shared. They have employed far left operatives who deem which stories are acceptable and others they kill off before they go viral.

Stories like ‘Hillary is going to win in a landslide’, ‘Hillary is not sick’ or ‘Trump colluded with Russia’ are considered accurate news reports.

These powerful tech firms act as gatekeepers and prevent conservative content from being shared online.

In 2016 we were one of the few conservative sites that supported candidate Trump – along with Breitbart, The Drudge Report, Infowars, Zero Hedge and Conservative Treehouse. We are proud of our efforts to report the truth that led to Trump’s historic win.
In 2017 Harvard and Columbia Journalism Review found that The Gateway Pundit was the 4th most influential conservative news source in the 2016 election.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... -election/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Facebook Eliminates 93% Traffic to Top Conservative Webs

Post by Omnitheo »

Meanwhile undercover insiders in Facebook report the opposite.
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2 ... moderation

investigative journalist who went undercover as a Facebook moderator in the UK says the company lets pages from far-right fringe groups “exceed deletion threshold,” and that those pages are “subject to different treatment in the same category as pages belonging to governments and news organizations.” The accusation is a damning one, undermining Facebook’s claims that it is actively trying to cut down on fake news, propaganda, hate speech, and other harmful content that may have significant real-world impact.

The undercover journalist detailed his findings in a new documentary titled Inside Facebook: Secrets of the Social Network, that just aired on the UK’s Channel 4. The investigation outlines questionable practices on behalf of CPL Resources, a third-party content moderator firm based in Dublin, Ireland that Facebook has worked with since 2010.

Those questionable practices primarily involve a hands-off approach to flagged and reported content like graphic violence, hate speech, and racist and other bigoted rhetoric from far-right groups. The undercover reporter says he was also instructed to ignore users who looked as if they were under 13 years of age, which is the minimum age requirement to sign up for Facebook in accordance with the Child Online Protection Act, a 1998 privacy law passed in the US designed to protect young children from exploitation and harmful and violent content on the internet. The documentary insinuates that Facebook takes a hands-off approach to such content, including blatantly false stories parading as truth, because it engages users for longer and drives up advertising revenue.

I think the gatewaypundit is just sad that users have begun to #walkaway from their right drivel in favour of actual investigative news that doesn’t try to censor its viewers from the realities of Russian meddling.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Facebook, YouTube and Google (as well as Yahoo) are all well known for being left. It’s easy to discover by tracing who owns the companies, and looking at their political affiliations. FB decides what goes viral, and can manipulate the amount of likes very easily. Ask anyone in IT, it is well known that YouTube does this too. Of course, FB has bought Instagram and it tells a similar story. Anyone who thinks the above companies are bipartisan is fooling themselves.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Yes i stopped using facebook the day trump won. It was an immediate turn against patriotic gun owners.

Previous to that i ran several groups. Had a large following. Had e commerce set up. Etc. Fb chased me off.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The paranoia here is hilarious.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The right thrives on fear and their role as the underdog, it's a common theme.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

averagejoe wrote: They have employed far left operatives who deem which stories are acceptable and others they kill off before they go viral.

The only far left operatives actually known to be monkeying around with Facebook have been indicted by Mueller.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“These powerful tech firms act as gatekeepers and prevent conservative content from being shared online.”

I would have a problem with that if they were preventing the truth from being shared but if it is the fake garbage (from both sides) and twisted lies impersonating opinions then less is better.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

They stop people from selling guns legally. Thats where my troubles started. Fb has become a tool of the left. So i left fb
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “World”