Twitter Permanently Bans Conservatives but not any Leftists

Twitter Permanently Bans Conservatives but not any Leftists

Postby averagejoe » Aug 11th, 2018, 8:56 am

Not only did Alex Jones (I'm not a fan of his) get censored but now another conservative and conservative group.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

Twitter has banned both the official verified account for the Proud Boys and the account belonging to their founder, comedian and CRTV host Gavin McInnes.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... s-account/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2468 posts

Re: Twitter Permanently Bans Conservatives but not any Lefti

Postby Verum » Aug 11th, 2018, 9:52 am

averagejoe wrote:Not only did Alex Jones (I'm not a fan of his) get censored but now another conservative and conservative group.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

Twitter has banned both the official verified account for the Proud Boys and the account belonging to their founder, comedian and CRTV host Gavin McInnes.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... s-account/

Twitter didn't ban Alex Jones:
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones
He even used Twitter to criticise them over banning McInnes:
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/1028091080733011969

Which shows that they set a very low bar indeed.
They banned McInnes et. al., as Twitter considers them to be violent extremists:
“We can confirm that these accounts have been suspended from Twitter and Periscope for violating our policy prohibiting violent extremist groups,” a company spokesperson said in a statement to BuzzFeed News.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

Jmfva likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1350 posts

Postby Ka-El » Aug 11th, 2018, 11:10 am

Twitter didn't ban Conservatives. They just banned hate speech (just like Facebook has tried to stop all right-wing "fake news" and propaganda). Not all Conservatives are haters. Just as British philosopher and political economist John Stuart Mill observed, "Although it is not true all conservatives are stupid people, it is true most stupid people are conservative".
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know what this means"

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5611 posts

Postby averagejoe » Aug 11th, 2018, 11:59 am

Ka-El wrote:Twitter didn't ban Conservatives. They just banned hate speech (just like Facebook has tried to stop all right-wing "fake news" and propaganda). Not all Conservatives are haters. Just as British philosopher and political economist John Stuart Mill observed, "Although it is not true all conservatives are stupid people, it is true most stupid people are conservative".

Can you give us some details as to what they said to get them banned?

I followed both of them on Twitter and saw nothing that would get them banned?
(I may have missed something possibly?)

Please do show us what they said or are you just being judgemental because they are Conservatives? :135:

Also what does a British philosopher have to do with Twitter banning people?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby averagejoe » Aug 11th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Ka-El wrote: (just like Facebook has tried to stop all right-wing "fake news" and propaganda)

What about leftwing hate groups?

How many have they banned.

Can you give some names or groups.

Like lets say antifa would be a good start....are they banned? :135:
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby averagejoe » Aug 11th, 2018, 12:10 pm

Those being banned which are all conservative groups and people by Youtube are moving over to REAL.video.

Maybe the Moderators can do a direct link to REAL.video like we have for YouTube?

This way the left leaning social media will be more balanced instead of censoring Conservative views....

(Natural News) Next News Network, founded by Gary Franchi, has just joined REAL.video, the new free speech alternative to YouTube.

Well known as an independent news network, NNN brings independent news analysis to hundreds of thousands of viewers each month, across multiple video platforms. Notably, NNN has been repeatedly demonetized or banned by YouTube and other tech giants that are trying to censor all independent media news sources.

The REAL.video channel for Next News Network is:

REAL.video/channel/nextnewsnetwork
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Verum » Aug 11th, 2018, 12:30 pm

averagejoe wrote:Those being banned which are all conservative groups and people by Youtube are moving over to REAL.video.

Maybe the Moderators can do a direct link to REAL.video like we have for YouTube?

I'm sure it'll get added when it has similar viewership numbers. In the mean time, since YouTube still allows all mainstream and moderate channels, I doubt there is much need.

This way the left leaning social media will be more balanced instead of censoring Conservative views....

(Natural News) Next News Network, founded by Gary Franchi, has just joined REAL.video, the new free speech alternative to YouTube.

Well known as an independent news network, NNN brings independent news analysis to hundreds of thousands of viewers each month, across multiple video platforms. Notably, NNN has been repeatedly demonetized or banned by YouTube and other tech giants that are trying to censor all independent media news sources.

