Twitter Permanently Bans Conservatives but not any Leftists

Re: Twitter Permanently Bans Conservatives but not any Lefti

Postby Verum » Oct 16th, 2018, 9:00 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Verum wrote: You know what JLives meant as this has been pointed out to you in the past.

actually, after seeing how dumb all of the posters here were when it came to Bernie Sanders,

All posters? Doesn't that include you too? You see, we can all play at being stupidly obtuse. I know what and whom you mean, but that's not the same as what you wrote.
I honestly believe that none of these people understand how markets function, either public or private, and have no idea why stock markets exist, or what the difference is between a public company, and a private one.

Proportionately very few people do actually understand most of this stuff properly, even among those who often think that they do.
There is actually a huge difference, but why concern yourself with details like that when trying to defend the policies of leftists censoring anybody they disagree with.

This is largely irrelevant to the topic at hand and yes, I know the difference between publicly traded and privately traded companies and I also know what most people mean when they say "public company" by the context. Publicly traded is by far the more likely, but it's not always what people mean. Such behave essentially in the same manner as privately traded companies when it comes to the likes of censorship, freedom of speech, etc. and as such whether the company is publicly traded or not is essentially of little concern for the topic at hand. Similarly, whether a company is public sector or private sector is hugely important for the topic at hand, so it takes someone being obtuse or ignorant to not realise that in this case public sector is what was meant. Doing this just comes across as a topic-derailing tactic, not an attempt to have an honest discussion.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

Omnitheo likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1350 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 17th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Twitter said Wednesday that it will not suspend Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan over a tweet comparing Jews to termites, the company confirmed to The Hill.

Farrakhan, who has been accused of making anti-Semitic remarks for years, posted a clip to Twitter of a speech he gave captioned, "I'm not an anti-Semite. I'm anti-Termite."

The tweet prompted backlash on the platform, with figures such as Chelsea Clinton blasting it as anti-Semitic.
"The responsive laughter makes my skin crawl. For everyone who rightly condemned President Trump's rhetoric when he spoke about immigrants 'infesting our country,' this rhetoric should be equally unacceptable to you," Clinton wrote.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/tw ... spartanntp
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

rustled likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18057 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 17th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Verum wrote:All posters? Doesn't that include you too?.

No, just the brainless morons who supported Bernie Sanders. I was not one of those people.
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Verum » Oct 17th, 2018, 10:03 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Verum wrote:All posters? Doesn't that include you too?.

No, just the brainless morons who supported Bernie Sanders. I was not one of those people.

That's not what you wrote though. And yes, it's completely clear that you couldn't be part of that group you describe because you wouldn't support Bernie Sanders.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1350 posts

Postby Ka-El » Oct 18th, 2018, 6:36 am

Verum wrote: Doing this just comes across as a topic-derailing tactic, not an attempt to have an honest discussion.

Disgusting left-wing nonsense. So stupid. So evil.
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought
– apparently not recognizable to those who don’t have the ability.

"I don't know what this means"

Verum likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5596 posts

Postby Glacier » Oct 18th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Very interesting show on CBC radio tonight as I'm driving home. It's about the Facebook censorship, which according to the show (And I have no reason to doubt it), they are quite libertarian about free-speech. They do not target some races more than others as social justice types want them to do. Saying that white men suck gets you the same treatment as saying that black women suck.

They explained to the CBC that a global entity like Facebook can't entertain the idea of white privilege or any idea of favouring disadvantaged groups because an advantaged group in one area might be disadvantaged in another area or country.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10448 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 19th, 2018, 6:31 am

Ka-El wrote:Disgusting left-wing nonsense. So stupid. So evil.

The Left, so easily played.

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Brerrabbit18 » Oct 19th, 2018, 1:33 pm

The Left, so easily played

The Right, not smart enough to know the difference.

2 people like this post.
Brerrabbit18

Liked in: 60 posts

Postby Ka-El » Oct 19th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Brerrabbit18 wrote: The Right, not smart enough to know the difference.

As the British philosopher and political economist, John Stuart Mill, observed (and can be easily confirmed by a quick google search), "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid, it is true most stupid people are conservative."
The ability to suspend judgment and change your mind when warranted is a distinguishing feature of critical thought

Omnitheo likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Postby Vacancyrate » Dec 4th, 2018, 4:36 pm

I got a call from my cell provider yesterday.

Seems they are banning me from using their private companies services because they don't like the topics of conversations I'm having while speaking on the phone. They can change the terms of service 20 times a day after all and by me picking up the phone I automatically agreed to their new terms of service. No way for me to appeal either because it's a private company.

Those people supporting Twitter bans will surely justify a phone companies ability to deny their customers service based on their use of their services.

I'll just have to create my own cellular network now. After all it's not censorship.
Vacancyrate
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 483 posts

Postby csm » Dec 6th, 2018, 7:59 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 6th, 2018, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Apathy = the Death of Freedom - be accountable or be a slave!
csm
Fledgling

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby RupertBear » Dec 6th, 2018, 8:37 am

csm wrote:Stupid people are the one's who actually think they know everything and can judge based on personal belief as opposed to fact.

I think you just described Donald Trump to a tee.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 600 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 6th, 2018, 8:38 am

csm wrote: Typcially, you are making a derogatory statement against Conservatives, which could be considered a "Hate Crime" ( A liberal rational by the way), just as if you called all "Muslims" stupid, or "Sikhs" stupid.

I contend Liberals more apt to become serial killers because of their "Lax System of Justice" - wasn't Clifford Olsen a "Liberal"?

If Castanet moderators actually had any gumption, they would have removed your obvious "Hate Statement".

Go back you your pasture you left wing dip-sh*t

:laugh: what a snowflake

Jmfva likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Previous

Return to World