Brazil voting far right

Re: Brazil voting far right

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:13 am

Now that Brazil has voted for a right wing government. Hopefully it will be less corrupt. Try to see the good
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

averagejoe likes this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3266 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:27 am

Omnitheo wrote: Castro personally said that the negative treatment of gays in Cuba arose out of the country's pre-revolutionary attitudes toward homosexuality.

LOL - yeah I guess you could call torturing and murdering gay people as "negative treatment". I can just see in 30 years the same dumb-dumbs who are trying to defend Castro's record now, defending ISIS losers who threw gay people off of buildings in 2015. "They say they regret their "negative treatment" of throwing gay people off of buildings, and now say that they will install trampolines at the base of buildings before throwing them off - so take that right wingers!!!"

Just so freaking...stupid...

Fidel Castro was many things: a revolutionary, a communist, a garrulous orator. Amid the fawning encomia released upon his long-overdue death at the age of 90, it should never be forgotten that he was also an oppressor, torturer, and murderer of gay people.

“We would never come to believe that a homosexual could embody the conditions and requirements of conduct that would enable us to consider him a true revolutionary, a true communist militant,” Castro told an interviewer in 1965. “A deviation of that nature clashes with the concept we have of what a militant communist should be.”

In the eyes of Castro and his revolutionary comrade Che Guevara—who frequently referred to gay men as maricones, “f----ts”—homosexuality was inherently counterrevolutionary, a bourgeois decadence. To a traditional Latin American machismo that viewed gayness pejoratively, they married an ideological fixation treating it as politically undesirable.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fidel-cas ... gay-rights

Not everything is as black and white as some posters like to make things out to be. Reminder to take what people say with a grain of salt and fact check for yourself.

I agree. It's really up to posters here to sort through the apologist bull :cuss: ladled out here by evil communists.
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18057 posts

Postby Queen K » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:29 am

ummmm errr Brazil?

:135:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46008907

One of Mr Bolsonaro's flagship campaign issues has been to increase security for Brazilian citizens. He has portrayed himself as a hardliner who will restore safety to Brazil's streets, indicating that his government will aim to relax laws restricting the ownership and carrying of guns.

There you have it, tough on crime, but relax gun laws.

People are sick and tired of criminals getting away with everything.
Last edited by Queen K on Oct 29th, 2018, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

Poindexter likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13765 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:31 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Now that Brazil has voted for a right wing government. Hopefully it will be less corrupt. Try to see the good

I doubt it. Corruption is the main problem all over Latin America. Far left governments, far right governments, it makes no difference. It's a cultural thing. Revolutions have come and gone all over the place, and nothing much changes.
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Queen K likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Omnitheo » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:34 am

*removed*

Thankfully the number of elections going to far right parties is still in such a minority that each one is deserving of its own thread to highlight it. Meanwhile most of the world continues as usual. Not buying into such far right rhetoric.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... endar_2018
Last edited by ferri on Oct 29th, 2018, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

Jmfva likes this post.
Omnitheo
Guru

Liked in: 4072 posts

Postby Queen K » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:39 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... -fortaleza

Graphic details.

But I sense what is happening in Brazil, may happen in Canada with all our anger that "nothing happens to criminals" in Kelowna.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

the truth likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13765 posts

Postby Jmfva » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:41 am

Queen K wrote:ummmm errr Brazil?

:135:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46008907

One of Mr Bolsonaro's flagship campaign issues has been to increase security for Brazilian citizens. He has portrayed himself as a hardliner who will restore safety to Brazil's streets, indicating that his government will aim to relax laws restricting the ownership and carrying of guns.

There you have it, tough on crime, but relax gun laws.

People are sick and tired of criminals getting away with everything.

Prepare for a bloodbath.
Jmfva
Board Meister

Liked in: 556 posts

Postby Jmfva » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:48 am

Bolsonaro's social ideology makes Trump look like a leftist, I can only hope the members of society he has openly demonized can band together and maintain the rights they currently have.

Omnitheo likes this post.
Jmfva
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 29th, 2018, 8:52 am

I am sick of groups of people expecting to have more rights than others. Equality should mean all are equal before the law. I support many of the ideals of equality.

No special favours
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

the truth likes this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 29th, 2018, 10:03 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 29th, 2018, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby the truth » Oct 29th, 2018, 10:09 am

Omnitheo wrote:*removed*

Thankfully the number of elections going to far right parties is still in such a minority that each one is deserving of its own thread to highlight it. Meanwhile most of the world continues as usual. Not buying into such far right rhetoric.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... endar_2018

times are a changing :smt045 https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/10 ... CSU-Weidel great news https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/29/hesse-e ... e-spd.html
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6429 posts

Postby Jmfva » Oct 29th, 2018, 10:32 am

Jflem1983 wrote:I am sick of groups of people expecting to have more rights than others. Equality should mean all are equal before the law. I support many of the ideals of equality.

No special favours

He is on record saying gays should die... so everyone should die?
Jmfva
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 29th, 2018, 10:34 am

Jmfva wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:I am sick of groups of people expecting to have more rights than others. Equality should mean all are equal before the law. I support many of the ideals of equality.

No special favours

Sure whatever. If thats what u wanna hear i guess

Jflem1983
Guru

Postby JagXKR » Oct 29th, 2018, 10:46 am

The left just does not get it. There is no balance anymore and the pendulum will start swing back to the right. This is happening in more than just Brazil. I've said it before that the left has gone too far and now we are seeing the backlash. Still the left is blind to the reality that they themselves are the cause. Myopic stupidity is their doom.
Fun watching it though. [icon_lol2.gif]
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1158 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Oct 29th, 2018, 10:47 am

Jmfva wrote:

where is he "on record" saying this?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... obic-rants

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to World