The REAL.video channel for Next News Network is:

REAL.video/channel/nextnewsnetwork

Why do you keep championing far right and very unreliable/conspiracy theory news sources?
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/next-news-network/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/natural-news/
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

2 people like this post.
Verum
Übergod

Postby averagejoe » Aug 11th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Verum wrote:Why do you keep championing far right and very unreliable/conspiracy theory news sources?

LOL Not really.

I Believe in free speech....I even tolerate the left right to speak. Just the left just likes to use violence to silence opposition.

:138:

By the way is your mediabiasfactcheck.com owned or operated or controlled by one of or all of the social media giants?

Just wondering? :135:
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Verum » Aug 11th, 2018, 12:59 pm

averagejoe wrote:
Verum wrote:Why do you keep championing far right and very unreliable/conspiracy theory news sources?

LOL Not really.

I Believe in free speech....I even tolerate the left right to speak. Just the left just likes to use violence to silence opposition.

:138:

Unlike you, I don't tolerate anyone having the right to free speech, I welcome it, but I similarly don't consider it infringing on free speech just because a website bans someone. It's certainly not violent either.

As for engaging in violence, some on the left do, as do some on the right. We need only look to the Unite the Right rally and the single and solitary violence caused death there, of someone on the left who was permanently silenced by a right-winger.

Most of us are in favour of freedom of speech. That doesn't mean that people like me won't question the content of what you say or promote. If you promote people associated with the push for a white ethnostate, or extermination of Jews, etc. then I'm going to call it out. If you ever find me championing similar groups, please call me out on it.

By the way is your mediabiasfactcheck.com owned or operated or controlled by one of or all of the social media giants?

No, they are independent. That said, if you can find a better, but somewhat equivalent site, please let me know. I'm always interested in ways to improve my verification of the trustworthiness of media sources.

Just wondering? :135:

Omnitheo likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Postby bob vernon » Aug 11th, 2018, 1:27 pm

The world cries out for a place like REAL. Moderate conservatives like Alex Jones need a home to spread their alternate truth.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1326 posts

Postby averagejoe » Aug 12th, 2018, 11:15 am

12 Best Free YouTube Alternative Sites For Watching Videos In 2018

YouTube is undoubtedly the internet’s most dominant platform for streaming free videos online. It hosts billions of videos that are viewed and commented upon on a daily basis. With the addition of a large amount of content each day, its vast user base continues to grow actively.

However, with guidelines of the platform getting revised without any prior notices and other complaints in tow, a large fraction of unhappy users are looking for other YouTube alternative websites that can offer them similar content.

In case you are one of them and are looking for different video streaming sites, here’s a list of best alternatives to YouTube in 2018.

Before moving on to the video websites, check out our other lists of best free.

https://fossbytes.com/best-free-youtube ... ive-sites/

Verum likes this post.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby averagejoe » Aug 18th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Google censorship not just for Americans....

More than 1,000 Google workers protest censored China search

AN FRANCISCO (AP) — More than a thousand Google employees have signed a letter protesting the company's secretive plan to build a search engine that would comply with Chinese censorship.

The letter calls on executives to review ethics and transparency at the company.

The letter's contents were confirmed by a Google employee who helped organize it but who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the debate.

The letter says employees lack the information required "to make ethically informed decisions about our work" and complains that most employees only found out about the project — nicknamed Dragonfly — through media reports.

https://www.sfgate.com/business/technol ... 162444.php
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 18th, 2018, 2:00 pm

As a business, to operate in a country it needs to comply with its laws. This is why google in the US and Canada routinely removes results that violate these.

In response to multiple complaints that we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 27 results from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaints that caused the removals at LumenDatabase.org: Complaint.

Google sees business in China (1.3 billion people!) and thus would like to operate there, however due to china’s Oppressive government that wants government control over the internet and what their people see, will not tolerate any possible criticism and therefor has routinely placed restrictions on google and other search engines. Google has therefor had a tumultuous history in China where anytime they haven’t complied with government demands they have been taken down.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4074 posts

Postby floppi » Sep 7th, 2018, 7:37 am

King of fake news finally gets a permanent ban on twitter. Don't let the door slam your A$$ as you slither out the door, Alex!!

The End Finally Comes for Alex Jones

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... es/569578/

3 people like this post.
floppi
Übergod

Liked in: 438 posts

Postby Jonrox » Sep 7th, 2018, 8:45 am

Keep in mind that censorship by a company is not an infringement on free speech rights.

Omnitheo likes this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2221 posts

Next

Return to World